Foods... you can't get in your country that...

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I wish we could get Mexican candies up here in Canada: like Pulparindos and Veros.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Spanish paella and orxata. You can get it but it's not the same in either case.

Japanese ramen.

There is a ramen place that just opened in Quincy not long ago and I heard it's great, though nothing will top the homemade Ramen at Tokyo Game Action.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
The Cheetos flavored in Korea like BBQ. I miss the hell out of these, I think Japan gets these too, along with all those crazy awesome flavors of kit Kats like vanilla ice cream, I can at least find the green tea ones here now, but I really miss Kirin milk tea from China, no Asian markets seem to have it near me now for years. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449796444.004104.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449796518.829945.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Marmite is slightly sweet while Vegemite is pure salt.

And it's great!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Marmite is slightly sweet while Vegemite is pure salt.

And it's great!

i had australian flatmates who would eat vegemite all day but wouldn't touch marmite even on a dare lol.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
southeast asia - good instant Ramen.
Malaysia and Thailand have some damn good instant noodles.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
The only things I can immediately think of that I wish I had better access to but do not are UK/Euro Nestle made Kit-Kat bars a soft drink by the name of Vegita Beta.

A local world market we have here called Jungle Jim's used to carry the Kit-Kat bars but then Hershey's won some kind of lawsuit that banned the importing of non Hershey's made Kit-Kat bars from Europe (I still see the Japanese ones there like Strawberry and Mint).

I had Vegita Beta when we went to Disney World/Epcot earlier this year. I must have drank a good 8 or 9 cups of the stuff while I was there and probably would have downed more than that if given the chance. :drool:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I brought back a ton of different flavored kit kats while in Japan. Green tea, tea, dark chocolat, orange cream, wasabi, red bean. They are all pretty good. I also brought back these chips called jagabee. They look like french fries, and they have a ton of different flavors.

Mochi is something i don't see to often here either, and when i do its usually of the ice cream varity

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
ironically enough i really miss american-styled chinese food

and pizza, sweet mao i miss pizza

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
pickled tiger penis
aaron rice has to send that to me

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
On the Dutch side:
Smoked chicken breast. It's like crack to me. I need it in my life at all times. You can't get it in the UK, even at really expensive butchers they look at me like I asked for boiled granny minge.

Satesaus. This is also one of the greatest things in the planet.

On the English side:
Pasties, pies, puddings, gravy and Strongbow.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Those Japanese Kit-Kat's with all 'out of the norm' flavors. Those green tea Kit Kats were the shit. A friend of mine sent those over to me and I devoured them. The sweet potato Kit Kats were also awesome.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
The Dragon Quest HP Potions they have in Japan. Supposed to taste like shit, but wouldn't mind having the bottle to bring out at parties.

While I can find it sometimes in various stores: Soda from anyplace outside the US that uses Cane Sugar instead of Corn Syrup.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The Dragon Quest HP Potions they have in Japan. Supposed to taste like shit, but wouldn't mind having the bottle to bring out at parties.

While I can find it sometimes in various stores: Soda from anyplace outside the US that uses Cane Sugar instead of Corn Syrup.

Every supermarket in the area carries it now. It's hip. Shaws always carries a full selection of Mexican Coke a Cola products in the international isle and Pepsi brand cane sugar drinks even come in cans now.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

You sound like you have more money than brains that you're willing to buy and import food just to show it off.

KRAAAZY life of an "otaku", I guess.

How do you find time in your busy schedule of kid-diddling to throw parties?

Last edited:

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Every supermarket in the area carries it now. It's hip. Shaws always carries a full selection of Mexican Coke a Cola products in the international isle and Pepsi brand cane sugar drinks even come in cans now.

Hannafords does have the sugar pepsi stuff (in plastic bottles :( ), not the Mexican Coke AFAIK. I'll have to check the Shaws over by Auberndale. Thanks.

Question: Does Rhode Island count as a foreign country (or dump)? Cause their https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_strips is rather unique to that area.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hannafords does have the sugar pepsi stuff (in plastic bottles :( ), not the Mexican Coke AFAIK. I'll have to check the Shaws over by Auberndale. Thanks.

Question: Does Rhode Island count as a foreign country (or dump)? Cause their https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_strips is rather unique to that area.

After I saw someone eat a hotdog in a bun that was stuck to a sweaty mans arm, and was told it was a RI specialty, I refuse to eat food from that state.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
When I was in America (a long time ago now) I was addicted to those Mr. Peanut things with peanut butter inside. They were like the shape of monkey nuts. I'd love to find some of them here in the UK.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Luckily where I live there are enough stores that focus on imported food/goods that it hasn't been hard to find anything I've had while out of the country. There are even a couple full size Japanese supermarkets. What I miss more is regional cuisine from other states. Oh and Kinder eggs, you can find every other Kinder product except those, because fat Americans are so stupid we need a law against putting anything inedible inside something edible.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Luckily where I live there are enough stores that focus on imported food/goods that it hasn't been hard to find anything I've had while out of the country. There are even a couple full size Japanese supermarkets. What I miss more is regional cuisine from other states. Oh and Kinder eggs, you can find every other Kinder product except those, because fat Americans are so stupid we need a law against putting anything inedible inside something edible.

I used to get those eggs from a relative for Christmas every year when I was a kid. I loved those damn things...had no idea they were banned.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
After I saw someone eat a hotdog in a bun that was stuck to a sweaty mans arm, and was told it was a RI specialty, I refuse to eat food from that state.

LOL, NY System. I used to go there as a kid. o.0 Yeah Rhode Islanders do like their buns with a little salt. But these are people that are also addicted to Dunkin Donuts, and can't drive... so there's a shop every block.

But I can confirm the pizza strips are good, go to an Italian Bakery, I think you can also get these in the North End if you wake up early enough.

Another interesting bit: Manhattan Chowda is another Rhode Island thing, its from the Portuguese immigrants, Rhode Island is a nautical state, so most sailors can't pick and choose the time of the month they see their wives.