Fast Striker, a NEW Neo Geo vertizontal shooter from NG:Dev Team!

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
Finally my last NG: DEV game came today (Fast Striker JPN) and thankfully they do a very good job packaging these games. Take a look at this box:

Box.JPG

Luckily the game was unscathed because of the several layers of protection.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Finally my last NG: DEV game came today (Fast Striker JPN) and thankfully they do a very good job packaging these games. Take a look at this box:

View attachment 9446

Luckily the game was unscathed because of the several layers of protection.

I've received packages like that, and my heart sinks as soon as I see the box. Had a JAMMA board shipped from China that was packed well, but lost most of its packing peanuts thanks to a huge gash in the side of the box. Several components were damaged on the board and I was pissed. You're super lucky that the box took the brunt, because I would be hunting for someone to punch if my NG Dev stuff had been damaged en-route.

heres my US verson!

Attachments

• 20131220_002124.jpg
    20131220_002124.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 204
  • 20131220_002039.jpg
    20131220_002039.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • 20131220_002208.jpg
    20131220_002208.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
  • 20131220_001220.jpg
    20131220_001220.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 202

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
You got some bigger pics maybe? I can't see nothing on my 65 incher!:rolleyes:

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
heres my US verson!

You appear to have the same wrinkles in your insert that mine does:

i2FAO9a.jpg

This seems like a flaw in their cases that causes this. I asked NG:Dev for a new insert and they said they'd send me one. But I'm afraid a new one will just get wrinkled again due to the case.

Last edited:

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
You appear to have the same wrinkles in your insert that mine does:

i2FAO9a.jpg

This seems like a flaw in their cases that causes this. I asked NG:Dev for a new insert and they said they'd send me one. But I'm afraid a new one will just get wrinkled again due to the case.

Yes, I think too. When I receive Gunlord and Fast Striker, I hurry changed cases to original for protect wrinkles insert.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Yes, I think too. When I receive Gunlord and Fast Striker, I hurry changed cases to original for protect wrinkles insert.

i didnt have the chance to hurry and change cases since my gunlord and fastriker came wrinkled from the start!

Sounds like neither one of you is actually going to be playing these games (:crying: insertion marks :crying:). It's a shame because they're pretty good.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
You appear to have the same wrinkles in your insert that mine does.

Well, this sucks.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Some people really should reflect themselves and what they are doing. Games will always be meant to be played not to be stared at. I mean who cares if those inserts are a bit wrinkled.....? :rolleyes:

NeoGeoNinja

Some people really should reflect themselves and what they are doing. Games will always be meant to be played not to be stared at. I mean who cares if those inserts are a bit wrinkled.....? :rolleyes:
I'm afraid to tell you that these games carry a value. Any attempt to preserve that value really only aligns with logical thinking tbh. It's extremely fair to state that due to the limited quantity and staggered production of these games that the value has actually increased since said games have been delivered/received. Gunlord has just proven this recently, selling for TWICE the asking price.

I have Neo games and I have them to be played, but I still treat them with respect. However, I wouldn't be happy to pay £400 for a BRAND NEW NeoGeo game, only for the insert to be fucked up. I'd get it replaced too. You wouldn't pay £40,000 for a brand new car, only to have it delivered with a key line scratch all the way down one side and not say anything, just because you bought it to drive it...

pipes

I see nothing wrong with any of the pics above. I do see a bit of wrinkling as stated but nothing to lose sleep over. I can't imagine how you guys handle actual real life hardships.

Happy insertions boys!

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I see nothing wrong with any of the pics above. I do see a bit of wrinkling as stated but nothing to lose sleep over. I can't imagine how you guys handle actual real life hardships.

Happy insertions boys!

I'm absolutely with you. How can some tiny wrinkles be important when you plan to play it anyway. The insertion marks will kill the reeeeaaaaalll mintyness anyway. By the way comparing a new car to a video game is a bit strange.

I mean if the insert would be ripped or the case cracked or the cart label torn I could perfectly understand that BUT wrinkles. That is nuts.

NeoGeoNinja

The analogy is sound. £400 is a lot for a game vs the usual £40 for a modern retail title and £40,000 is a fair chunk of change for a car (more than your average £14k-£18k). Because of your inability to understand everything I wrote above, I'm sure you can at least relate it to a new car. Maybe a new TV? New furniture?

But not a brand new £400 video game...

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member

I personally don't care about the wrinkles. But I bought Fast Strikers almost two years ago. My life has changed a lot since then, so I've decided to not keep it. After paying $700 for it, it's a little tougher to sell it with those wrinkles in it.

I totally appreciate and get that NG:Dev is a two person team. But when you're selling $700 games to collectors, it bodes well to avoid sending them out with wrinkles in them. They are catering to a tough crowd.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I'm absolutely with you. How can some tiny wrinkles be important when you plan to play it anyway.

Most people who bought the AES version have no intention of playing it. That's what the $50 Dreamcast version is for.

pipes

Most people who bought the AES version have no intention of playing it. That's what the $50 Dreamcast version is for.

#1 reason why I will never own an AES. It belongs in a museum roped off behind glass.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I bought this on Dreamcast only recently, partly because I missed the boat on the MVS and AES versions, and partly because I probably couldn't afford them anyway.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'm afraid to tell you that these games carry a value. Any attempt to preserve that value really only aligns with logical thinking tbh. It's extremely fair to state that due to the limited quantity and staggered production of these games that the value has actually increased since said games have been delivered/received. Gunlord has just proven this recently, selling for TWICE the asking price.

I have Neo games and I have them to be played, but I still treat them with respect. However, I wouldn't be happy to pay £400 for a BRAND NEW NeoGeo game, only for the insert to be fucked up. I'd get it replaced too. You wouldn't pay £40,000 for a brand new car, only to have it delivered with a key line scratch all the way down one side and not say anything, just because you bought it to drive it...

These aren't investments, they're games. That being said, I get what you mean about reselling, but ask yourself this:

If you are going to resell, and a lot of people aren't they just horde, do you really think the perspective buyer is going to care about this?

If you do believe they'll care, do you think that will really detract from the value you'll get? Remember, there are limited quantities and beggars can't be choosers...

Not mention, they're almost all like this anyway. A "flaw" isn't really a flaw if every cart has it. Perfection is bullshit, and impossible to maintain or ever achieve. Just enjoy your stuff and hopefully you'll find some value in it, instead of just becoming a curator for the item's next owner.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

These aren't investments, they're games. That being said, I get what you mean about reselling, but ask yourself this:

If you are going to resell, and a lot of people aren't they just horde, do you really think the perspective buyer is going to care about this?

If you do believe they'll care, do you think that will really detract from the value you'll get? Remember, there are limited quantities and beggars can't be choosers...

Not mention, they're almost all like this anyway. A "flaw" isn't really a flaw if every cart has it. Perfection is bullshit, and impossible to maintain or ever achieve. Just enjoy your stuff and hopefully you'll find some value in it, instead of just becoming a curator for the item's next owner.
Okay. Just to offer my perspective on all this...

Firstly, I'm a games player. I own a home cart system and buy games for that system to play. I also like to keep them. I enjoy having a library of titles immediately at my fingertips. I'm not a completionist, so you won't see me with copies of Super Spy and Riding Hero on my shelves just to 'add' to what I have or to help 'complete' a collection. If anything, I find bloated collections the opposite; unsculpted, undefined and actual detracts from having an interesting selection of titles - regardless of volume.

I buy games to play them, but a byproduct of this hobby is that you end up amassing games you like, thus, the whole collecting aspect becomes involved.

I was lucky enough to get a copy of Fast Striker on home cart. First thing I did was have a look over the box art, flicked through the manual and fired that bad boy up. No messing. When I was done, I removed the cart, put it in the box and made a space for it on the shelf.

I didn't buy the game thinking of it as an investment. I still don't. I don't have any plans to sell it, ever tbh. I'm not suggesting it won't ever be sold, but I hope never to have to sell it. That's being realistic imo. The VERY same applies to all my other games I own. I bought them because I have a love of video games and the enjoyment and challenge they give me. Sometimes I resent the amount of money I have to outlay to acquire a game, but thinking about it's diminishable return or increase in value is never a big part of the equation for me. I won't deny though, that I am very aware that NeoGeo games hold their value over time, which makes the larger outlays seem less risky long-term, as I know that should I need to sell a game in the future, that I will most likely not lose a lot of money doing so and hopefully will at least break even.

£400 for one of these games (I believe) is actually MORE than what SNK were charging for official homecart releases back in the day. Nearly double. Simply, if my copy of my £400 game arrived with visual defections straight out of the box, I wouldn't be happy - looking to sell in the future or not. It's just the basic principle. personally, I like my belongings to be 'nice', but not necessarily perfect. All of my home carts (aside FS) are 2nd hand. All have insertion marks, fingerprints, some indents on some of the inserts, missing baggies etc. I don't mind as long as I enjoy them. They're 2nd hand after all. Like most here, I believe in playing my games but I also believe in respecting them and looking after them in a non-OCD realistic fashion.

This game is brand new and these defects shouldn't be present, even if said defects don't affect the desirability/future value of the item. Incidentally, the copies with the perfect inserts will undoutedly fetch a higher price in the future. You know what Euro sellers are like. They ask a fortune for shit copies and a bigger fortune for nicer copies ;)