Foods... you can't get in your country that...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You'd ask a member to get for you:D

Example... I once got this for a friend in the USA:

spotted_dick-640x480.jpg

xROTx

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm mostly interested in foreign junk food...and fast food. It's obvious that you cannot ship the one..

I find the country to country taste preference of things like candy, chips, pastries, soda to be interesting.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
This is America. You can find anything here if you know where to look. I've seen that exact can of spotted dick in multiple grocery stores here.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
ALSO... a lot of my friends in 'Murika LOVE:

s-l1000.jpg

This is America. You can find anything here if you know where to look. I've seen that exact can of spotted dick in multiple grocery stores here.

This was YEARS ago man...

... Just trying to make convo you fookin killjoy....

xROTx

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I remember snickering about the "Spotted Dick" I saw in a World Market.

The shelves in those stores display the country of origin and I could've swore it said it was from the UK.

Now someone is going to tell me that Santa Claus doesn't exist or that Michael Jackson was really a black guy

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This reminds, me....

I'm almost out of Marmite.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This reminds, me....

I'm almost out of Marmite.

"Tastes like sad sand"

LOL...that was a review for that stuff on Amazon...

So...is that like Vegemite? If so...gross, I've tried it and that stuff is just fucking foul.

*EDIT*
Turkish Delight is also the opposite of good...

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I've never had Vegemite, it is essentially the same. But Vegemite lovers say they taste different.

It certainly has an interesting taste. I'd best describe it as tasting like the traub of a 5 gallon batch of homebrew. Only salty and a bit more refined.

I rarely put it on anything. Occasionally, I will use it in a pinch (when I am out of beef bullion) to make gravy or make ground turkey taste more like ground hamburger.

Sometimes, I put it out as a joke and some people think that it is nuttella. A bit of a shock.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
One of the best things I had when I visited Europe was Blood Orange Fanta. We only get the basic flavors in my area.

Dragonlee

Zero's Secretary
Lucky we have a American based supermarket chain wholesalers Costco and I always get a treat from there.
IMG_5290 (Custom).JPG

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

xROTx

Hahah I'm not trying to be a killjoy.

Last night I ate one of those Nestle Aero chocolate bars. I was pretty non-plussed. European Kit-Kat's are fucking amazing, though. I ate a shitload of those last year.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i've always wanted to try new york pizza and burgers,chicago style deep pan pizza,corn dogs and almost everything you see in man vs food.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Don't like so much candies, pop or other junk food.
But in US or in Japan, I fill my travel bag with beef jerky.

It's great. Most europeans say it's like chewing a leather shoe, but probably it's the only think we miss.

I tried some home-made recipes, but are far distant from the expected result...

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
ALSO... a lot of my friends in 'Murika LOVE:

s-l1000.jpg

xROTx

You're killing me, I've had most of those at one time or another and I love them. Cadbury Crunchie is literally my favorite candy bar.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I like how there's a registered symbol next to the logo like anyone was in danger of taking the name away from them.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Not even out of the country, the north and west can't make sweet tea or BBQ correctly. I also haven't had good alligator since Louisiana.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Nestle Milky Bars & Cadbury Flakes are what I buy. The last Flakes I bought were Swiss made. Not bad but not as good as UK produced.

If I'm going to buy imported choc's, I want them from the proper region.

I'm just happy it's easy to find salt & vinegar chips now. It was probably the 80s when stores in my area stocked them.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Nestle Milky Bars & Cadbury Flakes are what I buy. The last Flakes I bought were Swiss made. Not bad but not as good as UK produced.

If I'm going to buy imported choc's, I want them from the proper region.

people always disagree with me when i tell them that i prefer cadbury's chocolate over the expensive swiss and belgian stuff lol.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
i've always wanted to try new york pizza and burgers,chicago style deep pan pizza,corn dogs and almost everything you see in man vs food.

Chicago deep dish is a mouthgasm, easily as good as it looks. Chicago style hot dogs are also tops. KC BBQ from KC, southern cheese grits, Texas BBQ, Southern BBQ...god, I'm hungry now...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Chicago deep dish is a mouthgasm, easily as good as it looks. Chicago style hot dogs are also tops. KC BBQ from KC, southern cheese grits, Texas BBQ, Southern BBQ...god, I'm hungry now...

You sir have excellent taste in food!

Also it's impossible to get a good Cuban sammich or grits up here.

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I don't think I'd actually want someone to send these to me... but in Spain, churros come with chocolate dipping sauce or covered in a chocolate shell. Here in America, they are just plain. NO ONE here sells them with chocolate.

What the hell is wrong with America!?....

You may say "Spanish people just make churros differently"... but no. That's not the case. The people selling the chocolate churros in Spain are Mexican immigrants. So what gives?...

Eh?..... :spock:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Confit de canard from France - I always bring a bag of these back if I go to the continent, though they weigh a ton.

I'm eternally disappointed by steak in the UK, our beef, especially from the supermarkets, is just the worst of any country I've eaten in. I could eat American or Argentinian steak straight out of the packet all day long.

German street food is the best I've had.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Spanish paella and orxata. You can get it but it's not the same in either case.

Japanese ramen.