Ganryu !ARCADE!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Why not just the MVS kit? Its not official, just a well done conversion I think.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
How is !ARCADE!'s version of Ganryu any different from any other Ganryu conversion???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-AES...2529?pt=DE_PC_Videospiele&hash=item3f3866fa71

The only difference I seen so far is the price. Its my favorite Neo Geo game, so if the !ARCADE! version was an offical release or something like that then I would some day wanna get my hold on this cart.

As noted above, it's just another conversion, no different than the rest. It is definitely not an official release of the game.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Killed an MVS cart that is super hard to find too, I gave up looking for one.

Amazingly, I scored one from a store about 2 years ago for $15. How crazy is that? Store sold me something that they had already sold to someone else, then offered me a game in replacement from a selection.....and Ganryu was in there. An hard to beat deal.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
I paid about £25 for my MVS cart. Didn't like the game tbh. Not sure why it's so expensive these days?

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I had loose one, sold it, not really that fun. Playing it on a multicart was good enough if I ever decided to play it again.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
That conversion never is worth 1000 Euro.
Yes it was made to look almost as good as Aerofighters 3 and looks pretty but still just a hq conversion with some gold glitter and a nice manual.

I got !ARCADE! versions of Super Dodgeball and Strikers 1945 and they do look very prof. but still not 1000 Euro nice.

I'd pay 500 max.

By the way didn't !Arcade! use custom boards for his releases? At least for Strikers I'm sure they did, the others I dunno.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yes it was made to look almost as good as Aerofighters 3 and looks pretty but still just a hq conversion with some gold glitter and a nice manual.

I got !ARCADE! versions of Super Dodgeball and Strikers 1945 and they do look very prof. but still not 1000 Euro nice.

I'd pay 500 max.
Paying for conversions? Being a proud owner? WHUT!?!

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
Why not just the MVS kit? Its not official, just a well done conversion I think.
Yeah probably gonna have to get the MVS kit for Ganryu:( so bad that SNK never brought it to the AES, same goes for Nightmares in the dark, zupapa, captain tom.. etc.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
500 Euros for a conversion? No wonder the bootleggers keep churning them out.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
Ganryu is your favorite neo geo game? Different strokes I guess

I know many people dislike it, but when I first played it and got to the first boss I just fell in love right on the spot. The feeling Ganryu gave me was exactly how I remember Arcades from when I was young. Could been bigger variation on the enemies, but the awesome bosses more than makes up for it.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Paying for conversions? Being a proud owner? WHUT!?!

Actually those !Arcade! conversions are the only ones that are interesting to me for several reasons.

1. Never released in another format than MVS
2. Custom boards afaik so no donors neccessary
3. Very prof. made - look much better than some of those "official" NGF releases.

Bar81

20 Year Member
4. Still conversions.

Sorry to have to reality check you, but if you're paying $500+ for conversions you're getting ripped hard.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
4. Still conversions.

Sorry to have to reality check you, but if you're paying $500+ for conversions you're getting ripped hard.

500 Euro. :-J

As they will stay with me until the grave and will get a lot of play it's okay for me.

Bar81

20 Year Member
500 Euro. :-J

As they will stay with me until the grave and will get a lot of play it's okay for me.

As long as you're happy I guess. But you do realize that all the other conversions these days come with nice manuals and are all "professional" looking for a lot less money.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
As long as you're happy I guess. But you do realize that all the other conversions these days come with nice manuals and are all "professional" looking for a lot less money.

Yeah sure but those custom boards give those !Arcade! versions a bit of a more bearable vibe. At least no games were harmed for them.