Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
While I can understand why your so upset ( I've been waiting for AES Fast Striker myself) , there is a good chance that DG will deliver on the cases. It took forever but he did come through on the shells.

The delay problems isn't just limited to NG: Dev though. I'm still waiting for my Pandora after 5 damn years. Also, look at the delay that Sturmwind had. All three are European companies.

See it's not really ok though is it. Waiting 5 years for a Pandora? Fuck me. Do they need a rocket up their arse or what.

The problem with all this stuff is that the people behind them are "enthusiasts" rather than business people. Sometimes they are trying to be both at the same time but can't quite pull it off. Anyone who has been in business knows you can't take customers money and then expect them to wait years and years for what they purchased. As I said previously I think at this stage most people would be happy if they just got a partial refund and went to organise the cases themselves.

It doesn't help that NGDT don't seem to be telling the whole truth with where things are at. Stuff doesn't get stuck in customers for half a year. That is total bullshit. The shells were not NOS they were fabricated.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
While I can understand why your so upset ( I've been waiting for AES Fast Striker myself) , there is a good chance that DG will deliver on the cases. It took forever but he did come through on the shells.

The delay problems isn't just limited to NG: Dev though. I'm still waiting for my Pandora after 5 damn years. Also, look at the delay that Sturmwind had. All three are European companies.

See it's not really ok though is it. Waiting 5 years for a Pandora? Fuck me. Do they need a rocket up their arse or what.

The problem with all this stuff is that the people behind them are "enthusiasts" rather than business people. Sometimes they are trying to be both at the same time but can't quite pull it off. Anyone who has been in business knows you can't take customers money and then expect them to wait years and years for what they purchased. As I said previously I think at this stage most people would be happy if they just got a partial refund and went to organise the cases themselves.

It doesn't help that NGDT don't seem to be telling the whole truth with where things are at. Stuff doesn't get stuck in customers for half a year. That is total bullshit. The shells were not NOS they were fabricated.

And you are both making valid points. NGDT isn't the only one with delays. Got it. The problem however, isn't so much the delays; the problem is the lack of delivering what you have now (and buyers know that they can assemble FS now and or they have Gunlord inserts now) and worry about delivering the snap cases when they come in.

The problem isn't that people don't think they won't deliver, but that they’re waiting for one small part to deliver to them that everyone already has seen is an issue with said source DG.

Everyone knows this guy is a fraud of some sort. Another member here already made a terrific point, if this stuff has been in customs for nearly 6+ months, the amount of fees racked up would be extraordinary. This seriously brings a doubt that even a 5 year old child could figure out. It’s common sense!

Bottom line, we know that NGDT has the goods to complete the Fast Striker game, they’ve already stated it IE: carts, cart stickers, manuals, boards, inserts, etc. Why not assemble what you have; ship them in cardboard boxes just like Gunlord and ship them "with inserts"? Then ship the snap cases later. Ship the Gunlord inserts now too!! Why keep us waiting? There is no valid reason for this utter lack of a simple solution that I have mentioned, and others are thinking the same.
This would surely put people at least 75% satisfied, and in turn allow them to have their game that they paid for, and not to mention if they have existing spare snap cases, then they can use that until NGDT delivers the final case.
Heck even offering a free basic version of Dreamcast XYX would help ease the pain and wait. Instead we get nothing but the same BS line about the cases if not no news at all?! Really?!
Like I said before, lose a little now, or lose a lot later. It’s basic business ethics!

It's simply not that hard to figure this solution out already. I even asked them myself for the Gunlord insert and they flat out denied that option. Which is utterly stupid because what difference would it make to send it now or later?

I don’t believe I’m being irrational with these solutions and I am certainly speaking for anyone else that is or could be thinking the same.

Last edited:

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
+1 on what GT40PWR said

Also they love to play the 'we are just a small company' card when stuff like this happens. We KNOW you are a small company so stop giving us unrealistic expectations and misleading information.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Ship the Gunlord inserts now too!! Why keep us waiting? There is no valid reason for this utter lack of a simple solution that I have mentioned, and others are thinking the same. [...] Which is utterly stupid because what difference would it make to send it now or later?
I guess they want to save on the shipping it would cost to send out the inserts alone to everyone that has preordered... considering they've got customers worldwide and that they will already have to pay the shipping for the snapcases out of their own pockets (since they send out incomplete Gun Lord sets already).

Capt. Lurker

I guess they want to save on the shipping it would cost to send out the inserts alone to everyone that has preordered... considering they've got customers worldwide and that they will already have to pay the shipping for the snapcases out of their own pockets (since they send out incomplete Gun Lord sets already).

Sure... however they could have shipped the inserts along with the original shipping of Gunlord along with all the extras they included in the first place.

Not to mention, those that are waiting for Fast Striker, like myself, they can ship the GL insert along with my long awaited FS package.

Again, what difference would this have made in the long run?

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Anyone received a refund from the second indiegogo campaign?

Yeah, came through today, a quick cycle - considering I was a very late supporter.
Still believe NG Dev can pull out the stops for consoles / Steam & handheld platforms.

Not a massive Indiegogo or Kickstarter supporterizer, so not sure if there's anything between
either & any projects I've thrown down on *cough - the brilliant XBLIG indie shmup Power Up
have usually been via the latter.

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
yeah actually I´m waiting for pc version of power up too, did the cheapest pledge for that one :)

Oh and I have the indiegogo refund for gunlord today too. so at least that worked.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
It's hard to believe this fiasco still continues. I haven't been following this for a while since I would have thought it was resolved by now. I have no idea how many of you find the patience to deal with all this.

Capt. Lurker

It's hard to believe this fiasco still continues. I haven't been following this for a while since I would have thought it was resolved by now. I have no idea how many of you find the patience to deal with all this.

It's simple, because most of us are at that point of no return. We've invested too much time and or funds into this, and leaving now would be futile! And this is what makes the blood boil even more, is that knowing that there are and have been many or better resolutions to this fiasco, and nothing is really being done on the part of NGDT to rectify anything. The same BS line keeps being fed to us and, we keep seeing through the BS. However, we don't want to give in now because we've got too much into this.

Like someone has already mentioned, NGDT are enthusiasts (and that's great) and not business oriented (and that is not good) and there has to be a solid balance of this. However this tune needs to change and a solid resolution has to be made, or their future will be effected by it, if it hasn't already. The patients of the buyers/investors is running out and thin... daily!

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
their future will be effected by it, if it hasn't already

Anyone who gives any money to these guys going forward deserves what they get; their pattern of behavior is pretty clear.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Anyone who gives any money to these guys going forward deserves what they get; their pattern of behavior is pretty clear.

Brand new Neo Geo games of considerable quality with NO INSERTS! BUM BUM BUUUMM!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
My second and last game from them, it's really such a fucking joke by now, you can't run a business like that. "David G" probably fucked them over. Hard.

Capt. Lurker

QQ... "David G" probably fucked them over. Hard.

And you sir are correct!! This has surpassed the absurd level. And this being the case, they need to remove their head from the dumb-dumb clouds and or scrap the naïve thoughts and fix this NOW!!

NGDT... David G is, was and will always be a fraud in one way or another, despite what he may have done for others in the past! Get over it, finish the GL and FS AES projects. Take some or all of the advice and or suggestions that have been presented here and get these issues resolved!! Do the right thing already!! And STOP wasting people's time with BS excuses!!

On another note, I'm calling you out NGDT and I know you're watching these forums...

Present the tracking numbers, and Canadian customs numbers right here on the NG.com forums!
If you're telling the truth, and you have nothing to hide, then allow the members here to make calls and inquires online or with Canadian Customs to verify what we all believe to be utter BS!

If these cases or other items DG supposedly sent, and are supposedly in Canadian Customs still, then the tracking numbers provided will effectively prove this and nothing less.

So man up, and show the forums, buyers and investors that you're truly waiting for these snap cases to be released. Anything short of tracking numbers and or customs numbers for undelivered goods supposedly held in Canadian Customs would simply be another excuse and an attempt to dodge the obvious!!

All we want is facts, not fiction! Make it happen!

Bar81

20 Year Member
Brand new Neo Geo games of considerable quality with NO INSERTS! BUM BUM BUUUMM!

So I take it you're the kind of guy that likes paying full price for a car and doesn't mind when it arrives without a paint job.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
So I take it you're the kind of guy that likes paying full price for a car and doesn't mind when it arrives without a paint job.

When i was young i would have gone for an option like that. Always wanted to respray my cars back then but all the prep was a major hassle and added cost i could do without.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Just saw reviews on Gunlord on Youtube and got excited to buy the game, but after reading all the complaints about the company I'm not so sure I'm going to go forward. If they shape up and deliver what was promised, then maybe I will consider buying.

Capt. Lurker

Just saw reviews on Gunlord on Youtube and got excited to buy the game, but after reading all the complaints about the company I'm not so sure I'm going to go forward. If they shape up and deliver what was promised, then maybe I will consider buying.

Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have to get back on this game. I was so excited at first but lifing is so distracting...

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

The game itself is outstanding. If you can find a used copy, don´t hesitate to buy it, especially for Dreamcast where it is also affordable.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

No, but I am the kind of guy who wouldn't have a baby if the car arrived without the special commemorative dust cover and floor matts. To be fair though, that's a stupid comparison anyway, a car is an item produced by an enormous company operating on billions of dollars, serving one of the largest markets of any product in the world, they are a machine, I expect them to have their stuff together. Two or three guys in a foreign country producing homebrew products for one of the most niche markets in the world? Well considering I am grateful that anyone is still supporting the Neo, yes, I will gladly give them more leeway.

Especially when the thing I care about, the games, actually does get delivered with some certainty.

Just take it with a grain of salt, this is Neo-geo.com we are talking about, and don't buy an AES release, as the materials to fulfill those items are in very short supply and it has held up the delivery for a hella long time.

The Gunlord AES guys got their games, but they are still waiting on the incidentals, cases, inserts, etc.

I've always been critical of NGDEVs PR, but they make quality homebrew titles for a long dead system that I love and they are worth supporting. Though if you would like to skip the waiting list, used might be your best option.

Bar81

20 Year Member
No, but I am the kind of guy who wouldn't have a baby if the car arrived without the special commemorative dust cover and floor matts. To be fair though, that's a stupid comparison anyway, a car is an item produced by an enormous company operating on billions of dollars, serving one of the largest markets of any product in the world, they are a machine, I expect them to have their stuff together. Two or three guys in a foreign country producing homebrew products for one of the most niche markets in the world? Well considering I am grateful that anyone is still supporting the Neo, yes, I will gladly give them more leeway.

Especially when the thing I care about, the games, actually does get delivered with some certainty.

Actually, no. The only thing "stupid" is you thinking you can decide what's relevant and not relevant regarding a purchase.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Actually, no. The only thing "stupid" is you thinking you can decide what's relevant and not relevant regarding a purchase.

Huge multi national conglomerates with millions of employees competing over a global multi-billion dollar industry VS A couple german dudes making homebrew games?
To me seems like a pretty stupid comparison, but I guess that's just me.

And as a consumer, of COURSE I can decide what's relevant regarding a purchase, that's how I evaluate purchases in the first place. And as a person on an internet forum where people can freely say they are angry with their whole purchase because of the delayed arrival of their boxes and inserts, suggesting that they consider that portion of their order equally or more important than the other portions, then I can state, especially to the OTHER consumers they are swaying, that I feel that their evaluations are bizarre bordering on nonsensical.
But that's just me.

NGDEV needs to get yall your ish, but people angrily posting about it every other day seems.. unhealthy to me..

In the meantime I am still waiting for Boku kickstarter rewards that have been delayed and are owed to me, but I can wait patiently because I like what those creators make and think it's worth the wait.
And I feel just the same about NGDEV.

Status
Not open for further replies.