Fallout 4 Official Thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You could also kill them in F1.
Especially hilarious with the bloody mess perk.
Had a couple of "kill everybody" runs back in the day.

I always took Bloody Mess in F2.

I hope in Fallout 4 that we get death animations that are more weapon specific.

Man, I kind of want to give Fallout: New Vegas a try again. I played maybe like 10 hours but just got bored.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I always took Bloody Mess in F2.

I hope in Fallout 4 that we get death animations that are more weapon specific.

Man, I kind of want to give Fallout: New Vegas a try again. I played maybe like 10 hours but just got bored.

Same, New Vegas just didn't appeal to me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You guys are crazy. New Vegas had some amazing weapons. I was going nuts with the Low Orbiting Satellite Cannon.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I enjoyed New Vegas almost as much as Fallout 3. It looked better, ran better and had TONS of awesome weapons.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Maybe not a better game, but it was as good as fallout 3.

The Sierra Madre add on was fantastic too. I enjoyed gambling and whoring on the old strip.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Maybe not a better game, but it was as good as fallout 3.

The Sierra Madre add on was fantastic too. I enjoyed gambling and whoring on the old strip.

Weapons are fun, but ultimately the story behind Fallout 3 was better. At least comparing the first few hours of gameplay anyway, because I was bored with New Vegas almost from the start.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm agreement with Ki.

For whatever reason New Vegas bored me after playing only around 10 hours. I liked a lot of the new features but it felt like more the same. It was lacking something, though admittedly, I didn't get too far in.

Which is odd considered I've played both Assassin's Creed 2 Ezio sequels. I think the substantial change-up in locations helped for me, though it's certainly a fair criticism to argue both those sequels were simply "more of the same."

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Weapons are fun, but ultimately the story behind Fallout 3 was better. At least comparing the first few hours of gameplay anyway, because I was bored with New Vegas almost from the start.

If you played new Vegas and tried to go north out of the first town, then yeah, that sucked. You'd get attacked by a giant monster. But if you still have the game, I suggest trying the exploit (delete your system data before starting it) and get your character to level 30 before even leaving the first town. The game is fun all the same, but if you're jacked then you can focus on the story and it will unfold faster.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I never played fallout NV but I did play through 3 several times. If this is official it will justifye buying a next gen system

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
3 better than NV?

Negro please.

I found the "looking for dad" plot to be weak...same with the complete lack of civilization. When megaton and rivet city were the best places to go besides countless ruins and never ending marauders...it got old. I feel they took the " complete devistation" too far in FO3, even FO 1&2 had more places to visit other than countless empty buildings or subways.

NV had better places to go, better add-ons (expansion packs), more in game RPG elements and the choice of factions was great.

In short...I'd like to nominate NV as the best PS3 Fallout title...thank you and good night...

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Weapons are fun, but ultimately the story behind Fallout 3 was better.

Yes, the story and setting wasn't quite as interesting as Fallout 3. But everything else was as good or superior. F3 was a 9/10 and New Vegas was a 8/10 (on a harsh scale; not one of those scales where a 7/10 is average).

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
If you played new Vegas and tried to go north out of the first town, then yeah, that sucked. You'd get attacked by a giant monster.

I just spent a few minutes trying to remember the first town in NV. It's been way too long. Time for some more of this shit.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I loved FO3 and you guys are making me want to pick up NV. I know it has to be dirt cheap at this point, was there ever like a GOTY edition with all the goodies in it? Or am I going to be chasing DLC?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just spent a few minutes trying to remember the first town in NV. It's been way too long. Time for some more of this shit.

Think about a trader holed up in a convenience store and a group of armed thugs demanding that the townsfolk turn him over. You can either turn him in or kill the thugs. This part is critical to exploiting a bug in the game to level up all the way within 2 hours.

VidyaGamez

Crossed Swords Squire
Super hyped for Fallout 4. Played New Vegas first, and love it. Played 3 recently and didn't like it as much, and I've been wanting to try Fallout 2 for a while now.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
To be fair, you didn't play enough of fnv to make a call on it.

True, I haven't played much of it... but it's the only Fallout game to date that I never could get interested in, which I think says something in itself. I dunno. *shrugs*

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
True, I haven't played much of it... but it's the only Fallout game to date that I never could get interested in, which I think says something in itself. I dunno. *shrugs*

I find this interesting (seriously, I really do).

I'm a much larger RPG fan than a FPS fan so although I found NV to have less of a plot, I found it to have more meat in terms of RPG elements and strategy. The faction element adds replay value as you can play the game through in different ways, rather than side quests in FO3, NV actually has different timeline streams depending on which side you decide to join.

It was something I chose not to do...but you can make the game even more involved with the survivor mode (or whatever its called) where you have to eat, drink and sleep. Seemed annoying to me, but others liked it...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Survivor mode was awesome. Dealing with radiation is great.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Man I can't wait for this to come out. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice since this won't be out for a while. I need to go back and play some of the DLC from Skyrim I never finished.

For those who haven't played FO3: It's on sale right now on XBLA for $7.50..... Although more than likely a used copy goes for around the same.