Ganryu !ARCADE!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
At least no games were harmed for them.
Except for the MVS games that were converted??? And wasn't "!ARCADE!" a known scamer also?
Ah, who cares, it only kills our hobby.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Where exactly did !Arcade! get those cartridge shells and snaplock cases back around 2000 anyway?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Where exactly did !Arcade! get those cartridge shells and snaplock cases back around 2000 anyway?

Surely a secret garage somewhere in Canada. :D

Jokes aside, maybe from NGF, maybe from the Neostore, maybe from some supplier in Japan.

Maybe shawn knows?

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
For the cartridge shells yeah (the cart texturing in the ebay auction pics indicates as such), but where did the snaplocks come from?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sacced from cheap (at the time) Sengoku 2001 homecarts. Of course all that poaching just made its price skyrocket since then.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
for the MVS exclusives, just buy the real deal, i.e. MVS cart and play via a converter or just get an MVS set-up/CMVS. Lots of good CMVS about.

IMO, no point in paying out for conversions on AES :shame:

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
for the MVS exclusives, just buy the real deal, i.e. MVS cart and play via a converter or just get an MVS set-up/CMVS. Lots of good CMVS about.

IMO, no point in paying out for conversions on AES :shame:

Yes thats what I am planning to do, it just bugs me a bit...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Are you saying it bothers you to buy the legit version? You AES guys are a little OCD man.
Might have jumped in at the wrong point, but, he might be saying...

It's annoying when you are perfectly happy collecting home carts, that a good few of the decent titles are exclusive to MVS only. Thus, meaning you really need to have 2x set-ups to get the most out of the Neo IF... your personal preference is Home Cart gaming.

(Yes. I know. I said Home Cart 'gaming' :keke: . But fuck it, I love and play ALL my home carts)

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Not sure if you guys remember but when SNK was still in business you could buy spare snaplock cases from them. I believe a few members here bought a bunch when they were going under and putting everything on clearance.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
Are you saying it bothers you to buy the legit version? You AES guys are a little OCD man.

Yes, there should have been a AES release. A mvs carton box wont bring me the same joy on the shelf as a AES would, thats just how I feel. lol.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
Might have jumped in at the wrong point, but, he might be saying...

It's annoying when you are perfectly happy collecting home carts, that a good few of the decent titles are exclusive to MVS only. Thus, meaning you really need to have 2x set-ups to get the most out of the Neo IF... your personal preference is Home Cart gaming.

(Yes. I know. I said Home Cart 'gaming' :keke: . But fuck it, I love and play ALL my home carts)

Exactly!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
A mvs carton box wont bring me the same joy on the shelf as a AES would, thats just how I feel. lol.
beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Hey, AES carts on the shelf look nice and all, but the best part is putting your triple digit game in your triple digit console and PLAYING it. It's a rush.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Hey, AES carts on the shelf look nice and all, but the best part is putting your triple digit game in your triple digit console and PLAYING it. It's a rush.

Triple digit? Rookie.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object

You dont feel happy when you look at your collection? Aes boxes are nice with great artwork, almost like classis VHS tapes. MVS carton boxes on the other hand is just carton boxes:(
If I didnt care about how the collection look I could just download the roms.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Triple digit? Rookie.

Yeah the real big tymers start at five digits. I always love to put my Kizuna in once a week to play and see again how shitty that game actually is.