Did you ever get fired?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Yeah. Once my dad fired me from my first job as a yardguy at the VFW he worked at when i was like 15 lol.

As far as real occupations go, yeah. I had just gotten married, and got hired at this place that made hollow metal doors in the engineering department (as data entry, not an engineer. I not smRt enuf to do engineering). It was run by a bunch of Mexican dudes and they fired me because they thought I was white.

To be clear - I may be a Mexican badass, but I look like a white pudgy zeta. I took it up with the local Workforce commission but nothing ever came of it. Sucks too, I had quit my then-job at Walmart making a bangin' $5.88 an hour to work at this place.

For $6.00 an hour. Worked two weeks, canned.
Canned by a company that makes hollow metal. You should have seen that coming.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
No but sort of, they made my role redundant as a way to fire me which I thought was nice of them. At the time my 18yo self thought it was a big deal but in hindsight I'm glad they did.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Yeah, once, years ago. It was a contract job with shit pay and essentially no benefits, good riddance. 🖕

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I worked at a print shop in college and fucked up a job on the cutter - boss started yelling at me and I just walked out. Closest I've been...layoffs count?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Only once, 11 years ago. Medical IT job. Boss was a tremendous asshole that almost everyone hated and created a hostile work environment. Wanted me gone so they used some ticky tacky bullshit as an excuse. Did the same thing with a couple others soon after.

What made it really awful is it happened one month after I had bought by first house. Put every last cent into it. That was a really, really rough year.

While the timing sucked ass, they did me a favor in hindsight. The toxic culture and absolutely inhumane on-call routine was hurting me both physically and mentally. Some weeks I got eight hours of sleep for the whole damn week. No mercy.

I had a job where my contract wasn't renewed back in 2020 (also medical IT, go figure), but that was just because I was making a lot of money though the contract and onboarding me as an internal employee would have "officially" put my pay way over my peers. Not the least bit surprised it happened. Fine with me though, got the job I'm at now a month later where I'm doing well.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
My friend got me a job with him at Dominos Pizza in high school. I got fired my first 30 minutes on the job because a single pizza fell off the bake rack, and onto the floor. After the lady fired me, I told her their pizza is trash anyway, and that I'd be by next week to get my 30 min paycheck.

butthurt coconut

Zero's Secretary
I've only been fired from one job.... when I worked at a vinyl signage warehouse.... They replaced me with a machine....

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I shouldn't do this but I can't help it.

At 4:45 pm one day, my boss (who can already go fuck himself) says hey do you have a minute?

I said yeah whatever I suppose.

Went in the conference room and he said hey, um, this is hard [direct fucking ridiculously not quote] but I'm eliminating your position (our Council REALLY hated paying execs at fair rate, cut one would be great!). Gonna pay you out for the next six months if that's okay with you per the agreement that's on the table, hope that you'll sign and return by tomorrow at eight.

[motherfucker hands me contract]

UM, fuck you. [I'll review this shit on my time and get back to you but yeah, I want that $ payout, fuck you.]

Uhhhhmmmm, okay. Give me a day to look this over. The language literally said "one week from today" and then motherfucker went and said well, it needs to be tomorrow.

Note, here, that he got fired by council within a year and several of them asked why TF I was no longer on staff and available to to appointed. LOL.

And THAT'S how I got a nice payout from a terrible job/boss and well, yeah, I'm retired until further notice.

YES this is a weird place to put this. Also roker ONLY (OANLEY) fucks the crazy successful ladies. I got the latter part down.

Padum padum! [fucking Kylie Minogue jeebus the woman is ageless most people'd be dead by now]

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
FUCK YEAH bro. I got that first, then watched the movie. Then went WTF is people up in arms about, she's a great actress.

Also she was apparently very much into the JCVD weiner.

TBF she's talented as fuck and also a cancer survivor. Props.

edit yet again I have no control: love Cammy in SF6. Not very good as her, but she's my third-favorite character currently.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Used to work in a very, very cutthroat field. Meeting your heroes is often not so good.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
JRO is getting all the hearts in eyes emojis today.

But jro there are no more heroes. Be your own hero. #jro4life

• Eggplant
Reactions: jro

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Maybe, I dunno Travis Touchdown has a score for you/me?

:devilish:

:devilish:

WTF is even this emoji?

'sage, you know I love you. Addicted to your touch, I feel the rush.

Yeah I should stop.

CANT.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
SI

A

DAVID GEEEETTTTAAAAAAA

shopping amazon

okeeees fuck

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'm sure this thread has been done before, but if it was ten years ago there could be 3, maybe 4 new members since then, so we'll do it again.

I got fired twice, once as a 15 year old for refusing to clean oil stains on a car park with a shovel, and once for whistleblowing on a marketing director who asked me to manipulate the figures on the results of his TV ad campaign, for a company that went bust less than a year later.

Shoot.
'K, 3/4 member that's like once per 30 years. Good at math.

Like, did you jerk off on the seat then try to pass it off as new? I have NEVER heard of anyone doing that. On a Ford.

Ever.

Ever ever. the fuck is this thread even about? Jesus.

It's about Jesus.

My old boss' stepdaughter was going to make him take him to a Halsey show.

He did indeed get fired.

Nothing against Halsey.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have not, but i imagine it has to be one of the biggest gut punches in life.
Sometimes, I think it would be nice to have a comfy government job where your chances of being fired are near zero. Pay sucks, but you get a pension. I have several friends that took that path. they have zero career motivation. Must be nice.