Games announced that would make you get excited

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
SF2 Anthology - Same as the anniversary but include HD Remix w/ the new Ultra SF2. Each game available in their original release w/ online...Then have a game which you can choose which version character you want.

X-men vs Street Fighter / Marvel vs Street Fighter release w/ online

Cvs3

I could use another Tactics game like Final Fantasy/Jean D'arc/Gladius

Wrestlefest remake w/ bigger WWF cast

Fist of the North Star non Musou game

Another Saturn Bomberman but more stages & weapons

Open world Samurai game or new Bushido Blade fighting game
Some great ideas there. I would grab that SF2 Anthology right away! A new FF Tactics game would be pretty awesome too. It would be really cool if CvS3 were ever to come out, if it was a joint effort with both SNK and Capcom creating it (Not that there will ever be another CvS game)

A new Bushido Blade game (one that plays similar to the first one, not the second)
A new Power Stone game with online, shit even a port of the original with online would be kickass
New Virtua Fighter
New Panzer Dragoon game
Dark Souls IV
Demon's Souls II (that would probably get me to buy a PS4)
A good 2-D Castlevania game on consoles and PC, with HD graphics not any of the retro pixel art crap
Some sort of sequel/prequel/or spin-off of Killer 7

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
An actual new Phantasy Star game (no online bullshit) but would settle for a Skies of Arcadia sequel
An actual new Shining Force game (SRPG not action RPG)
A new 2D fighting game from Capcom (no rehashes or re-releases)
Anything 2D from SNK that isn't a port or a mobile game
A Final Fantasy game not made for weebs/buckle and zipper fetishists
A Chrono game made by the people who made Chrono Trigger
Anything from Treasure
Anything from Valve with a narrative (no mini-game collections)
2D Metroid
2D Zelda
A shooter from Psikyo (obviously impossible but I miss that style)

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I think I'd be excited for nearly anything 2D that wasn't lazy, retro bullshit, e.g. Double Dragon IV. I'd even take more faux 2D, like the newer Guilty Gears, as long as the gameplay and general look are there. I don't have to have sprites.

geise

Mickey's Coach
A new 2D Streets of Rage by Ancient. New Actraiser with town building again. Also, a new Silent Hill game by actual Team Silent. I can dream.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I like your dreams. The other night I dreamed that all my teeth got knocked out. A new ActRaiser would be a lot more pleasant.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Whats up HDRchampion. I absolutely love Hokuto no Ken, but there is certainly no shortage of HnK games. 2-3 games already exist for every genre I can think of across 30 years of videogame systems (with games reflecting both the anime and manga presentations). Standout Hokuto no Ken titles already include beat em ups on ps1, ps2 and ps3; fighting games on snes and ps2; rpgs on nes and snes; interactive storyboard/manga games on sega saturn and nintendo ds; and a slew of playable crossover cameos up to the ps4.

Is there a dream game that you had in mind or have you not been a fan of the existing games/see them as mediocre?

geise

Mickey's Coach
Before I did my earlier post I was thinking of another Last Battle/Fist style game.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Wrestlefest remake w/ bigger WWF cast

Were you excited for that Wrestlefest remake that got cancelled before going to consoles and is FOTNS for Atomiswave with good online worth getting excited for or is it too crazy broken?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Whats up HDRchampion. I absolutely love Hokuto no Ken, but there is certainly no shortage of HnK games. 2-3 games already exist for every genre I can think of across 30 years of videogame systems (with games reflecting both the anime and manga presentations). Standout Hokuto no Ken titles already include beat em ups on ps1, ps2 and ps3; fighting games on snes and ps2; rpgs on nes and snes; interactive storyboard/manga games on sega saturn and nintendo ds; and a slew of playable crossover cameos up to the ps4.

Is there a dream game that you had in mind or have you not been a fan of the existing games/see them as mediocre?

It was just way too tedious & boring...Didn't have fun playing it. I didn't bother with part 2. A dream game would probably be like a Oriental Legends/Knights of Valour/Gladiator Road of Sword type beatem up w/ a nice combo team system. Imagine Ken going ham on some dude & kicks him in the air & Rei jumps up & does air combo slices the shit out of him to finish him off.

Were you excited for that Wrestlefest remake that got cancelled before going to consoles and is FOTNS for Atomiswave with good online worth getting excited for or is it too crazy broken?

Yeah, i remember seeing that Wrestlefest but i think it became some kind of tablet game then got cancelled. I was hoping it would get a pc/console release.

As for FOTNS, the game was pretty awesome but i sucked at it. No one in my area really didn't want to play it even though i had the arcade cab for it. Game did seem broken watching the pros play it. Online wont get me too excited but if they added some more characters like Shu or Fudho i would w/ of course fix broken shit.

Last edited:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I would like to see a VR based Fatal Frame game be made.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I've love to see new games in these franchises:
Jet Grind Radio/Jet Set Radio Future
Chu Chu Rocket
Mr. Driller
Pocky and Rocky
Eternal Darkness

And yes...
a proper new 2D Metroid

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
I would like to see a new Parodius game with all freshness and fun as previous ones.
Also will be cool to see a new graphic adventure as ones Lucas did two decades ago.

Of course, I love 2D style.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Yeah, i remember seeing that Wrestlefest but i think it became some kind of tablet game then got cancelled. I was hoping it would get a pc/console release.

I think I still have the console trailer for it on my 360. It's a shame it never came out. I'm still holding some hope someone will hack it and release it for PC.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A proper Scud Race port and while you're at it Daytona 2, too. Special editions with custom wheels from SEGA.

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
An actual new Phantasy Star game (no online bullshit) but would settle for a Skies of Arcadia sequel

A new, real Phantasy Star would get my jaded ass excited for sure. I would settle for a remake of the original with Valkyria Chronicles graphics, but the same music. Don't touch the music.

geise

Mickey's Coach
I also would like to see Treasure do a new IP with the same flairand originality of their older titles. I believe all they do now is ports of older titles and 3rd party stuff. Looking at their page there isn't much going on.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Isn't the Dreamcast version a sort of port of 1&2? Honestly can we skip to 3?

I gather you never played either of them, right? Anyway, show me your times and then we'll decide if we can skip to 3.

What I mean is: these games are masterpieces. Period. You don't "just" skip them like that. Like you'll skip an idiotic western Forza. You always come back to receive this perfection that radiates from their glow. And I hope it's "just" stupidity that radiates from your post, for that can always be forgiven -- while bad performance can't. Ever.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
o_O... okaaaaay. Actually I have the 1st one on 360 if that means anything. personlly I prefer arcade racers, but I'm not understanding your anger. I thought the DC version was a hybrid of both. If it didn't do it justice like the Satrun really didn't for the 1st one then just say so. Don't get offended. Explain to enlighten me as to why.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
A proper Scud Race port and while you're at it Daytona 2, too. Special editions with custom wheels from SEGA.

I gave up on Super GT a long time ago. If they didn't do it with the Dreamcast, then they weren't going to do it at all. They'd have to neuter the fuck out of the cars in order to release it now.

The emulation for it is getting better, tho. I wouldn't mind buying a PC wheel for it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

This.

The Scud tracks on Xbox OR2, was proof of concept.

Its long overdue for a home port.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...I'm not understanding your anger.

Cause there's none to begin with. I just react repulsive, if certain aspects of the throw-away society are applied on video game masterpieces. Manner like yours are responsible for all the Godfather IIIs in our world. You can be proud, indeed.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
:rolleyes: Riiiight.

well-good-luck-spongebob-120649787861.jpeg