Game you owned the most copies of

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Does the OP mean multiple copies of the exact same game (eg, Fatal Fury on AES), or different versions of a game on different systems?
Every day, every hour, every minute, every second this thread exists in General Discussion, I pray for the mercy of OP'S soul that he only meant SNK games across whatever systems.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
Every day, every hour, every minute, every second this thread exists in General Discussion, I pray for the mercy of OP'S soul that he only meant SNK games across whatever systems.

lol

@joeXI I meant... Just like the example I gave. Same game, across different platforms.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I have duplicates of games between NGCD and AES as well. Gotta love that CD soundtrack, gotta hate those asstastic load times.

I just realised I have Last Blade 2 on NGCD, PS4 and Dreamcast. Yet not on AES. What a goob.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
lol

@joeXI I meant... Just like the example I gave. Same game, across different platforms.
Well, you could have made it a bit clearer.
You have two different AES copies.
It would be unusual to own multiple Neo Geo copies of FF (as it's essentially the same game- the same ROM). But not if you own the game on multiple systems, as ports of the game have differences to the original.

Last edited:

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Heh, I probably have loads of examples.
R-type on Arcade, SMS, PC Engine gameboy and color.
Gradius is also one: PC Engine, nes, Famicom
Darius will also be up there....

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
And then to reply to JoeX his question I have four copies of Hellfire on the mega drive.
Already sold one when I found out

NGLad

n00b
It's "DOOM" for me. All types of media, every system. I just couldn't get enough!
I was even playing the original in Doom Eternal. (honestly better than that shitty game).

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
It's "DOOM" for me. All types of media, every system. I just couldn't get enough!
I was even playing the original in Doom Eternal. (honestly better than that shitty game).
Have you played the SNES Doom all the way through?
Also, have you made it through Final Doom? (which has some really tough levels, even on the lowest difficulty setting)

NGLad

n00b
Have you played the SNES Doom all the way through?
Also, have you made it through Final Doom? (which has some really tough levels, even on the lowest difficulty setting)
I honestly never had the patience to go through SNES Doom. I played it at friends houses, but since I owned the PC version, it felt so pointless to me to sit through that slide show. I still think it's amazing they managed to get it on the SNES though!
I love playing Doom on "UV" and 100% Final Doom is insanely hard. Still haven't tried the 'Sigil" wad though. Would you recommend?

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Does the OP mean multiple copies of the exact same game (eg, Fatal Fury on AES), or different versions of a game on different systems?
Yeah, very different answers for me, depending.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Probably Final Fight if we're talking about one game across multiple platforms, although I only have it for Mega CD and PS4 now.

As for multiple copies of the same game, historically, Metal Slug 2 or Metal Slug. Now, it's probably Street Fighter II - PCE, Saturn, PS4.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I unintentionally own way too many copies of Tetris for GB, having bought lots of systems to mod over the years...the Tetris' just stacked up.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
maybe i'm the weird one, but I don't have a lot of duplicates even if you consider ports.
I think puzzle games would be the most likely source. I played a lot of Magical Drop across multiple systems.
and I own Ultima VI on almost every platform.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Sonic
- 5 variation of 6-Pak
- Sonic Classics
- Sonic Mega Collection Plus (PS2)
- Sega Genesis Collectoin (PS2)
- 5 varitions on Genesis
- MD JP version
- Mega Games 6 vol 3 (MD EU)
- Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)
- Sega 3D Classics Collection (3DS)

That's 17 versions of just the first game. Not counting the Game Gear or other ones that are different games. Nor all teh ROMS in my computer

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
You decide joe and answer accordingly. Okay?

For me, Garou on the MVS JP + Euro, homecart and also on the DC.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Street Fighter II and its different iterations. Usually SF : Turbo.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Mega Man in general. Between physical and digital medias, I have the same games at least 30 times over lol. I have a problem.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
had at some point 3 Metal Slug 3. but as in JP 1st print, 2nd print and US so I am not sure whether that counts....

Attachments

• 1842.JPG
    1842.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 5

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
GTA San Andreas: 3 ps2 copies ( 2 were stolen), 1 xbox copy scratched, 1 xboxlive 360 version, 2 bootleg Iran version

best game ever