Guwange coming to XBLA

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
This. 4.3 is such a simple, yet irritating thing to get wrong. I can agree on the fact that it's a $10 release. There just isn't much incentive to play it over an emulated form with the display botched.

What if they had excluded dpad (stick) support? Would we still be whiners?

It's worth $10 just for the two new modes. If they didn't include stick support then yeah, you'd have something worth complaining about. But as it stands you're all just a bunch of whiners as far as I'm concerned.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Is there some type of internal MS guideline that forces widescreen? I can't recall any recent XBLA game that's supported 4x3. It would suck if it was MS rather than Cave's doing.

I don't play enough Arcade games to know, but I think Cave would have mentioned it after getting the complaints. They probably would have said "Sorry, talk to MS about it," rather than "We'll pass it onto the Guwange team" or whatever they said.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There are plenty of arcade games that run in 4:3 with no problems. With older low res arcade stuff (like, Shinobi or TMNT) it may take some adjustments but they play full screen and look pretty good. New games are generally widescreen only, and as long as the game is designed for it I'm okay with it.

I tried the Guwange demo, and I will buy it if/when it gets patched. Otherwise, I'll wait until I get an HDTV. I've got other Cave shooters on 360 and PS3 (via PSN HK) to scratch that particular itch until then.

sat985

Quiz Detective
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago for xbla. It's a interesting approach to unique artwork with the level layout. My only complaint is it wasn't long enough. Somehow I missed this gem over the years. Gave it a playthrough on emu too.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
All right, good. So it should be coming. Thanks for posting that.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
rad! couldn't find a date though. the day they patch it I'm buying it!

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Just played this on xbla this week. killer game (also played sky stage for the first time). a friend brought his box over and i made him download them. are there any other cave titles on xbla?

wish psn could get these.

fake

15 Year Member
Just played this on xbla this week. killer game (also played sky stage for the first time). a friend brought his box over and i made him download them. are there any other cave titles on xbla?

wish psn could get these.

No, but there's Deathsmiles, which you can probably find for about $30-40. Also, there's Mushihime-Sama Futari which is region free. There's even a Platinum Edition of that one, so it should be only $30. EspGaluda II is region-free but only the standard version, not the collector's edition. Pink Sweets / Muchi Muchi Pork will also be region free. There are Cave games for iOS as well.

If you've got a PS3, set up a Japanese PSN account. It takes about 10 minutes. Then you can buy a points card and have the vendor send you the code through email. There are two Cave shooters on there - DonPachi and DoDonPachi. They come out to about $6 each.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Great news about the update. I already have it because I can full screen it with the particular monitor I have, but at least now I won't have to do weird shit in order to get it that way. Hopefully this pushes the sales up a bit for people that were waiting for the fix and Cave will learn from it for future releases. Can't wait for some Dangun.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
No, but there's Deathsmiles, which you can probably find for about $30-40. Also, there's Mushihime-Sama Futari which is region free. There's even a Platinum Edition of that one, so it should be only $30. EspGaluda II is region-free but only the standard version, not the collector's edition. Pink Sweets / Muchi Muchi Pork will also be region free. There are Cave games for iOS as well.

If you've got a PS3, set up a Japanese PSN account. It takes about 10 minutes. Then you can buy a points card and have the vendor send you the code through email. There are two Cave shooters on there - DonPachi and DoDonPachi. They come out to about $6 each.

I can set up a Japanese account?!?! Sweet! Any concerns?

And Deathsmiles is $30? What platform?

fake

15 Year Member
Huh, is Dangun supposed to be rereleased?

I can set up a Japanese account?!?! Sweet! Any concerns?

And Deathsmiles is $30? What platform?

You have to fill out some fake information such as your not so real Japanese address, but I don't think they'd ever shut your account down or anything unless you entered false credit card info. But if you just don't fill that part out and stick with pre-paid cards, you should be all set. There are a bunch of youtube videos that walk you through it.

Deathsmiles is for 360. They have it on amazon for $29 for the standard version or $34 for the limited one with a soundtrack and faceplate. :vik:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Damn. I was just going to post that they were going to patch the game, they just updated their Facebook status a few minutes ago, here's the quote directly from them.

A little late, but our 360 producer Makoto Asada has confirmed that the dev department has found time to patch 4:3 mode into Guwange. We are submitting the patch for certification now and hopefully will see it by the end of February. When we have a definite release date for the patch, we will make an announcement here.

Thank goodness I'll actually be able to play the game. That's the last time I buy the full version of a game before I download the trial first. Was almost like throwing 10 bucks in the garbage.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
The trial version of Guwange was very letterboxed (top and bottom) even on my 16:9 LCD. None of the options seemed to be able to get it fullscreen. It looked bad enough to put off buying it. Are there more display options in the full version?

fake

15 Year Member
The trial version of Guwange was very letterboxed (top and bottom) even on my 16:9 LCD. None of the options seemed to be able to get it fullscreen. It looked bad enough to put off buying it. Are there more display options in the full version?

Yup, there's a zoom function. I haven't tried the demo so I'm not sure if you're just not seeing that option or if it's only in the full version.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Huh, is Dangun supposed to be rereleased?

You have to fill out some fake information such as your not so real Japanese address, but I don't think they'd ever shut your account down or anything unless you entered false credit card info. But if you just don't fill that part out and stick with pre-paid cards, you should be all set. There are a bunch of youtube videos that walk you through it.

Deathsmiles is for 360. They have it on amazon for $29 for the standard version or $34 for the limited one with a soundtrack and faceplate. :vik:

Thanks mate

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I still find it hard to believe how much hate and alienation people are expressing towards this game. Patch or no patch I think this port is incredible and ridiculously inexpensive not to own.

I'm kinda biased though, Guwange is my fav cave game so there you go, anything Guwange is gold for me. When I beat people down for money I'm already on the lookout to shoot someone else before I get there so I don't loose my count before I take their lunch money!

"Gemme Gold you hag!"