**Fist of the North Star Appreciation Thread**

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Looking at the info on the website is getting me even more hyped for the game. Outside of the movie I haven't experienced alot of the Hokuto no Ken story. The website talks about how Ken's Rage 2 will cover much of story I know so little about. It's an exciting prospect.

P.S. - Famitsu gave Ken's Rage 2 a 37/40.

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
The UK site is ahead of the US site

http://www.kensrage.com/2/uk/top.html

hey should have made the 8 players team versus mode allow players to fight each other (it looks more like an olympic event than actual versus fighting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnVI4Es4PxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXEzfoAcpu0

I am willing to buy an actual player hitting player mode as DLC if that's what it takes to include actual PVP in this.
The fighting system would be perfect for player competition than just bashing up enemies with weak a.i. And the roster is very strong too.

here is splitscreen co-op video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68YbqWtEYI

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I just started watching the anime series....

I sorta like it... better than the Ninja Scroll TV series...

the only minor concern I have is that he keeps ripping his shirt in his power rage... happens at least once per episode.... then he magically has the same shirt on in the following scene...

IF i was his mother ... I'd tell the fucker to stop showing his muscles off and just kill people without teh costume abuse....

xROTx

PS. On episode 23 of 158....

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
There's a few videos of the demo on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21BPi5vzDYA

Also, while I'm really stoked for the game, I'm fairly certain now that it's going to be download only. Noticed it wasn't in the Gamestop preorder list so, I'm just assuming but...doesn't look good for a physical release.

Jon

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Also, while I'm really stoked for the game, I'm fairly certain now that it's going to be download only. Noticed it wasn't in the Gamestop preorder list so, I'm just assuming but...doesn't look good for a physical release.

Jon

Amazon seems to be taking U.S. peorders for the XBOX 360:

LINK

...which would support the current word that says the U.S. will see a definite disc release for 360 and a digital download for PS3 & Wii U.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
...which would support the current word that says the U.S. will see a definite disc release for 360 and a digital download for PS3 & Wii U.

Hmm...makes me wonder if it's an Amazon exclusive, then. The 360 preorder list at Gamestop didn't have it listed there, either.

Jon

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Hmm...makes me wonder if it's an Amazon exclusive, then. The 360 preorder list at Gamestop didn't have it listed there, either.

Jon

GameStop might open preorder offer for the digital release through them if they sign the contract for the preorder deal. but I heard it's uncertain due to the recent government recession stuff going on that is affecting businesses.

so whether they will invest into the preorder deal for this remains to be seen. but if they do, then it's just a matter of buying it through them and then at launch they will give a full game redeem code and the DLC costumes download code. I heard GS has made digital only release offers through them (it's like buying it straight from PSN Store but instead of buying a card, you can simply pay GS to buy it for you and give you the code to buy that digital game online, something like that.)

I would call GS every week to see if they have preorders up for this. there's a 50/50 chance they might sign up for the preorder deal.

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Jon
Just because I can't resist needling at Gamestop, even Best Buy is currently taking pre-orders for the 360:

LINK

...and their page shows a complete description of the game and its features.

Sorry for the ~ lol Gamestop moment there, I couldn't resist.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
lol! $59.99?

They would save at least $10 getting it on the digital market. And it doesn't seem like Best Buy comes with the preorder DLC costumes bonuses.

Kazuki Dash

Missing the point. It's not about Best Buy being any good, but how crazy it is that even they've been taking pre-orders and Gamestop still isn't.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I just started watching the anime series....

I sorta like it... better than the Ninja Scroll TV series...

the only minor concern I have is that he keeps ripping his shirt in his power rage... happens at least once per episode.... then he magically has the same shirt on in the following scene...

IF i was his mother ... I'd tell the fucker to stop showing his muscles off and just kill people without teh costume abuse....

xROTx

PS. On episode 23 of 158....

keep with it, gets really good once you hit the real meat of the story after episode 30-something

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
keep with it, gets really good once you hit the real meat of the story after episode 30-something

I agree but, I happen to like the way the Shin arc was extended in the anime. In the manga, he was dead before chapter 10, I believe.

It was definitely interesting to see the one-shot Nanto styles that weren't in the manga...Nanto An-Sho Ken (South Star Death Bell Fist)...and, my personal favorite, Nanto Ningen-Houdan! (Nanto Human Cannonball)

Jon

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

This.

For the longest time, my exposure to HNK was the movie, which was good, nutty fun. But then a friend said 'watch the TV series' and I did and it took close to 25 episodes before I started really liking it.

Ruroni Kenshin had the same kind of curve for me. The first season was unbearably bad, but I stuck with it and the Shishio stuff made it worth watching.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I really, really enjoy the Shin arc - a ton of iconic, short-appearance characters come from there, whereas after the other Hokuto bros come out of hiding you're mainly relegated to the big bads and most of the one-offs aren't as cool as Jackal, Devil Rebirth, Shin's card name themed guards, etc. Lots of fun stand-alone episodes is where I'm getting at.

But when they started getting to the real part of the story and to its recurring themes of destiny, awww yeah.

Anyone else ever cough and when someone asks if you're alright you say yeah I'm fine with a smile on your face but you really know you're dying from radiation poisoning and then that sad music starts to play in your head

Sometimes I tell girls I was born under the Southern Star of Benevolence.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm a fan of Nanto Suichōken, the South Star Waterfowl Fist.

Rei's the fuckin' man.

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
I'm a fan of Nanto Suichōken, the South Star Waterfowl Fist.

Rei's the fuckin' man.

Yup. I also really liked Ryuga's Taizen Tenroken style, scooping out random pieces of flesh, fucking badass.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Shin arc wasn't the only one with more fighters and depth.

the Nanto Goshasei (basically Raoh's journey towards the Last Nanto General) introduced many interesting characters. Though it was a shame they wasted Rihaku's character (the leader should always be the strongest!!!!) but the anime at least have him a actual fighting style.

Tou was also a great character that deepened Raoh's past as well, and she was given a bit more role in the anime. (it's insane Ken's Rage 2 doesn't include her yet they include Sayaka, Myuu, Leia, some minor commoner NPCs, etc. She should at least be present in Rihaku cutscenes. )

then you had the Gento/Celestial Emperor, arc in the anime they had FIVE GENTO GENERALS instead of 2/3. ( I heard that Shoki didn't even do much of anything compared to their anime version where they fought Kenshiro.) Also BOLTZ and TAIGA are waaaaaay better designs than Jakou's lame offspring.

Then in Shura arc there are notable fighters besides the 3 Rasho, like Nameless, Alf, Kaizer, Zebra, Jukei, Kuroyasha, Akashachi, Shachi.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
With this ridiculously large cast of characters, each of which has their own massive dreams and ambitions, it makes perfect sense for this series to be adapted to a 'Musou' format.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Then in Shura arc there are notable fighters besides the 3 Rasho, like Alf

sexy-alf.jpg

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
For anyone interested, Gamestop has it up for pre-order on 360. Curiously enough, it wasn't in the system for PS3, neither as a physical release nor as a digital download.

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Last edited: