Games announced that would make you get excited

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
AAA titles with hand drawn sprites, I just wish there would be conserted output in this regard. Follow-ups to SNES era Capcom Mickey Mouse games etc.
I really like cel shaded games but would really love artists to be involved once more in graphics. So, 2D traditional high budget games without any punches being pulled. Kill the indie thing

Totally agree. I know their artstyle is divisive, but this is one of the reasons I love Vanillaware's games so much.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

rememberkids.jpg

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Everything Sylvie said plus:

Asura's Wrath 2
Battle Arena Toshinden 5
Bayonetta 3
Capcom vs SNK 3
Dead or Alive 6
Devil May Cry 5
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy HD whatever-edition
Garou 2
God Hand 2
Metroid (set after the events of Metroid Fusion)
Ninja Gaiden 4
Ninja Warriors Again HD whatever-edition
Garou 2
Strider 4
Anything made by Vanillaware

Your dream..........

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
There's plenty of stuff I'd be excited about if they were announced:

New Metroid game
New Darkstalkers game
New F-Zero game
New Metroid game
Virtua Fighter 6
A new port of Street Fighter Alpha 3/Anthology
Metal Gear Rising 2

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
A new port of Street Fighter Alpha 3/Anthology

I'm guessing you mean a console port with great netcode right? You might wanna get a little specfic because the PS4 is getting notorious for re-releasing PS2 ports for $20 and the Switch is releasing Neo Geo titles with no online so I'd bet making a lazy port of the Alpha games would be no problem for Capcom if they see SNK making money on these ports.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
A new Jet Set Radio game would be great.

It was a great series, but I didn't like what they did with the graffiti spray techniques on JSRF. It'll look good on newer consoles ala Borderlands style graphics.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Oh, a port of that Border Break arcade game by Sega - mostly because I'm curious.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I know we're just listing dream sequels here, but there sure is a lot of 2d metroid love in this thread. I'm aware that a full "big budget" metroid title is a risk for nintendo, but how has there been no new portable 2d metroid? Even if they recycled graphic assets to keep costs down, it just seems like it would be easy money. *Looks at Double Dragon IV*

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Did Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission really sell well? That might be a reason. Either that or nobody really has a good original idea and Miyamoto is vetoing anything people are proposing. I hear that a lot when people do a lot of back stories on game series. Last one that showed that was Mario and Sonic on Did You Know Gaming.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I loved Fusion and Zero Mission, but I really don't want another without a massive change. Those two and Super Metroid are all very similar, and I wouldn't want it to end up like the Castlevania portable games where they release so many similar games that people stop caring.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I loved Fusion and Zero Mission, but I really don't want another without a massive change. Those two and Super Metroid are all very similar, and I wouldn't want it to end up like the Castlevania portable games where they release so many similar games that people stop caring.

True. I got burnt out real fast on the GBA Castlevanias and even the DS ones. The only ones I'd go back and play are 1, 3, Rondo, and SotN.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
My picks would be:

Resident Evil 6: Director's Cut
-eliminate QTEs
-add new campaign for Claire and Jill, or if they want to keep the male/female dymanic go Claire-Barry and Jill-Steve (yes, bring hiim back). That way, you can have some character crossover and interaction between Claire and Steve.
-add cutscenes to provide greater and much needed context for the existing campaign
-alter pacing so that there are less interruptions every five seconds
-Add more characters and stages to Mercenaries mode

Capcom vs. SNK 3

Garou 2

Devil May Cry 5

God Hand 2

Yakuza X Shenmue
-Ryo Hazuki interacting with, working with and fighting against the Yakuza cast

Ninja Gaiden IV

Dragon's Crown 2

Dark Souls IV

Mega Man Collection COMPLETE (ALL the games from the mainline series and X, even the bad ones, for completeness sake)

Devil May Cry X Bayonetta
-Published by Capcom
-Developed by Platinum
-Directed by Hideki Kamiya

Lotta Capcom in there...guess I really want them to become a good company again.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yakuza X Shenmue
-Ryo Hazuki interacting with, working with and fighting against the Yakuza cast.

I love that idea. Hopefully, something will be in the works, depending on how well Shenmue 3 comes across. Meanwhile, I think Yakuza 0 (zero) is supposed to be localized here pretty soon.

Jon

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I love that idea. Hopefully, something will be in the works, depending on how well Shenmue 3 comes across. Meanwhile, I think Yakuza 0 (zero) is supposed to be localized here pretty soon.

Jon

Yakuza 0 came out in the US this past Tuesday.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yakuza 0 came out in the US this past Tuesday.

Yeah, stupid me. I found out like ten minutes after I posted that...

Not having a PS4 means I'm really out of the loop.

Jon

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
As mentioned before in the thread it would get me going to see some more 16 bit style F-Zero and Super Metroid, I always felt like these were just too short. Same with Zelda link to the past.
Blazing Lazers 2 would be pretty sweet too.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
SF2 Anthology - Same as the anniversary but include HD Remix w/ the new Ultra SF2. Each game available in their original release w/ online...Then have a game which you can choose which version character you want.

X-men vs Street Fighter / Marvel vs Street Fighter release w/ online

Cvs3

I could use another Tactics game like Final Fantasy/Jean D'arc/Gladius

Wrestlefest remake w/ bigger WWF cast

Fist of the North Star non Musou game

Another Saturn Bomberman but more stages & weapons

Open world Samurai game or new Bushido Blade fighting game

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Pretty excited about the new Zelda BotW and Mario Odyssey. Other than those I would love to see:

Quality (not mobile) Treasure or Cave shmup
Outrun 3
New F-Zero game
Proper 2D Castlevania and Metroid
Devil May Cry "a la Platinum"

I think SNK should leave Last Blade and Garou untouched.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I think SNK should leave Last Blade and Garou untouched.

yes!. there's more chance of sequels for these games going down hill than up. i would rather have no sequel than a shitty one.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
REmake 2
Virtua Fighter 6 (For the love of fuck make it happen Sega. I'd even settle for a PC port of 5...)

And after the shite luck I've had trying to get it running today, DDPII Beestorm on Steam.

thats already been announced

as for me

Capcom vs ASW and Capcom vs SNK 3
Viewtiful Joe 3 (never visited the final studio or whatever)
Megaman Legends 3 (punk ass Capcom... :annoyed:)
Maximo 3 (We never saved his GF)
Devil May Cry 5 and Metal Gear Rising 2
Onimusha 5 (the next one was supposed to star Jubei)

obviously Capcom is my favorite company and they left a whole bunch of games on cliffhangers

probably a whole bunch of other games but these are definitely the main ones i want

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Devil May Cry X Bayonetta
-Published by Capcom
-Developed by Platinum
-Directed by Hideki Kamiya

Lotta Capcom in there...guess I really want them to become a good company again.

...holy shit I could REALLY get behind this