Games You'll Never Get To Play Again

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So in elementary we had some early computers. No mouse but you could use the turtle (remember that thing). Any way there was a game that taught math. It was different levels of platforms that had numbers and addition and subtraction symbols. The point of the game was to pick a cool little robot and walk over the correct numbers and symbols to fall through the floor as you completed the correct equation. If you reached the bottom level you would beat the level and move on to a harder one. Now it wasn't the best game ever but I've looked for it over the years online and just couldn't find it to save my life. I'm pretty sure that it was designed by someone who worked at my school therefore I'm pretty sure no one else has ever heard of it. I'd love to play it for the good old 80's nostalgia but alas I'll never get to play it again. Any old games that you've played that have been lost to time and circumstance?

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Sounds like Math Blaster or Robot Odyssey.

The turtle thing sounds like Logo.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rhythm Of Fighters! At a KOF and rhythm game fan, I enjoyed it a lot. Then the server was yanked offline and that was that.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rhythm Of Fighters! At a KOF and rhythm game fan, I enjoyed it a lot. Then the server was yanked offline and that was that.
I'm unable to edit my post. I meant to type "As a KOF and rhythm game fan", not "At a KOF and rhythm game fan".

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Jurassic Park the lost world arcade (sega model 3)

Working examples of this cabinet seem to be extremely rare. I havent seen one since i was about 7 years old :(

I would love to play it again on original hardware one day

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
@Dozer: Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same developer or publisher for some games mentioned above, or for Number Munchers. Perhaps you could look up their dev/publication history and see what other games those companies produced.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
There was a Sega Time Traveler holographic game at the Aladdin’s Castle arcade when I was a kid. I thought those holograms were the coolest-the future of technology.

I’ve never seen a cabinet anywhere since. Apparently they’re fragile and break easily.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Sounds like Math Blaster .

Agreed. I remember this game and have wanted to play it again for years. We had Apple IIe's in 5th grade and we'd play Oregon Trail all the time, but Math Blaster was awesome. I'ma google that shit.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
My nostalgia yearns for Treasure Math Storm or similarly programmed games. These are the things I'd like to see worked on for something of a SNES Homebrew if ever possible. :-J

There is also a way old Apple II game, probably contender for first game I ever beat, but my memory is foggy to describe it.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I remember the brand new gateway PCs our class got in 5th grade. Encarta mindmaze was the best thing on them.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I remember playing a vertical shoot'em up in my early arcade years, of course while on vacation, since arcades in Germany were doomed only to age 18 or older. I wasn't good at shmups, didn't like them either for their difficulty, but that was the only game that cost only half the coins, what others demanded and gave you three lives to start with, instead of two. The cost/benefit ratio convinced me and it was great! The colors, the action and my playtime were unmatched... It was the first time I lliked playing an STG. Unfortunately, I only have blurred images from that experience, but that's how a first time should be remembered anyhow ;).

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
@Dozer: Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same developer or publisher for some games mentioned above, or for Number Munchers. Perhaps you could look up their dev/publication history and see what other games those companies produced.
MECC: Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium. They created The Oregon Trail, Number Munchers, etc. Used to play the hell out of them on the Apple II in school.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MECC

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
There was an old Medieval-themed EM pinball machine (not Medieval Madness) they had at the place my family was staying for a couple months while they finished building our house. Never could figure what game it was as an adult.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
All the hundreds of Saturn, Dreamcast, Genesis, Lynx, 3do, gameboy, ds, 3ds, gamegear, virtual boy, ps1, ps2, PS4, vita and Neo Geo games I sold and will never buy back again.

And that’s totally fine by me!

Still got some Neo Geo, nes, snes, n64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, switch, gba, 360, xbone, psp and ps3 stuff. Ah makes me want to puke.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
God Hand. Sold my PS2, and for some mysterious reason, it's not come to PSN. If I had it to do over, I might have kept my PS2 just for that game.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I remember playing a game where you had to get a mine cart from one end of a cave to the other. This was done by using a combination of levers, pulleys, and gears. It was on Apple II computer. I just wish I knew what it was called.

Jon

PS: I guess I should mention the Konami downloadable Wii Ware games like Castlevania Rebirth and Contra. If you didn't download them, you're SOL. I think I still have Castlevania saved...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
There are some online-only games that are still up but, for all intents and purposes, completely ruined by hackers and other cheaters.

I used to play Gunz: the Duel a lot with my friends in middle school. Game was still up last time I checked, but everybody now has wall hacks, automatic rocket launchers, and invincibility so it's pretty pointless.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Pretty sure FF14 version 1.0 is lost forever.

No big loss though.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Scott Pilgrim. Really fun game and I doubt it'll ever be released again.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
The Afterburner R360 cabinet that rotates 360 degrees. I would love to try that someday, if I can ever find a working one.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Scott Pilgrim. Really fun game and I doubt it'll ever be released again.
Aw this is an awesome one yeah. That game was rad as hell and followed O'Malley's comics way better than the movie. And the pixel art was so buttery.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
A bunch of super famicom games I owned, a lovely little stash of obscure and not so obscure games.
Prices have since shot up to insane levels and game carts be like gold bullion yo

Edit: could go the emulation or other such routes I guess. But the experience was the whole package.

Last edited: