Fuck Yeah Vita!

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
the sad thing is, I wasn't even consciously trying to "collect" for it. I've just always viewed it as a system that will go down in history similar to the TG16 - not being appreciated until years later and the games I am even halfway wanting will cost and arm and a leg. So, I just started buying games thinking "I will want this later"...then BAM! Shelf full of stuff. I just realized I have a handful of games on load to my sister at the moment too.

I had Ar Nosurge, but since I finished it I couldn't resist the temptation to sell it for almost $200. Crazy! [This only reinforced my decision to buy games I might want]

I also think the Vita and it's games will become super rare 4-5 years from now. Low print numbers, especially with the later games and a small user base worldwide = Rare and expensive later on.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
the sad thing is, I wasn't even consciously trying to "collect" for it. I've just always viewed it as a system that will go down in history similar to the TG16 - not being appreciated until years later and the games I am even halfway wanting will cost and arm and a leg. So, I just started buying games thinking "I will want this later"...then BAM! Shelf full of stuff. I just realized I have a handful of games on load to my sister at the moment too.

I had Ar Nosurge, but since I finished it I couldn't resist the temptation to sell it for almost $200. Crazy! [This only reinforced my decision to buy games I might want]

The main reason I bought a Vita was for YS. Still don't regret it.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

My Vita backlog will keep me busy for years to come. :) I haven't even opened my copy of Ar Nosurge yet. I had no idea it was going for that much. Wow.

I mainly only collect for handhelds these days besides the occasional MVS game. When I first got my Vita there were a ton of cool looking cheap games at local stores, so of course I had to buy them. It just snowballed from there.

I haven't seen Vita stuff at a retailer besides GameStop in forever. I think it's a safe assumption these newer games will have small print runs, DayTimeDreamer. I'm afraid if I don't buy them now I won't want to pay the going price later (like Breach & Clear).

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Oh man, I remember specifically passing on Breach and Clear because it's a terrible game. Do not regret it. Hahah

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I also think the Vita and it's games will become super rare 4-5 years from now. Low print numbers, especially with the later games and a small user base worldwide = Rare and expensive later on.

I get buying games that you want to play that will likely become hard to find, but does anyone else think speculation's getting out of hand with the Vita? Is there any game that has come out in the last year that anyone thinks won't be rare and expensive? Aren't they all low print runs at this point?

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I get buying games that you want to play that will likely become hard to find, but does anyone else think speculation's getting out of hand with the Vita? Is there any game that has come out in the last year that anyone thinks won't be rare and expensive? Aren't they all low print runs at this point?

Yeah late-released Vita games will probably hold their value decently, but I don't think that many will become too rare/expensive years down the road. Most games being released here also have a PAL, AUS, and sometimes an Asian English release as well, so finding a particular title you want in English shouldn't be too difficult in the future.

Games that are exclusive to a region might be a different story though like the aforementioned Ar Nosurge. A handful of the LRG's will continue to appreciate while the majority of them will hover around their original price imo.

Japanese exclusives will be the priciest and hardest to find later on imo. The now defunct Quinrose games like Romeo vs Juliet and Heart no Kuni are already around the $200 mark, which is crazy.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Ar Nosurge is really good. Definitely worth a playthrough.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
What kind of shelving are you using "chopstickSamurai"? I like that setup and it looks nice.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Anybody try remote play with the Vita ---> PS4? My internet connection isn't very fast at my house or my Dad's. I can't get it to work.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It only really works if both devices are on the same network and the network is fast. It really helps for the PS4 to be wired and the Vita close to the router. I've never gotten it to work well but okitasomethingpanda uses it all the time.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I gotta say I wish I hadnt ran my wiiu adapter over with my ''cab" this thing is horrible at the forums. the glitches are semi amusing but when it locked a little I was sort of scared.

whats new and good for this thing? not that I realy shouldnt haveenough wth doing dragons crown again and just starting odin sphere .

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I gotta say I wish I hadnt ran my wiiu adapter over with my ''cab" this thing is horrible at the forums. the glitches are semi amusing but when it locked a little I was sort of scared.

whats new and good for this thing? not that I realy shouldnt haveenough wth doing dragons crown again and just starting odin sphere .

You never know hey? the things aren't good some show the opposite though.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Anybody try remote play with the Vita ---> PS4? My internet connection isn't very fast at my house or my Dad's. I can't get it to work.

I do it all the time. Its not the best playing online games, but it does work. When im away from i can ps4 on the go. It was a life saver when my wife was in the hospital last time for my kid.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Theres already to many hard to find vita games and then a lot of them over sell.

I've got 118/166 listed physical games at gamestop but, that doesnt even account for limited run games or other online only physical copies or asian english. It's so hard to even keep a definitive list of whats even coming out on the vita.

Plus a lot of whats coming out isnt even worthwhile.

Ar Nosurge is really good. Definitely worth a playthrough.

Really? I couldnt get past the first area without being bored. I know its a sequel to another game and im wondering if i'd be more envolved had I of played it.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Theres already to many hard to find vita games and then a lot of them over sell.

I've got 118/166 listed physical games at gamestop but, that doesnt even account for limited run games or other online only physical copies or asian english. It's so hard to even keep a definitive list of whats even coming out on the vita.

Plus a lot of whats coming out isnt even worthwhile.

Really? I couldnt get past the first area without being bored. I know its a sequel to another game and im wondering if i'd be more envolved had I of played it.

I'm an accidental collector...not at all checking against lists

that sounds horrible

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wouldn't count all the Limited editions. They are usually just a soundtrack CD and an artbook.
Just say no to "limited editions".

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I wouldn't count all the Limited editions. They are usually just a soundtrack CD and an artbook.
Just say no to "limited editions".
I dont think people are counting those. Theres a independant publisher who releases physical versions in limited quanities of digital only vita games and that companies name is "Limited Run". I think thats what people are refering to and if those should count. Also theres simply other games that only receive physical release threw their companies websites and not in retail stores.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
LRG makes physical collecting tough, as I missed out most of the early ones. I am not paying insane amount of $$ for digital games that are less than $5. Don't mind their asking price (25-30, generally), so I buy them now as they are being released.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
LRG makes physical collecting tough, as I missed out most of the early ones. I am not paying insane amount of $$ for digital games that are less than $5. Don't mind their asking price (25-30, generally), so I buy them now as they are being released.

I dont know man. I dont even think the $30 is worthwhile. A lot of that is shit I wouldnt even wanna buy at $1 to 3 digitally so is it really worth a ton more for a case? Most of the indie games that are actually worthwhile get picked up by Japanese publishers and receieve very nice physical editions with good pricing and they arent super rare ebay inflation months later.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I dont know man. I dont even think the $30 is worthwhile. A lot of that is shit I wouldnt even wanna buy at $1 to 3 digitally so is it really worth a ton more for a case? Most of the indie games that are actually worthwhile get picked up by Japanese publishers and receieve very nice physical editions with good pricing and they arent super rare ebay inflation months later.

Depends on the game, most of them aren't too bad. There are definitely duds as well. They cater to the collector's mentality and scalpers jump in as well so everything is sold out in minutes. Can't blame them for doing what the market is dictating but if you just want the games, skipping them and subbing PSN is probably the best bet.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I dont think people are counting those. Theres a independant publisher who releases physical versions in limited quanities of digital only vita games and that companies name is "Limited Run". I think thats what people are refering to and if those should count. Also theres simply other games that only receive physical release threw their companies websites and not in retail stores.

Never heard of them. you must be making that up.