Firearm enthusiast thread

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Damn...this things are spendy.

The FN SLP is another good option, in my opinion just as nice as the Benelli and quite a bit cheaper (last time I checked). So is the Mossy 930 something or other if you want an auto loader on a budget.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i was all ready to pick up mossberg 590 but now im having second thoughts on what to get for my first gun.

Right now here are my options

Mossberg 590
Ruger 10/22 Takedown
M&P 15 Sport
Ruger 556 AR

TonK

Least Valuable Player
i was all ready to pick up mossberg 590 but now im having second thoughts on what to get for my first gun.

Right now here are my options

Mossberg 590
Ruger 10/22 Takedown
M&P 15 Sport
Ruger 556 AR

Ruger 556. But as duf said, the 10/22 is cheap to shoot.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Get glorious nagant of soviet construction, clean of cosmoline and buy many rimmed cartridge of 7.62 millimeter in spam can for dirt cheap. Put many holes in papers at 100 meters. Then wash and oil mosin while drink vodka to dull sore shoulder.

But seriously, if you don't have one, get a mosin nagant and a spam can of ammo and go crazy. Fun as hell to shoot.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So i got my first gun, i went with Ruger 10/22 Takedown. Where do you guys buy ammo?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So i got my first gun, i went with Ruger 10/22 Takedown. Where do you guys buy ammo?

.22LR? Good luck finding quality bulk for a reasonable price.

I haven't found an online place yet that offers a good deal on .22. Try places like Wal Mart...the Federal 325rd "auto match" stuff is pretty good and can be found for $15-18. Stay away from Rem Golden bullet shit or anything rim fire Winchester bulk.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
I have the golden bullets in buckets. It's really dirty but haven't had any issues.

Why do you say stay away from it? Just curious.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I have the golden bullets in buckets. It's really dirty but haven't had any issues.

Why do you say stay away from it? Just curious.

In the past...I had nothing but problems with it. Tons of fail to fire issues and fail to cycle due to load constancy issues. Let's put it this way, it's so bad that Smith and Wesson calls it out by name in my M&P 15-22 manual as "do not use".

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
fail to fire? not cool.

stocked up on 22 bricks when walmart in rural NY was still selling winchester 550s for $15 a pop

this was like a few years ago not sure they ever restocked

Marek

Banned
I just bought a new England arms 12 gauge pump and went and slaughtered some clays. I'm actually gonna post a bud my friend took. It's the most scenic place to shoot I've ever seen

xorthen

Banned
In the past...I had nothing but problems with it. Tons of fail to fire issues and fail to cycle due to load constancy issues. Let's put it this way, it's so bad that Smith and Wesson calls it out by name in my M&P 15-22 manual as "do not use".

Damn that sucks man. I have a friend who has a Colt 22 rimfire rifle and it eats Winchester and Federal bulk ammo all day. It hates remington though for some reason.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Damn that sucks man. I have a friend who has a Colt 22 rimfire rifle and it eats Winchester and Federal bulk ammo all day. It hates remington though for some reason.

Federal is ok. It's been years ago now, but the last box of Winchester bulk .22 I bought was so bad (FTF, horribly inconsistent loads), I shot the box with my 12 gauge shotgun, took a video of it and tried to send it to Winchester.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Ugh, yeah, when I used to be able to get .22 ammo I would either get CCi minimags or Federal 550s.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Go into your local dicks sporting goods. They will tell you when they get their shipments.

Mine gets them every Wednesday at 9am. So if you need me to try to get you some 22LR lmk

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ugh, yeah, when I used to be able to get .22 ammo I would either get CCi minimags or Federal 550s.

Blazer 500 bulk was my go-to before the 2012 stupidity. I literally haven't seen a single box since.

Marek

Banned

This is me. My elevator was jamming hence the fiddling between shots. Don't worry cleaned oiled after this and it's all good.

I have the raw footy and you can see every clay break, the upload kinda obscures some. I went on a nice little run here.

Last edited:

xorthen

Banned
I remember buying those Federal 500 round bulk packs from Wally world for 17.99 plus tax before all the hoarding started happening. It was so much cheaper to shoot back then. :(

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Picked up a Glock 23 for $360.
LoL

Also built an AR pistol.

Last edited:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Took advantage of the holiday sales and bought a aero lower and an upper from a site that looks sketch as hell but hoping for the best.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Picked up a Glock 23 for $360.
LoL
Also built an AR pistol.

I love small rifles...er...pistols. I love my little AR pistol. In an ideal world, I'd have a vast collection of small sub machine guns.

Took advantage of the holiday sales and bought a aero lower and an upper from a site that looks sketch as hell but hoping for the best.

Aero makes really nice stuff...I hope you get the lower, you'll be happy with it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Found a 7.5" .300 barrel for $75, even with an AAC flash hider, that's still only $125 for the whole deal.

.300 BLK is superb in short barrels...really considering getting those parts.

But then I need to get F'ing ammo...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
No love for the 1911 in here? Just glocks and AR platform rifles.

No, not really. First off, I'm not a big .45 guy anymore, so I'd really like a double stack 9mm 1911 cuz single stack 9mm is limp. Second is the cost of the damn things. I bought my 9mm XDm and sent it off to be professionally reworked and it still set me back less $$ than what I consider to be a middle of the road 1911…once you get to custom level, my god.

Either way, I don't dislike them…I'm just not in love with them like I used to be.

xorthen

Banned
No, not really. First off, I'm not a big .45 guy anymore, so I'd really like a double stack 9mm 1911 cuz single stack 9mm is limp. Second is the cost of the damn things. I bought my 9mm XDm and sent it off to be professionally reworked and it still set me back less $$ than what I consider to be a middle of the road 1911…once you get to custom level, my god.

Either way, I don't dislike them…I'm just not in love with them like I used to be.

I hate the Springfield XD line of pistols. I would much rather prefer a Glock than that, hell even an M&P