Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
It is a bit sad when Le Cortex manages to custom make AES Cases for the POS that is Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon, but it turns into years of delays with NG:DEV. As GT40 has stated it is time to face facts, cut your loses and find a way to remedy the situation. Either produce your own AES cases and ship them out, or send a partial refund to buyers and just ship the inserts.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Cheapest i founf was an ebay listing for the dreamcast version for $67. Not the worst but i recall the Dreamcast going for $40, so this may be the way for me to play te game until more MVS carts get made or the Indiegogo campaign for 3Ds/WiiU ports succeeds.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Cheapest i founf was an ebay listing for the dreamcast version for $67. Not the worst but i recall the Dreamcast going for $40, so this may be the way for me to play te game until more MVS carts get made or the Indiegogo campaign for 3Ds/WiiU ports succeeds.

The indiegogo campaign failed. $67 isn't to bad for the Dreamcast port, I believe I paid more for my copy and the game is worth it.

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
JASON YOUNG aka DAVIDG IS LINKED TO:

http://www.jrwdesignsgroup.com

Their address:
JRW Designs
1935 Drew Road, Unit 25
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada L5S 1M7

WHY NOT CHECK WHAT BUSINESS THEY'RE INTO?

WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO START WITH THE SNAPLOCK MYSTERY.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
QQ... I can state, especially to the OTHER consumers they are swaying, that I feel that their evaluations are bizarre bordering on nonsensical.
But that's just me.

NGDEV needs to get yall your ish, but people angrily posting about it every other day seems.. unhealthy to me..

And I feel just the same about NGDEV.

Out of pure curiosity, exactly how long ago and or exactly how many Neo Geo "AES" games have you ordered with NGDT?

There is only really 3 so far, Last Hope, Gunlord, and Fast Striker, so just a straight forward answer is all I'm after.

Oh, and by the way, as unhealthy as it might be for "you"...

People are posting their frustrations and legitimate concerns here, because this is the only logical and public place that they can vent and share this with others.

Not to mention that NGDT does monitor these forums, and probably should be getting a clue. And if they're not getting a clue, then they must be oblivious to what is obvious to all others. That is the people, their buyers, are NOT HAPPY, and they need to fix this now or suffer later. It's a pretty basic level of common sense. :rolleyes:

It's basically called word-of-mouth... A.K.A., letting other would be buyers know that they would be in best practice to hold off their desires until said company gets their shit together. I'll explain this too.
Positive word-of-mouth business = GOOD
Negative word-of-mouth business = BAD

This translates to, if they're asking for more money for more ventures and they haven't even delivered 100% of their previous engagements, then they're probably not going to get much business, pre-orders, investments or help from the public. Which in turn leads to a defunct company, and it doesn't mean anything about how good they "were".

Bottom line for NGDT, fix this damn debacle already!!

Last edited:

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
It won't help at all if you get angry and end all your posts with "fix this already" and numerous exclamation points.

Capt. Lurker

I work about 10 minutes from that address and drive by there often. Just out of curiosity, if I were to stop by there, what exactly would I do?

1.) Ask if Jason Young works there. If not, ask if David G works there, if not... we're all screwed. :rolleyes:

2.) If either of them work there, and you're able to talk to either one (it's the same guy different name cause he's a fraud and hiding out) then ask him to show proof that the AES snap lock cases are indeed in Canadian Customs. Proof would be the tracking numbers related to the shipping and the Canadian Customs tracking numbers as well (this has already been asked of NGDT, but they probably don't have this and or they're probably in the dark as well or worse, they're really isn't any snap cases and never was).

3.) Then, while you're standing in front of this douche bag, call Canadian Customs and inquire about the information he gave you.

4.) Report back here, with info, pics and or videos.

Last edited:

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
NG-DEV tweets: "The productions of Fast Striker AES PCBs have started. The PCBs are scheduled for arrival in 4 weeks. We will then announce the release date"

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
1.) Ask if Jason Young works there. If not, ask if David G works there, if not... we're all screwed. :rolleyes:

2.) If either of them work there, and you're able to talk to either one (it's the same guy different name cause he's a fraud and hiding out) then ask him to show proof that the AES snap lock cases are indeed in Canadian Customs. Proof would be the tracking numbers related to the shipping and the Canadian Customs tracking numbers as well (this has already been asked of NGDT, but they probably don't have this and or they're probably in the dark as well or worse, they're really isn't any snap cases and never was).

3.) Then, while you're standing in front of this douche bag, call Canadian Customs and inquire about the information he gave you.

4.) Report back here, with info, pics and or videos.

You could do all that or just

1.) Punch him in the face.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
You could do all that or just

1.) Punch him in the face.

Nah, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to share all that information with a complete stranger even though it's absolutely none of my business.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Reading this thread made me decide against buying the Dreamcast version of NEO XYX or giving NGDEV any of my money.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Reading this thread made me decide against buying the Dreamcast version of NEO XYX or giving NGDEV any of my money.

Same! @pipes Roll deep when you head over there so they know you're serious haha!

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Reading this thread makes me keep waiting and keep calm. NGDev knows perfectly the situation and is doing their best to get rid of all this shit. Their business depends on it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Reading this thread makes me keep waiting and keep calm. NGDev knows perfectly the situation and is doing their best to get rid of all this shit. Their business depends on it.

At one time, this was also true for NCI as well. It takes but a single act of betrayal of trust to end everything.

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
To boredom and all others I would like to draw attention to my previous post, as I feel that it sums up the situation nicely.

Anyone who gives any money to these guys going forward deserves what they get; their pattern of behavior is pretty clear.

Brand new Neo Geo games of considerable quality with NO INSERTS! BUM BUM BUUUMM!

Sorry if it offended but that mess right there is factual, you will get games, but you may be waiting on the ancillary bits for quite some time.

HECK I even said DON'T purchase the AES releases. I still feel that NGDEV and home brew in general should be supported, but..

Out of pure curiosity, exactly how long ago and or exactly how many Neo Geo "AES" games have you ordered with NGDT?

There is only really 3 so far, Last Hope, Gunlord, and Fast Striker, so just a straight forward answer is all I'm after.

You caught me, I'm a fake geek girl, I only own NG games on dreamcast, and am still waiting for the Gunlord MVS Reprint that I payed for, but won't be getting until after you receive your AES items. Good on yah GT, you got me.

So what is your master stroke? What is your endgame? Make sure that NGDEV suffers as hard as possible for the delay, turn off new consumers till you are appeased? even if it means choking them out of business?
Then what? Hope Le cortex starts making better games?

Late Neo Geo homebrew, is better than no Neo Geo homebrew.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I may obtain a reseller's copy of XYX down the road, but I simply don't trust NGDEV with my money after reading about this debacle. There's no agenda behind it other than that.

TBH, after this betrayal of trust I'd say they have little chance of ever again making any bank off a new Neo/DC release. It might be wise for them to consider moving to the PC, where their games can be quickly and easily distributed to a much wider audience through platforms like Steam, and no one has to wait for any cases to get through customs.

Last edited:

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Oh yeah right, because the indiegogo campaign went so well. Seriously. NGDEV will thrive because they produce high quality games for a 20+ year old system with enthusiasts who have money to spend.

Even better, immediately after release those games will rise in price because some douchebags "who didn't trust NGDEV with their money" are more than willing to pay 1.5 or 2 times the amount to flippers.

In the end it is the same with NGDEV than with any other seller for niches (be it coffee grinders, video game soundtracks, iPod/iPhone docks, butcher blocks, knives…)—they cost more, their service has some hiccups and they will take longer to deliver. But the end product makes up for it.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
You guys love drama. Ok, let's destroy the best -and only- indie developer for the neogeo. Come on, you even compared them with NCI... what's wrong with you all? You got the game, right? then wait patiently until they send the cases as I'm doing (they wrote me about it) and keep supporting them.

Can you imagine what games could ngdev develop in the future? without support, none. And all of that 'cause a box and a paper that sooner or later will show up in your mail.

powerflower

Banned
Shame on you NGDEV, taking a shit ton of money and do not deliver. Yellow pages you suckers. Some shitty snap cases, shall I laugh at you? We are not talking about 10,000 snaps maybe 500 or so? What is wrong with you?

Oh, and by the way Gunlord suxs badly. Magician Lord has wayyyyyy better graphics/art design than your shitty Turrican clone. And talking 'bout XYZ, you raised it from shitty 202 megs to still shitty 262 megs? Im impressesed...NOT!! Go play some Pulstar or Blazing Star... dann können wir weiter reden ihr Loser!

DO NOT MESS with Cave Shmups, just don`t.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Speaks 3 Languages
3 Different ways to talk utter shit.

Capt. Lurker

You caught me, I'm a fake geek girl, I only own NG games on dreamcast, and am still waiting for the Gunlord MVS Reprint that I payed for, but won't be getting until after you receive your AES items. Good on yah GT, you got me.

So what is your master stroke? What is your endgame? Make sure that NGDEV suffers as hard as possible for the delay, turn off new consumers till you are appeased? even if it means choking them out of business?
Then what? Hope Le cortex starts making better games?

Late Neo Geo homebrew, is better than no Neo Geo homebrew.

Nice try at sarcasm, however fake girl or not, you haven't suffer squat! Which is exactly why I posted the question because my intuition was correct. And had you paid any attention to the others (and it’s apparent you have not) that have posted their discontent with NGDT behavior and poor business practices as of late, you'd have realized that we're making a justified complaint.

And why you'd dump money on an MVS reprint knowing and seeing what is happening... well that's your own fault if you'll end up waiting for it to arrive in 2014, 2015 etc. etc.. Fact is, most if not all of us dumped significant money into NGDT's AES games Gunlord and Fast Striker prior to their ever being an issue.

And we've hung in there through the entire duration, patiently supporting, patiently waiting on how things played out (most of us for 2 years if you need to be reminded) and now we’re at a point of no return, and it's gone too far without the simplest of solutions to be seen. And now the best part is; no updates, news or anything to be seen, with the exception of the same rehashed crap update that we might get in our email boxes.

And then they expect more support or up front monies for new ventures, and they haven’t even delivered 100% of what others have been waiting for 2+ years for!? What… Really!? We’re not taking about some $60 Dreamcast game; we’re talking about games that cost on the exchange rate upwards of $600+ USD each! We want and we demand results for the current situation, not excuses. IS that too much to ask?

My master stroke, whatever that’s supposed to mean? But I’ll entertain an answer… Look, I’m not certain if you’re swinging off the nuts of NGDT. I really don’t care, but the bottom line is, and I’ve said it before… I support the NGDT, but I wouldn’t give them another penny for a future venture until I get 100% of what I’ve paid for. Oh, and it appears other have come to this decision too if you’ve been reading and comprehending what others have been writing.

So with that being stated, I/we and our “master stoke” is to simply voice our discontent, discourage or caution others and or simply advise would be buyers to think before they spend on NGDT ventures until those that have actually “bought/paid” for AES games are delivered 100% of their investment. It’s really not hard to understand this concept.

What someone does with this information is their business. But they can never come back 1-2 or 3 years from now and say… nobody warned me! Or that’ they’ve been waiting years to get what they’ve paid several hundreds of dollars for.

Myself (and others) have only provided the facts.

Facts not fiction, It’s up to other to decide for themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.