Fast Striker, a NEW Neo Geo vertizontal shooter from NG:Dev Team!

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Waiting with exciting to get my both version AES :)

Hope to hear new AES released soon .... :)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Let's hope the delivery goes smoothly without further incident.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Question why. A R E they still selling fast strike mvs on they web site when they can just about cope with the shipping of AES version to us crazy.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm kind of curious why they have a re-print for Neo XYX when they haven't even shipped out the first print heh

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Question why. A R E they still selling fast strike mvs on they web site when they can just about cope with the shipping of AES version to us crazy.

Because MVS is something they already have stuff on hand to support the sales of.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Looks like Fast Striker MVS is gone up in price a little to 399€. Also Gunlord MVS reprint is not for sale anymore.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Gunlord and Pink Bullets reprints have been gone for a few months. But the price increase on Fast Striker and Neo XYX reprints is under 24 hours old. Must be their last carts… And demand seems to be there despite all the anger on the internet. Otherwise they couldn't justify the increase.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
But the price increase on Fast Striker and Neo XYX reprints is under 24 hours old.

Wow, that sucks for me :annoyed:. Was waiting until pay day Friday to order Neo XYX. I guess I'll wait for a cheaper reprint or for someone on the forum to re-sell one down the line.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Main problem with that strategy is that a 2nd reprint is either questionable (otherwise the price increase wouldn't make sense at all except for angering definitely everyone of their customers) or they will do it at that exact price point (or more).

Also don't count on second hand copies, they tend to be even above those prices. There is still the DC option for the time being.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Those aren't reprints, but are leftovers from people who cancelled their preorders.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Then why would they call it reprints? Granted, only 6 copies of Neo XYX available sounds strange but so far they have always been very transparent which carts were leftovers from cancelled preorders and which were indeed reprints.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
How can you have a reprint when there isn't even a first print?

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Don't mean to be a n00b about these games, but who created them? And from what I'm hearing, I guess that they don't make a whole lot of the games either. Just curious since I have a slowly growing Neo-Geo collection!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Don't mean to be a n00b about these games, but who created them? And from what I'm hearing, I guess that they don't make a whole lot of the games either. Just curious since I have a slowly growing Neo-Geo collection!

Couple of German brothers who go by the name of NGDEV. http://ngdevteam.com/

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They don't make a lot of the neo ROM carts, but thankfully they do release their games in other, more recent, consoles.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
They don't make a lot of the neo ROM carts, but thankfully they do release their games in other, more recent, consoles.
Really just Dreamcast. They tried to get a Kickstarter going to put Gunlord on the 3DS + Wii U, but I don't think it went anywhere.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Fast Striker was released for the iPhone some time ago (minus the ability to shoot backwards), but the license has since expired and they never renewed it.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Man I just decided to look into this game, I'm to little too late but would have liked this for MVS.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Man I just decided to look into this game, I'm to little too late but would have liked this for MVS.

A little late twice, sadly. They just did a reprint that sold out a little while back. The good news is that the new run of MVS will be shipping sometime early next year (with a grain of salt, NG Dev is notorious, now, for their delays, but it'll be sometime next year) and when they do you can almost bet there will be a few that pop up in the market forum. I still have a reprint on order, but already picked up a standard edition here as well because the price was right. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my reprint. I may just sell it for what I paid when I get it. We'll see. I'm sure there will be others as well.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
These do pop up on ebay every now and then, but don't expect any good deals there.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
According to the latest newsletter, shipping of Fast Striker homecarts starts next week.

Dear customers,

this newsletter covers the following topics:

AES:

- NEO XYX AES LE
- Fast Striker AES

MVS:

- NEO XYX MVS update version 1.1

Dreamcast:

- NEO XYX Dreamcast
- Dreamcast newcomer bundle / reprints

**** NEO XYX AES LE ****

The remaining stock of NEO XYX AES (LE) is now available for pre order. It's limited to 50 units. Overall NEO XYX AES is limited to 150 units.

**** Fast Striker AES ****

Currently in production. We expect shipping to start next week.

**** NEO XYX MVS update version 1.1 ****

An update for NEO XYX MVS is now available by email request.

Changes:

- Improved sprite priority handling
- Improved yoko/horizontal mode (rotated icons and boss warning)
- Improved handling of DIP settings in CMVS setups.
- Several small fixes

**** NEO XYX Dreamcast ****

Development of the basic NEO XYX port to Dreamcast is completed.
We now work on the extra screen mode.

Goal is to release NEO XYX DC before the winter holidays.

**** Dreamcast newcomer bundle ****

There is a new Dreamcast newcomer bundle available consisting of:

NEO XYX Regular Edition for Dreamcast
Gunlord Regular Edition for Dreamcast [reprint]
Pink Bullets for Dreamcast [reprint]

Saving up to 15 EUR.

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=68

Pink Bullets and Gunlord reprints are available too.

Best regards,
NG : DEV. TEAM

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
"Fast Striker for NEOGEO AES starts shipping on November 25th" NG-DEV Team

s.m.f

n00b
That's exciting news. With a bit of luck it will arrive by the end of next week.