Fast Striker, a NEW Neo Geo vertizontal shooter from NG:Dev Team!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just received an email notice that the status of the order is now shipped, so the games could be arriving any time now.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I just hope it doesn't get stuck in customs queue of the holidays.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Yeeeessss! Mine shipped too! Finally after one and a half years my preorder will be complete for Gunlord and FS! :D

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
AES English received :D

Still waiting for the japanese one though.. :eye::eye:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Yeeeessss! Mine shipped too! Finally after one and a half years my preorder will be complete for Gunlord and FS! :D

Wow, it's still hard to believe when I hear stuff like that. Nice to see everyone getting their orders finally.

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
Just got the shipped message today. I hope the English and Japanese copies come at the same time.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Finally received it today. What a beauty and all those extras. Wow! It looks absolutely retail. Much better than those freaked offical carts!
Cart sticker machine cut, insert as well, manual offset printed. Only those snapcases are not 100% right kinda.

In my book NGDEV have really moved far far beyond an homebrew developer. Those releases look truly retail.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Finally got my copy. Played the 1.5 version a bit to see what has been changed from the 1.0 version.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
My Missus bought this for me as an 'early' Birthday present back in March '12! It finally arrived yesterday, so will make for a nice game to play over THIS coming Xmas period.

Anyway, thought I'd share some thoughts on the production aspect, along with some photos.

First, the photos. I hope you don't mind, but I deliberately uploaded them at a mediocre res, for hopefully, obvious reasons:

77a0623e-f643-4a47-8758-7c2bdab5a7e7_zpse0dcd72f.jpg

IMG_5997_zps2ee07d2b.jpg

IMG_5998_zps7ebff4eb.jpg

IMG_5999_zpsadebc8d7.jpg

IMG_5996_zps42d40f8e.jpg

As for the production aspect...

The game (in box) felt really light when I removed it from the box. For whatever reason. Presumably, this is something to do with the type of plastic chosen for the snap lock and home cart reproduction process.

The box and cart share a similar feel, in terms of the texture of the plastic. It's more matte and has zero shine effect to it, at all. On the one hand, some PPL won't be happy about this (re: wanting to replace existing home cart cases that are worse for wear) BUT... on the plus side, you can tell that they are reproductions. It's not a negative aspect, imo.

Now, the most polarising aspect about this release for me is that insert artwork. I can't shake the very fact that when I opened the box... I felt some disappointment.

It's not terrible or anything but, I think, compared to the awesome renders they created for the DC 'standard' and 'LE' editions, that this cover, unfortunately, pales by comparison. Literally, I suppose.

On the one hand, it's cool that they commissioned someone (or one of themselves, in house?) to do a specific art piece for the Home Cart release, but on the other, I feel the composition of the cover would be more akin to being suitable as a poster, not Home Cart cover art.

For reference:

fsdc.png

What do you think?

-

The game also came with 3x posters, a postcard and 3x stickers (scales of the posters).

It should also be noted that the game included an official soundtrack CD too! Which was unexpected, but a nice inclusion, nonetheless. No doubt, no one will unseal it, ever. Making opened copies rarer than sealed ones...

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
My Missus bought this for me as an 'early' Birthday present back in March '12! It finally arrived yesterday, so will make for a nice game to play over THIS coming Xmas period.

Anyway, thought I'd share some thoughts on the production aspect, along with some photos.

First, the photos. I hope you don't mind, but I deliberately uploaded them at a mediocre res, for hopefully, obvious reasons:

IMG_5997_zps2ee07d2b.jpg

IMG_5998_zps7ebff4eb.jpg

IMG_5999_zpsadebc8d7.jpg

IMG_5996_zps42d40f8e.jpg

The game (in box) felt really light when I removed it from the box. For whatever reason. Presumably, this is something to do with the type of plastic chosen for the snap lock and home cart reproduction process.

The box and cart share a similar feel, in terms of the texture of the plastic. It's more matte and has zero shine effect to it, at all. On the one hand, some PPL won't be happy about this (re: wanting to replace existing home cart cases that are worse for wear) BUT... on the plus side, you can tell that they are reproductions. It's not a negative aspect, imo.

Now, the most polarising aspect about this release for me is that insert artwork. I can't shake the very fact that when I opened the box... I felt some disappointment.

It's not terrible or anything but, I think, compared to the awesome renders they created for the DC 'standard' and 'LE' editions, that this cover, unfortunately, pales by comparison. Literally, I suppose.

On the one hand, it's cool that they commissioned someone (or one of themselves, in house?) to do a specific art piece for the Home Cart release, but on the other, I feel the composition of the cover would be more akin to being suitable as a poster, not Home Cart cover art.

For reference:

fsdc.png

What do you think?

-

The game also came with 3x posters, a postcard and 3x stickers (scales of the posters).

It should also be noted that the game included an official soundtrack CD too! Which was unexpected, but a nice inclusion, nonetheless. No doubt, no one will unseal it, ever. Making opened copies rarer than sealed ones...

I already opened mine. I hate sealed stuff!

Regarding the artwork I kinda know what you mean butI think the artwork looks more homecart-ish than the DC artwork. You know it looks like a classic insert should look. Just my feelings.

EDIT: I'm talking bout the US version.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'm definitely not a big fan of the artwork for the home release. It looks very home-brew.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I'm definitely not a big fan of the artwork for the home release. It looks very home-brew.

+1

It doesn't really hold up to the artwork we're used to seeing from NG: DEV. I'd be disappointed with that also.

Piwi

Rugal's Thug
I liked the Gunlord Artwork(both versions) very much ! But this one is really a little bit disappointing...

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
What happened to the original proposed cover? I didn't think it would take much more to retain the original color tone and template.

fsaesjpn500px.jpg

IMG_5998_zps7ebff4eb.jpg

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I for one appreciate that the homecart insert looks nothing like that of the shockbox insert of the mvs LE.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Seeing as some people are saying they don't like the insert I guess I gotta come out for the other camp, I really like it!

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Problem is, it's a spacecraft shooter. I couldn't care less about the supposed pilots/cast.

I blame Cave, for needlessly introducing 'dolls' and god knows what into their high profile shooter universes. Unless, the ACTUAL craft is a person (re: SNShiro or ESPRade etc) or clearly visible (MHS), then... who really cares?

I wanted a badass render of the artists imagining of the player ship taking on a main antagonist or boss from the game (as per the DC cover art etc, or Pulstar) as opposed to some 'ok' character composition with an opacitated ship overhead.

I'll confess that it HAS grown on me slightly since my initial exposure to it, but I still find the small logo crammed into the space in the top right a bit irksome if I'm honest. Id've rather a bigger (not huge) centralised logo been used at the top, for example.

It's no big deal. It just wasn't what I was expecting as a final revised insert artwork. Poster and Manual, maybe...

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy

IMG_5997_zps2ee07d2b.jpg

IMG_5998_zps7ebff4eb.jpg

IMG_5999_zpsadebc8d7.jpg

IMG_5996_zps42d40f8e.jpg

For reference:

fsdc.png

What do you think?

-

Mine didnt come with the Posters kinda bummed about that. Wondering if I should shoot them a email to see if they forgot or just count it as they ran out of stock.

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
I like the insert (the guy in the green suit screams early 90's) but the cropped image on the cart I'm not too crazy about. It would of looked a lot better with a completely different picture.

My English copies came today but the Japanese one is still en route.