Everdrives! Talk to me...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Black Friday Everdrive sale is just around the corner. Be prepared for a wait if you order on BF due to the high sales volume.

I wonder if the NeoSD will be discounted.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
What kind of deal do they usual cut for the everdrives and all that for black friday?
Are you talking about stone age gaming?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
What kind of deal do they usual cut for the everdrives and all that for black friday?
Are you talking about stone age gaming?

Krikkz usually does 30% off everything, I think Stone Age does as well. Last year when I ordered on BF, they arrived around New Years. Worth it for the discounts though

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Black Friday Everdrive sale is just around the corner. Be prepared for a wait if you order on BF due to the high sales volume.

I wonder if the NeoSD will be discounted.

I'm waiting for a black Friday deal on a Bandridge SCART switcher.

pva

Overtop Pathfinder
I've found the Everdrives a fantastic way to get acquainted with unfamiliar consoles and their game libraries, and to get into familiar consoles again after a long hiatus. Smokemonster's ROM packs have also taken practically all the work out of compiling working/verified romsets. Had flashcarts and full romsets been available in the early nineties, I'm sure I'd still be living in my mum's basement and doing nothing but playing games all day long!

One of the flashcarts I use the most is the Mega Everdrive X5 for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive, and while I haven't really missed save states, I was bummed to find out that unlike the X7, the X5 can't run Titan's Overdrive 2 demo. (Yeah, we Euro-types really like our demos.) Thankfully, they're planning to release it on physical carts soon, so the missing support isn't that much of a loss in the end. The X5 is also one of the few Everdrives that should be perfectly safe to use, because it has proper level translation.

Despite using flashcarts most of the time, I make an effort to buy homebrew releases every chance I get, because their developers deserve the support. (Please come up with AES reissues soon, NG:DEV.Team and Neobitz!)

Like the X5, the NeoSD has been a real blessing for a Neo Geo, ahem, neophyte such as myself, since most AES carts are currently well into silly money territory. I still plan to go full collectard and buy the games I wind up liking the best, because owning physical copies of games I like to play makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, even though the original developer won't get a penny from me, and I'd still probably be playing the games off the NeoSD because it's simply more convenient. (The same goes for music, vinyl records and streaming services, too.)