Evercade thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm torn as to which is worse; goobs having serious debates on the merits of that versus an Atari 2600+, or those with a raging erection and so excited they can't sit still over the fact they can poorly emulate side-loaded ROMs from the SD card.

My Arcade is the drizzling shits in everything, barely a notch above those dime-a-dozen unbranded pirate clone consoles.
These are the same people that bought every single fucking AtGames Flashback piece of shit. They don't have standards.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Super Pockets have been delayed about a month to November 14th. Just a shipping issue, nothing major. At least the truck didn't get stolen this time.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
NOT a good way to wrap up support for those that bought the original handheld there Blaze. Delphine is mostly broken, Flashback is the only one of the four that works, and apparently they were like, well, we told you so.

Loved the thing at first but honestly, now, just, no. Don't buy this shit, the support is beyond awful.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
NOT a good way to wrap up support for those that bought the original handheld there Blaze. Delphine is mostly broken, Flashback is the only one of the four that works, and apparently they were like, well, we told you so.

Loved the thing at first but honestly, now, just, no. Don't buy this shit, the support is beyond awful.

Do you mean 'not nice of Blaze' to release a Super Pocket handheld after people bought the EXP? I think the more expensive EXP offers enough extra's over the Super Pocket to make them stand apart.
What have you heard about the Delphine collection? Mine hasn't arrived yet.

famicommander

15 Year Member
New update is out. It adds TATE mode to the home console and an extra free hidden game to the EXP. The extra game is Fairy Fire, which was already one of the free games on the VS. To unlock it on either system you just go to the home screen and press the menu button 10 times.

famicommander

15 Year Member

What are you talking about? I tried those games on my original handheld and they work fine. When you start them up there's a message on the screen that says something like "in game saves disabled, use quicksaves from Evercade menu" but other than that I don't see a difference between them on the og and the EXP.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The other hidden game has been revealed. It's The Lost Mines, a 2022 indie MSX2 game that has been ported to run natively on the Evercade EXP and VS.

To unlock it all you do is go to the secret menu and type in blop

So you should have 8 hidden games unlocked on your EXP and 9 on your VS

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
What’s the point of hidden games? Do yiu have to unlock them every time you want to play them or you do it once and then it’s always available?

famicommander

15 Year Member
What’s the point of hidden games? Do yiu have to unlock them every time you want to play them or you do it once and then it’s always available?
There's a menu for them so when you've unlocked them you can just select them from there anytime.

The hidden thing is just a social media engagement thing. The games are free and come as part of firmware updates you need anyway. Periodically they will drop hints or coded messages on social media and from those people figure out and share the way to unlock the games. I think also part of the reason they're hidden is because they work on the Evercade EXP and VS units, but not the original handheld or upcoming Super Pocket. So they don't want to advertise games that half their userbase doesn't have access to.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Playing Dracula tonight on Lynx collection. I had this when it came out for my Lynx and I forgot how visually impressive it was for the time. I've never finished it but now that I have save states I am gonna try.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Playing Dracula tonight on Lynx collection. I had this when it came out for my Lynx and I forgot how visually impressive it was for the time. I've never finished it but now that I have save states I am gonna try.

I thought I'd just give it the ol' college try but with save states. But no, I'm using an FAQ to finally finish this mofo 20+ years later. I refuse to get the bad ending.

IMG_20231103_212546.jpg

Well, that was....lackluster

Last edited:
  • keke
Reactions: jro

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Printing out gamefaqs?

Was that photo taken from 2004?

I wanted to make the whole experience retro. Actually, I was going to my place that's sorta' off-grid with no interwebs or cel signal and wanted to play there.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I’ve had my Capcom Super Pocket for a little while now and I’m enjoying it.
I completed Full Void (a short game) and I’ve started Alwa’s Awakening.
The screen is small but it’s bright and sharp. I’ve had no trouble there.

But I have had mixed results.
Ghouls n’ Ghost plays great but Forgotten Worlds is almost unplayable. I cannot reliably use those triggers to rotate. If only there was button mapping. That’s a huge miss on Blaze’s part.
Tate games are soooo small.
I used ear buds and the lowest vol level is OK but I would go lower if I could.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I went with the Taito. The Capcom model doesn't have any games that aren't already on the EXP, which is definitely more built for those games.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Oh snap! VS Atomic Edition just shipped

And a shoutout to @famicommander for encouraging me to snag an EXP, it's really turned out to be a very enjoyable console. WHO KNEW?! I was fully on the GOOBercade bandwagon at first, but now I am a fan.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I know it's not exclusively Evercade, but Good boy Galaxy is damn fine. Highly recommend.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think I’m about done with this system. They haven’t released anything I’ve cared about since the Irem and Toaplan arcade carts, and while I’m sure someone is excited about these c64 games it’s not for me. Most of the interesting indie games seem to be Genesis games and I could play them there.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
After reading some reviews for it and seeing a small discount on Amazon, I caved and got an EXP last week. The jump in quality is pretty striking for the most part.

I had forgotten how easy it is to accidentally back out of the long-ass opening (and unskippable) cut-scene in Another World, lord that was a strange design decision even in those days.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Enjoying Demons of Asteborg. Love that you can get both games on a $20 cart.

Yoshi

20 Year Member

I was excited for about 30-seconds for Galaxy Fight until someone reminded me there was a PS1 version.