Getting back into Slug3, hardcore!

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
kernow said:
enemy chaser?

the one you get before the line of soldiers?

That's what I do as well Kernow, btw thanks for the insight on there being 2 soldiers who walk out of the ice cave didn't know that. My new first mission score is = 797810 and my new overrall score is 1540920

I'm coming for you next Kernow. :)

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I still suck at this game, and I have been playing the shit out of it.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Spike said:
Yeah I havent played for a long time and it really shows.

The best I could come up with after a couple of plays was a score of 903170.

It's only Metal Slug, can't take you too long. I haven't been playing this for over a year and a half and got back into it fairly quickly, and successfully.

Methinks I'll be heading off for another game soon. Finally got to beating the Mission 2 bosses without dying. And I still can't seem to get those 2 hostages that I asked about in the photo. Bah!

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
It's only Metal Slug, can't take you too long. I haven't been playing this for over a year and a half and got back into it fairly quickly, and successfully.

Methinks I'll be heading off for another game soon. Finally got to beating the Mission 2 bosses without dying. And I still can't seem to get those 2 hostages that I asked about in the photo. Bah!

After you fall off the part with the monkey and move forward a bit it should clearly 'click' down to that level that's about how far forward you have to move, then turn around duck and shoot. Dunno, I found it fairly easily.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
lithy said:
After you fall off the part with the monkey and move forward a bit it should clearly 'click' down to that level that's about how far forward you have to move, then turn around duck and shoot. Dunno, I found it fairly easily.

Yeah, there is really no reason you cant get em. I didnt know about it until it got posted and found it no prob.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Neo Bomber Man said:

If you do what I was doing then I completely understand, it took me a bit to figure it out. I would jump off that cliff and go underneath it. You have to be standing outside of it to where it goes offscreen a little. Then duck and shoot. You can't get em if your in there.

Oh and at that same part if you let that fat guy get turned into a zombie and kill him he leaves a nice 1000pt turkey for you. The girl just gives you a 100pt gold gem.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Damn, I made it through the ice cave without dying but flubbed up on the boss, so nothing new to report except what am I supposed to get from this secret. I can get it to 'hit' 3 times but nothing falls down EDIT: figured it out.

ms3-07.jpg

Last edited:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Neo Bomber Man said:
And I still can't seem to get those 2 hostages that I asked about in the photo. Bah!

Thanks for the help. Figures I would discover it properly after I posted. I'll be sure to contribute some numbers once my site updates are finished tonight. Prepare to be defeated!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
PM sent to ya NBM.;)

My scores :D

1st mission 771550. (Still cant figure out how to do 800k)

total: 5975340

edit: typo

Last edited:

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
metallizer said:
I used all the rules Kernow posted.

I got "game over"on the last boss :very_ang:, he was almost dead.

One of the rules he posted was one credit. So either you continued 3 times or your score is typed incorrectly. The last digit is the number of times you continue. Hence all scores should end in zero.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
metallizer said:
My scores :D

1st mission 771550. (Still cant figure out how to do 800k)

What about to find all the secret and not using heavy weapons ? :)

The crabs are dangerous in a close distance combat, but there is one way to trick them and it'll let you knife 'em up to increase your score.

Treina mais Metallizer ! :p

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Have you ever beaten the 9 million mark ?

Gemant says there is a record of 10,8million pts. However, I never got over the 8,6xx,xxx .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Woohoo finally beat Missions 1 and 2 and did the Ice cave and didn't lose a life, but then of course did crappy on Mission 3 and lost 3 quick lives underwater in my excitement, anyway my new personal best is

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
but then of course did crappy on Mission 3 and lost 3 quick lives underwater in my excitement

I bet you were tempted to knife up those sinking morden soldiers didn't you ?!

:smirk:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Atrophyed said:
I bet you were tempted to knife up those sinking morden soldiers didn't you ?!

:smirk:

Nah hehe actually they weren't terrible deaths just something I need to watch, I lost one at each of those 'walls' that have two torpedo tubes, I run out of heavy machine gun and in the time it takes to pull out the pistol I'm behind on shooting torpedoes and get killed :/ Then I lost one at the final tube to go inside. That one usually doesn't happen.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Nah hehe actually they weren't terrible deaths just something I need to watch, I lost one at each of those 'walls' that have two torpedo tubes, I run out of heavy machine gun and in the time it takes to pull out the pistol I'm behind on shooting torpedoes and get killed :/ Then I lost one at the final tube to go inside. That one usually doesn't happen.

There is one position where you won't die as long as you keep firing with the handgun/pistol.

I always try to don't destroy the wall imediatelly. I let the war thanks fall and destroy them all for more bonus points. when they stop falling, I resume firing at the torpedo walls. You just need to destroy one of them to get the wall blown. :)

I do not take the tube ( Ostrich ) route anymore. Beaten the stage with the Slug is cooler. and the by normal route you get more secret points ( such as 50,000pts dolls/birds ) and POWs.

Last edited:
The_Chosen_One said:
One of the rules he posted was one credit. So either you continued 3 times or your score is typed incorrectly. The last digit is the number of times you continue. Hence all scores should end in zero.

sorry about that, I've already fixed it.

I really have to buy a digicam. :(

Atrophyed said:
What about to find all the secret and not using heavy weapons ? :)

The crabs are dangerous in a close distance combat, but there is one way to trick them and it'll let you knife 'em up to increase your score.

Treina mais Metallizer ! :p

I'm not using heavy weapons.

Is it really score wise worthy to kill in close combat?

I'll try it anyway.

Atrophyed said:

I do not take the tube ( Ostrich ) route anymore. Beaten the stage with the Slug is cooler. and the by normal route you get more secret points ( such as 50,000pts dolls/birds ) and POWs.

Whats your best score using the normal route on stage 3? I'm still using the ostrich route, it's cool to arrive at the boss with 50 granades.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
metallizer said:
Whats your best score using the normal route on stage 3? I'm still using the ostrich route, it's cool to arrive at the boss with 50 granades.

Around 2,2 / 2,3 Million ( before the boss ) depending on how much 30,000pts gems I can take on the snow cave. The gems are random, sometimes you can get 6 or 7 , sometimes 1 or 3.