First Neo Geo game you ever saw/played?

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
First game I remember playing was KOF 94 in the Canaries (probably Majorca) in an arcade.

Used to see AES carts in HMV Oxford Street, London and remember seeing View Point - so wanted that game but £200 was way off my budget back then!

I was waiting in line for the SF2 cabinet n saw a few people playing World Heroes, played KoF95 first tho a few weeks later

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Mallorca is not in the Canary Islands ;)

For me it was Robo Army and World Heroes in a local video game shop. I was tiny and had no chance to get a shot of the games... but watching was enough! I was hooked!

Turtles in Time, Batman Returns, and eventually Street Fighter 2 on the SNES helped me to get over it...back then ;)

ROBO2011

Crazed MVS Addict
Art of Fighting on the AES. I was very impressed by the big characters!. They still look very big!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The first time I saw the homecarts was in Software etc in the local mall. Though most of the games they stocked were the older ones and dropped in value over time.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
First game played was KOF 94 followed by Samurai 1
For me KOF 94 with those cool combos seemed to kick street fighter on it's butt.
good memories.

Ozmiander

n00b
Definitely Magician Lord. the only supermarket in a small town and we were lucky enough to have an MVS cab.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I recall a laundromat a few blocks from my apartment when I was very young had a 4 slot MVS. I dont recall most of the games (all fighters that looked the same to my ignorant child mind), but I do remember Aero Fighters 2 as one of the games vividly. I played that game over and over, amazed that a dolphin could cause so much carnage.

Soon after one of the fighter games was replaced with Metal Slug. That was it.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
For me, it was Nam 1975 on an AES (for the first time just a few years ago!), and various (Bust-a-Move maybe first, but also Metal Slug maybe) in arcades for years.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ninja Combat. It was my very first game on the system, back in December 1990. I had the Neo Geo for Christmas and chosen Ninja Combat for my first game. I played it countless times, it was really fantastic... Graphics, sounds, animation.... i had only this one for two months, but i never felt bored with it. Next came Magician Lord, but that's another story... :)

geise

Mickey's Coach
First Neo game for me was Sengoku. The atmosphere, sound, and graphics at the time just blew me away. Then I played Magician Lord.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
First game was NAM 1975 for me. Seeing a somewhat Contra-like game play out on the screen in front of me with high quality assets was great as a first time Neo-player.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I'm not sure what my first neo experience was, honestly. I think it was either a metal slug game at an arcade when i was a wee child, or a neo-geo pocket color at a friends house. I didn't own an AES or NGCD till 2013 though.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Fatal Fury when it was first released, I remember seeing it in CV&G magazine

image_zpsa86aa13f.jpg

AT&T he same time I saw Robo Army, great memories... Always wanted the system!

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Mine would have to be the "Super Spy". It was at Adventure Island theme park in Tampa probably 1992. Blew me away.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
When I was a child my parents took me to the Jersey shore each summer - specifically, Wildwood. There's a long boardwalk, and at the time in the early 90s, there were at least a half dozen BIG arcades there containing all the latest and classic games. It was then that I started noticing that these 'Neo Geo' games looked more impressive and played more fluidly than a lot of the others. I believe the very first game I played back then had to be the original Samurai Shodown. That game will always be one of my favorites of all time.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I worked in a game room when the original 4 slot Neo-Geo MVS came out and while I was impressed with Magician Lord, Ninja Combat and Nam 75, so some reason I got into Baseball Stars quite a bit. Used to sit there and play complete games on all 4 of them without paying for them...the advantages of owning the cabinet ;)

tcfkae

n00b
Super Sidekicks 2, in a big sit down cabinet at Cain's amusements, Herne Bay, Kent (UK), around 1995.I used to pour money in trying to win the cup as England. The big colourful screen and booming speakers had me hooked. I finally managed to win the cup, cheered on by a bunch of local kids who congregated around the cabinet to watch - still one of my proudest achievements (and probably the only time the England football team will win anything in my lifetime...)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Metal Slug .. I still remember how awesome it seemed to me.