Grinwing's Classic Shock Inserts

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Here is a shot of the back. Not sure but I feel like it needs something up on the top. It just looks a little bit bare to me.

Again, thanks to le geek for supplying the background image I decided to use on the back. At first I didn't really see it fitting into the insert but was happy to find I could use it.

Again, looking for feedback.
backside8pt.png

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
The new back looks pretty good (the background blends nicely with the image). Why did you decide not to use that character art for the front as well?

As far as what is missing, traditionally there is some title text on the top of the rear covers for the inserts. Perhaps this is what your feeling.

It's already turning out to be the best Ganryu insert online! Keep it up!

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Thanks NeoCverA.

I decided to go with Suzume on the front as I felt it was a bit more colorful (which I like on the cover) and had a warmer feel. I also really like the way it seems she is walking on a path (and looking off as if she heard something.) I really don't have an idea of how I would have used the Musashi art on the front.

I was thinking of a discriptive title on the top of the back but there isn't anything on the fliers that I could borrow. I will have to give it some thought and see what I can come up with. I think I am also going to put the "major meg cart for use on MVS" line back in on the bottom as that space is also glaring at me.

If anyone wants a go at a full frontal (I am not ready for that challenge just yet!) just whistle! I have the scans of the fliers and am willing to shoot the images off to you.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
The back is looking good! On the front, try playing with the contrast, saturation, etc of the background image to get it closer to the "softer" colors of the girl...

Cheers,
Ben

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I played around with the front BG, added a splash sentence to the top of the back, and the NEOGEO MVS to the bottom of the back.

Here are the release candidates
releasecan5tk.png

releasecan24nw.png

Last chance for feedback.

A quick question for you guys. On your final version, what do you guys use for pixels/inch? I tend to go 500 on my working files, but my file sizes are very large. How much do you reduce this and still maintain the sharpness? My files are far larger than yours. I don't want to have people download fifteen 1.4MB .rars to get the image. Three to five .rars seems much better to me.

Last edited:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Looking Good!

I would go larger with both text areas on the back.

300 dpi should be plenty.

Cheers,
Ben

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
everything looks good, except the copy on the back, bump it up a hair and make it white or something...way too hard to read. I would also left justify it, or even left justify it against the angle of his sword. Just my 2 cents. Looks good!

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
much better....now I gotta get that game! :loco: Shockboxes are as bad an addiction as Neo games themselves.......almost.

looks great [add space between one and month in the story]

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I recreated the story from the flier. One month is spelled that way, with no space.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Grinwing said:
I recreated the story from the flier. One month is spelled that way, with no space.

awesome, keep the typo then. I dig recreating that stuff. Keep it authentic.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
If anyone would like to print one of these out, please email me. I don't have a place to host these. Let me know and I will get them sent out to you. They are in pdf format to make printing as painless as possible.

were8kosh

Rugal's Thug
15 Year Member
hey Grinwing
the inserts look kickass and i cant wait to print them.
just wanted to give ya a big thanks