"Ghostbusters 3" confirmed, to star all-female cast of "funny women"

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Without Remis/Murray/Akyroyd, it's just not going to feel like Ghostbusters that we knew. Completely different style all around.

But then again, we're all now exiting the 15-29 yr old easily swayable demo, so what does it matter.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Why don't they just make it a romantic comedy? One of the girls can fall in love with a ghost, and they can have some sappy dialogue about how unfair it is that she is supposed to capture him when all she wants to do is love him.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
First Star Wars, now Ghostbusters... What's next? Back to the Future? How many more classic 80s films are they going to ruin?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ari Slimeberg, lol

Sounds like the ghost of a Jew banker.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The Ghostbusters reboot died long before Ramis passed away imo.

My only hope is they preserve the original film(s) (I'm not a fan of the finished GB2 at all), by doing a total from scratch reboot - i.e. a film that is only connected to the originals by premise and perhaps a few visual and character references. Then, at least, if it's a load of shit then it won't rub off so much on the originals.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Another series to be ruined by the remake.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
money makin', money money makin', super disco, disco breakin'

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I'm excited to see a new Ghostbusters film. Even if it ends up being a turkey, it can't tarnish the original. After you guys saw Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, did you suddenly hate the original trilogy? Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

New Mad Max and Terminator movies are coming out, and I'd like to see those too.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Looks like a cash-grab to me. Hope it gets canned.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This is doomed from the start.

Existing movies are what they are, taking an existing film, and redoing it in a completely different fashion is often pathetic. Ghostbusters should be left alone, the original cast was magic and at this point its impossible to get them back together. Recasting it would be a mistake...doing some dumbshit stunt like making it a female cast is an even worse idea.

If it is made, this abortion will have Ramis rolling in his grave...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
What's next Photon Fanny Packs for the overweight ones.

joking aside, just sounds like a money and equality thing. aka full of shit. They will likely steal and butcher classic lines from the original as well.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
So, y'all 'murrcans like Melissa McCarthy because she's as fat as most of you are, right?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I wonder if there will be exclusive singles performed by Ray Parker Jr and Bobby Brown.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm excited to see a new Ghostbusters film. Even if it ends up being a turkey, it can't tarnish the original. After you guys saw Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, did you suddenly hate the original trilogy? Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

New Mad Max and Terminator movies are coming out, and I'd like to see those too.

Why do you want to see the world burn?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The Ghostbusters video game from a few years back was the real Ghostbusters 3 as far as I'm concerned.

Not only is Ghostbusters old, but the idea of recasting existing roles is also old. There are literally no new ideas here.

But that's the state of the movie industry today especially with all of them crying about how they're not making enough money and piracy and how the home theater market is forcing them to spend more to draw to the cinema.

And because the system is stuck in a cycle of profits and distribution, there's no way out of it for any of them. Actors want to get paid, effects people want to get paid, crew and director and screen writers want to get paid, studios want to turn a profit every time and everybody complains if one faction isn't getting their fair share and then groups like SAG and other unions come in and then the whole fair market value thing comes into play.

It's a many headed beast and it can't be killed.

So the answer? Sequels and gimmicky remakes guaranteed to turn a profit. And while I'm not opposed to a sequel if it's warranted or, at the very least TRIES to surpass the original or expand on the original concepts, for the most part they just end up like Transformers and G.I. Joe.

However, that doesn't mean an all female ghostbusters is going to be terrible for certain.

Just probably.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I really hope this is just some bullshit to stir up the pot with fans. Its working pretty well if thats the case