EVO2K4 3rd Strike Finals - Daigo VS Justin Wong - Oh my god...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Shotokan Karate is a very common and popular martial arts fighting style developed in Japan by Funakoshi Gichin in the 1920s based on several Kempo (Kung Fu) techniques that the Chinese brought to Okinawa.

"Shoto" was Funakoshi's nickname and means "whispering of the pine peaks", and although he wasn't happy about it, his dojo had been officially renamed to "Shotokan" in 1939 which was later on used as a name for his Karate fighting style.

In fighting game terms, "Shoto character" means an easy-to-use chara with typical Karate-style forward punches and kicks, and with quarter- or half-circle projectiles which resemble the focus on Ki of this technique. Because of the simplicity of most Shotos like Ryu, Ryo, Ken, etc., these characters are considered slightly cheap among competitive players.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Takumaji said:
Shotokan Karate is a very common and popular martial arts fighting style developed in Japan by Funakoshi Gichin in the 1920s based on several Kempo (Kung Fu) techniques that the Chinese brought to Okinawa.

"Shoto" was Funakoshi's nickname and means "whispering of the pine peaks", and although he wasn't happy about it, his dojo had been officially renamed to "Shotokan" in 1939 which was later on used as a name for his Karate fighting style.

In fighting game terms, "Shoto character" means an easy-to-use chara with typical Karate-style forward punches and kicks, and with quarter- or half-circle projectiles which resemble the focus on Ki of this technique. Because of the simplicity of most Shotos like Ryu, Ryo, Ken, etc., these characters are considered slightly cheap among competitive players.

Better.

Youkai

Hardened Shock Trooper
There used to be a Shotokan dojo in my hometown but it didn't last very long.

Youkai

Hardened Shock Trooper
Oh yeah seriously I was wondering,

If any one knows, what is K.O.'s real name?