Giby told me some sad news about SNKP

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Finally.

Now maybe the local arcade will get KOF. Why didn't they have it before? It wasn't pretty enough. Yeah, that's right. Graphics weren't nice enough.

This is a good thing guys - change = good.

But realize, the MVS isn't dead. There is no way they will just drop support. I wouldn't be surprised to see games released for MVS and atomiswave, if not just only to please the arcade MVS owner userbase.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
c.t.h:
Finally.

Now maybe the local arcade will get KOF. Why didn't they have it before? It wasn't pretty enough. Yeah, that's right. Graphics weren't nice enough.

This is a good thing guys - change = good.

But realize, the MVS isn't dead. There is no way they will just drop support. I wouldn't be surprised to see games released for MVS and atomiswave, if not just only to please the arcade MVS owner userbase.
It's been 13 friggin years, they've "pleased" the MVS owner userbase for more than long enough.

It'll be SS0 and MS5 out on the MVS and that'll be the end of it, unless someone else picks up Neo Sparks... :p

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Yeah, but there's still a very large installed userbase. Anyway, I'm sure we'll see a load of mvs stuff on yahoo japan as arcades dump them wink

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
What?

No Crystal System support...?

damn :(

edit: added header

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Average Joe ]</small>

JHendrix

c.t.h:
Yeah, but there's still a very large installed userbase. Anyway, I'm sure we'll see a load of mvs stuff on yahoo japan as arcades dump them wink
What the market getting flooded?? But then the prices would go down.... help tickled buttrock

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
lame.

it was a good run. longer than anyone should have
expected to say the least.
i ll have to figure out if i want to get an
atomiswave. but probably not.
bye bye last remenant of SNK.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
*play taps*

Oh, how I only finally just acquired thee. I'm still gonna hold on to it and keep buying games. I love my Neo, but its time has come.

Robert

20 Year Member
Ok everybody is crting because it certainly means that the neo will die but it is the... NEW OF THE YEAR buttrock buttrock buttrock buttrock

Welcome to the next level. The SNK will not die and that's the most important.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Who wants to lay money on the chance that Mugenmore will continue to use the same low res sprites from the Neo for KOF 2k3?

Hopefully they will redraw the graphics and drag it into the last 5 years. Guilty Gear type resolution but with the same great KoF that everyone loves.

I am doubting it though.

It will probably look like a MVS game in the end.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
My feelings about it are a little mixed, but overall I think this needed to be done. It sucks to see the Neo go away, but I also understand Playmore's reasoning.

Let's face it, aside from a few places (Japan, Mexico, etc.) KoF/Neo Geo games will NEVER be popular again since most people nowadays have the mindset that Xbox is the best system ever because it's the prettiest. Many think GGXX is the best 2D fighter ever as well solely because everything looks high-res. We can all sit here and talk about how the majority of people are sheep and don't know a good game if it bit them in the ass but it's never going to change.

Of course, when I know stuff like this is happening it makes me think that maybe I really don't need to play games anymore. frown

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Definitely not sad news...the series needs some drastic changes and I don't think the MVS hardware is inspiring enough to give this series the face lift it OH SO desperately needs.
I've never been completely satisfied with the rosters and later on,the graphics so whatever...
Who knows what the future will bring for MVS though, there's no telling what the powers that be will do in the future...MOTW 2 could be released for MVS next year for all we know...
heh.
-BB

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Maybe Sega was onto something when they upgraded from the Master System..

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I find hard to understand people who is complaining about SNKP about "killing" the Neo after 13 years... I think you should actually thank it for managing to keep it alive (almost a world record) for such a long time, despite all the dificulties...
Oh well, to each his own.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
on second thought this is pretty amusing.
things seem to have gone full circle it seems.
PLAYMORE being linked back to SAMMY made of ex SNKers

i m not mad or anything.
but theres something about having to buy it for
ps2 when it gets ported to have to play it at home
instead of the real version...
maybe i will get an atomiswave.
if the games are any good.
its been my opinion that PLAYMORE has done very few things
right so far.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Mixed feelings twisting inside.

My real question is will all SNKP games be on the Atomiswave?

EDIT:You'd think in a mother fucking 16 word post I could avoid spelling errors.

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: EvilMike ]</small>

JHendrix

broken:
Who wants to lay money on the chance that Mugenmore will continue to use the same low res sprites from the Neo for KOF 2k3?

Hopefully they will redraw the graphics and drag it into the last 5 years. Guilty Gear type resolution but with the same great KoF that everyone loves.

I am doubting it though.

It will probably look like a MVS game in the end.
I'll paypal you $5 if they do, not even they are that stupid.

Hell I think half the reason that they've gotten the nickname "Mugenmore" is because trying to get a programmer to do work for a 13 year old system in Assembly is virtually impossible. Now that they've moved on, I'm sure things will be much much better.

PS. What do I get if you're wrong? Well other than what I've always wanted: Next-Gen KOF. wink

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Amano Jacu:
I find hard to understand people who is complaining about SNKP about "killing" the Neo after 13 years... I think you should actually thank it for managing to keep it alive (almost a world record) for such a long time, despite all the dificulties...
Oh well, to each his own.
Oh please. Do not give credit to Playmore. This is the equivalent of saying thanks to Aruze, who only bought SNK to run it into the ground. Playmore only bought SNK's IP to milk it. They never cared about the Neo Geo.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
JHendrix:
Talen:
leepantalone:
Will prices escalate due to the stop of new games? Or will interest fade, and prices fall?
I magine prices will jump for a bit, but slowly come down over the next couple years. No actual factual basis for that, just my guess. :p
All the people who've been holding onto Euro Kizuana's are now going to flood the market in a panic... wink
Amen brother!