Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
So far on my first try I got

First level total
[sorry for the poor image quality, i took it with my CLIE]
score.jpg

Total Score
1070390, MVS Difficulty, 3 Lives, 3rd Level

I really suck at the 3rd level...it took all my lives.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
lithy said:
Check out kern's sig you should be able to get almost 800k on the first mission alone :)

Yep, so far we have had:

kernow 775000
neobomberman 772070
The Chosen One 751460

for MISSION 1.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
Is Kerns score the LIMIT?
HAHAHA, hell no.

820,310 is my personal best.

You fuckers are going down! KERN IS A DEAD MAN!!!
Of course, he did teach me all the MS3 secrets ;)

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Big Shady said:
HAHAHA, hell no.

820,310 is my personal best.

You fuckers are going down! KERN IS A DEAD MAN!!!
Of course, he did teach me all the MS3 secrets ;)

I'm talking about the first level...are you?

820 in the first level...?

Hmm.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Don't mean to sound like a dick but do you have a photo or something?

edit: I am actually keeping track of things so the more proof the better. That's all.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hmmm I thought it might have been impossible to get over 800k on the first level without having it on a higher difficulty (higher difficulty = more shots for enemies = higher score)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just got this for Mission 1

I think 800k is unattainable.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
I'm talking about the first level...are you?

820 in the first level...?

Hmm.
Yes first level.

Okay trick is, NO POWER UPS and get all 22 POWs. You have pistol/knife it the entire way except when you get the Slug. You get to the boss you should 100,000+ if you are on track to break 800k. Hope that helps.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
Don't mean to sound like a dick but do you have a photo or something?

edit: I am actually keeping track of things so the more proof the better. That's all.
Sorry man, no pic :oh_no:

I know that, really hurts my credability :(

800K can be broken, I have done it, no lie. Time to steal digi-cam and prove to you guys it can be done.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I dunno ... I just used the pistol and knife, no power ups, every secret in the level, and I only got somewhere around 780,000.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
New scores 1st mission 755070, overall 1262250. Died at the second mission boss. Damn you ice cave!!!!!! Takes all my lives

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Man if I wasnt so lazy I'd log off and go play.:oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well just started to try to take the ice cave for score, and man that parts intense. And hard as crap. I remember why I don't normally go in there when I just want to get as far as possible :)

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Big Shady said:
Sorry man, no pic :oh_no:

I know that, really hurts my credability :(

800K can be broken, I have done it, no lie. Time to steal digi-cam and prove to you guys it can be done.

I know, does the same to me when I play on MVS cabinets.

Still, I believe you. I was thinking the same thing about nothing but the pistol and knife from all that MS2 I used to play.

Tomorrow perhaps you'll see what we have been up to.

As for me, I got cheated today. Stupid 2nd mission boss. Firing 12 consecutive shots at me. There should be a break after 6 I maintain. Broke my own record later on but still..

By the way, for anyone else wanting scoring tips on the 1st mission, shoot the crabs twice THEN knife them, for 700pts each. Gets a bit tricky doing it to the ones hiding in the rocket yet creativity will net you your bragging rights.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
lithy said:
Well just started to try to take the ice cave for score, and man that parts intense. And hard as crap. I remember why I don't normally go in there when I just want to get as far as possible :)

Yeah but if you want score you have to go there. Hell if you can survive theres tons of hostages in there

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
lithy said:

The ice cave is more or less a cinch I think. It's those damn martian things at the end. 12 shots my ass :annoyed:

While it's on my mind:

Get the heavy machine gun before you enter the cave, from the helicopter.

About the hostages on the upper level, shoot up once and hit left to shoot diagonally, conserving ammo while releasing the other hostages.

Knife as many of the early abominable snowmen (abominable!) as possible. When you get stuff like the rocket launcher, it's 2 shots/yeti. Jump straignt up and aim precisely to avoid wasting ammo on the higher-level ones.

Ditto for the drop shot.

I think it's when you get Rumi, either that or the hostage in the mini jail when there is a snowman atop the refrigerator, try drop shotting as much as possible, break the ice, jump and knife/shoot the snowman and get the heavy machine gun as late as possible, again to conserve ammo.

When you get to the 7 or 8 or 9 at a time, use a few grenades if you have to. One thing I find very useful is playing it like a fighting game: be very aggressive. Walk up to the snowmen and shoot/knife/grenade then jump away, and whenever you are iced, remember to point up/right when hitting all buttons like mad to break free. You can pick off the top-level ones in the process sometimes.

After you get the elephant, learn to take advantage of the invincible jump off it, like any slug, and again don't be afraid to run up close. Try to get the diagonal shooting angle down and take out all the top-level zombies first. The ground-level ones are no bother really. Shooting the top-level ones later on from directly underneath is a good idea sometimes. Just watch for the odd falling one. The 30k gems don't appear until close to the end so worry not about having to dismount time after time. The 100 point bonuses aren't necessarily worth getting killed/zombified over.

I seem to escape the cave with all hostages and much richer in points 95% of the time using such tactics.

Last edited:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
One final thing:

what the hell am I supposed to get here?

ms3-08.jpg

I never get the indication I'm hitting a secret.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Those fucking martian bastards at the end of level 2 always fuck me over...way more so than the cave. Those semi-homing shots---I'm just horrible at dodging that type of projectile in any shooter---its my total weakness.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
One final thing:

ms3-08.jpg

I haven't got it but the last time I tried which was the first I think I got the mark that I was hitting something but I moved right a bit first (I was a zombie and couldn't duck)

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
I dunno ... I just used the pistol and knife, no power ups, every secret in the level, and I only got somewhere around 780,000.
No 'nades?

All 22 POWs?

All secrets?

You have to sequezze the fucking life out this level to break 800k :smirk:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Neo Bomber Man said:
One final thing:

ms3-08.jpg

You've got to duck and shoot, and you end up getting a hostage.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'll give it a try tonight and post my score. Nice thread, btw.

About the Icecave, do you guys use the Elephant on the way out? I think the Chili/Blast powerup gives you enough points to even out the drawback of not being able to knife enemies while on the Elephant, but I can't verify that right now.

I also agree about the "Alien Family" boss of the 2nd level, they're quite difficult to kill with just the pistol, that's why I make sure to keep all my grenades and get zombified before the aliens appear, that way I can use the zombie vomit to swiftly get rid of them.