Firearm enthusiast thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What a world we live in.

Hunter Biden’s lawyer has deployed the
nuclear option: Biden’s legal team is arguing that it doesn’t matter that Hunter was a user of a controlled substance when he purchased a firearm because the prohibition on drug users purchasing firearms is unconstitutional.

To quote Wyo: “Based.”

Yeah, and…Hunter’s attorney is right :keke:

Reactions: wyo

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Want to go to a shooting range later, any idea on how much to spend? Thanks
Depends on your range. Signing up for membership or just the day? Are you bringing your own ammo? If you’re shooting cheap rounds meant for the range and you’re buying from them it’s not too bad. Our local range for a couple hours and several dozen rounds I’m spending shy of 90-100 bucks.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You know what bro, that was pretty gosh darn impolite of me. Thank you for answering me.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Weird.

I could see a blanket ban on photography/filming because of dumbassrs and social media.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU FUCKERS MY DICK IS SO HARD RIGHT NOW IT MIGHT EXPLODE.
H9 RETURNS

Ha!
Faggots at fartcom locked my account for being excited the H9 is making a comeback.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Arfcom are fucking terrible degenerates. Faggots doesn’t even begin to explain how shit they are.

HellioN

20 Year Member
It used to be a cool place.
I've been a member there for 20 years.
I didn't even get a warning.
Just a "Your account has been locked" message and a vague email telling me my suspension is indefinite.
Oh well I guess.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Nah, I don't think it's officially available just yet.
I'm going to wait on it for a moment to watch for bugs but I'll probably get one soon enough.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I got my CCW this year. I don't own a gun tho.
I'll let you all know if I finally find one. Gun shopping seems to be a shit show, but it's all new to me.

HellioN

20 Year Member
I got my CCW this year. I don't own a gun tho.
I'll let you all know if I finally find one. Gun shopping seems to be a shit show, but it's all new to me.
Locate a local range.
Most of them will let you rent a pistol to try out and be more than happy to show you the ropes if you ask.
I'm not going to recommend any particular gun but I will suggest you start with a glork 19 and use it's attributes as a checklist as far as what is desirable.
Do you plan on owning multiple guns or is it a one and done deal?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
When I first started looking, it was going to be one and done, but after a bit of shopping I understand why people end up with so many. Originally I was only interested in Conceal Carry, so not any of the larger guns. I did a course at a range which was very beneficial. It was a retired cop, so he had tons of example scenarios for the audience.

I live in the city so I was originally looking at something to bring with me for around town and in the car. My friend really likes his .380 for this, plus his wife can use it. My wife will be shooting with me, and she's a tiny thing. But of course the guns nuts rant about "no stopping power" with .380. the Sig P365 9mm is damn near the same size, so i agree it will take some trips to the range to see what I like.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Stopping power in a handgun is a joke.
The better phrase IMO is only hits count.
I routinely have a mouse gun in .32 ACP in my pocket and don't feel bad about it for a second.
I'm a relatively large man just so you know.
Smaller guns are easier to carry but much harder to shoot, lots of practice is needed.
The bigger ones are usually easier to deal with but harder to lug around.
Decide if you want to dress around the gun or have a gun that fits the way you dress.