LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Want to go to a shooting range later, any idea on how much to spend? Thanks

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Want to go to a shooting range later, any idea on how much to spend? Thanks
If you have to go rent the lane, rent the guns, & buy the ammo it could easily be $100 for 2 people to spend an hour.
Otherwise most ranges around here are charging $15-20/HR.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member

CA “Assault Weapon” ban found unconstitutional.

The decision is stayed for 10 days pending for the state to make an appeal.

Pretty good reading even for a layman.

This one is probably going to make it to SCOTUS.
Dude California mag ban was ruled unconstitutional recently but the CA state government decided to ignore/disregard the ruling. California doesn't acknowledge constitutional law

HellioN

20 Year Member

CA “Assault Weapon” ban found unconstitutional.

The decision is stayed for 10 days pending for the state to make an appeal.

Pretty good reading even for a layman.

This one is probably going to make it to SCOTUS.
Nice.
Apparently Illinois newish "assault weapons registration" law had something like a 0.004% compliance rate.
Quiet, mass, peaceful non-compliance for unconstitutional laws is the answer.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Dude California mag ban was ruled unconstitutional recently but the CA state government decided to ignore/disregard the ruling. California doesn't acknowledge constitutional law

If I’m remembering correctly the decision was stayed pending appeal, the state appealed.

The state will lose at SCOTUS, which is the endgame.

Yes, this is taking time. Yes, a right delayed is a right denied. Heller was only 2008, followed by McDonald two years later - the lower courts ignored Heller for years or reinterpreted it or outright rejected it but after Bruen that just can’t happen anymore.

The gun banners are effectively done. They won’t give up, of course, but they’re done.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
If I’m remembering correctly the decision was stayed pending appeal, the state appealed.

The state will lose at SCOTUS, which is the endgame.

Yes, this is taking time. Yes, a right delayed is a right denied. Heller was only 2008, followed by McDonald two years later - the lower courts ignored Heller for years or reinterpreted it or outright rejected it but after Bruen that just can’t happen anymore.

The gun banners are effectively done. They won’t give up, of course, but they’re done.
The state has appealed/delayed this for the SECOND time now, two times in a row after being told the law was unconstitutional. At this point it is not appealing, it's disregarding hiding behind legal technicality.

It takes almost 10 years for any given unconstitutional law to be considered just to go to SCOTUS if it ever does, meanwhile CA is signing multiple new unconstitutional laws to paper every year. I seem to be the only Californian upset about having to now pay a 20% tax on firearms and ammo.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The state has appealed/delayed this for the SECOND time now, two times in a row after being told the law was unconstitutional. At this point it is not appealing, it's disregarding hiding behind legal technicality.

It takes almost 10 years for any given unconstitutional law to be considered just to go to SCOTUS if it ever does, meanwhile CA is signing multiple new unconstitutional laws to paper every year. I seem to be the only Californian upset about having to now pay a 20% tax on firearms and ammo.

My man, how long did MLK et al. have to fight for their rights? Well over 20 years. and they had allies in the highest levels of government. There are no, or very few, true gun rights advocates in congress. The GOP are statists who only pay lip service to gun rights and the Democratic party are also statists whose goal is a total gun ban via constitutional amendment. We won’t get an equivalent to the Civil Rights Act or Voting Rights Acts. We unfortunately need SCOTUS to tell the states to quit their dumb shit.

Real movement only began in 2008 with an ass kicking from SCOTUS to the lower courts in 2022.

Yeah it sucks.

Just don’t comply.

Donate to the Firearm Policy Center.

Also, don’t comply.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
LMAO did you guys see Larry Vickers is now a felon? What a fucking idiot.

I mean, yeah, shall not be infringed, but seriously...what a dumbass.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Everyone thought I was dumb for thinking Vickers was dumb.
Who's laughing now!
Honestly, no one should be because arms laws are an infringement and stupid.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Well guess what the latest news about CA Assault Weapon ban being found unconstitutional ONCE AGAIN.

IT HAS BEEN STAYED/STALLED/IGNORED once again by the liberal communist country of California just like I said it would be.

Sad that apparently only SCOTUS can actually fix this and it takes 10 yrs to get that far.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You’re going full Xavier.

Knock that shit off right now.

This will be at SCOTUS in less than five years assuming FPC et al don’t win on the merits later this year.

Did you read the decision? You should read the decision.

The state is done. Benitez’s decision says what I’ve been saying: the courts have ignored or misinterpreted Heller in the past 10 years, but after Bruen they simply can’t do that. There is a standard in place to follow and CA’s AW ban doesn’t meet that. The states appeal is embarrassing.

IIRC movement on the case occurs again in late November or December.

Donate to FPC.
Acquire unserialized firearms.
Don’t make a machine gun tho like that idiot Vickers.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think If I even clicked on that link I would go to prison.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
.357 Derringer

I bet this thing hurts like hell to shoot. If it was a full size gun I'd be it'd be a fun. Probably not too bad if you shoot 38spl through it.

I think the last time I saw one of these was in Bad Boys :keke:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Probably, it's a design by PA Luty. He went to prison for four years in the UK. I assume AUS has similar laws?
Could be 2 or 4 or even 10 if you're a 'prohibited person' so a jailbird etc. Hell they'd chop off your head if they could!