Diablo 3

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
100% extra EXP for the holidays PC and Console...

I want the next patch and season 2 to start...

Excellent! I got my Season 1 Crusader to Paragon 200 tonight due to the buff. I'm ready for Season 2, I'm thinking I'll roll a Wizard.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
The game plays with a bit too much lag for me to even attempt Hardcore. I love perma death games, but mostly prefer the roguelike genre for that sort of thing. (Brogue, Sil, NetHack, Tome4)

I have got my seasonal to paragon 110 now. I finally got the treasure goblin realm and am now upgrading a Boon of the Hoarder gem.

Fantastic GAME! I love playing it casually with Skype open or listening to a D&D podcast. Just popping bad guys and playing the slot machine!

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
My wife hopped on last night to play some D3 and should could barely find any players. This common nowadays? People still playing?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
My wife hopped on last night to play some D3 and should could barely find any players. This common nowadays? People still playing?

The numbers are definitely lower overall right now. Season 1 will be wrapping up soon, and there hasn't been a content patch for a while. Once Season 2 starts and 2.12 comes out the population will upswing again.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Season 2 is confirmed to start now early than February :(

I'm waiting for the next patch.

No interest by me in seasonal. I'm still rolling with the Monk I started shortly after release.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I put too much time into standard and didn't care much for Season 1. I have 2 in there but they are not very high level. Starting fresh might be fine for some, especially if you have others to play with. For me it isn't that great because the gear really sucks. If I start a new char in standard, then they can maybe use some of the leftover stuff I have in my stash. Its what I have to look toward when Season 1 ends, and my two chars get to have the good stuff.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
I've been having a blast with Seasonal. It got the point where with our 70's we could boost someone's level 1 character to max in less than an hour. With the 100% bonus weekend we did it in a record 40 min. (The level one person makes a game and puts it on T6. The Lvl. 70s join and then do bounties. Save the poppers until you're all level 70 and it's well worth it.)

I can't wait for Season 2. I've got about 220 hours into D3 now and damage at 850,000 and rising with my Pet Doctor.. so addicted.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks like a patch rolled out today for console users. Three new treasure goblins to hunt for now, also not odd that the goblins now look like goblins on the mini map instead of yellow dots.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Man, I took a few weeks off after my hardcore demon hunter died at 63.... so close to getting that level 70 trophy too. Demon hunter sucks. Wizard FTW.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Man, I took a few weeks off after my hardcore demon hunter died at 63.... so close to getting that level 70 trophy too. Demon hunter sucks. Wizard FTW.

I feel you man, I'm at lvl 58 with a witch doctor right now. Don't want to lose it lol.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
I had JUST BUILT a marauders based Demon Hunter a few days ago. I'm changing to a lightning ball build and will try to salvage it, but MAN that nerf was rough.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Changes to the Monkey King's Garb set really buffed my Monk.

I need some new gear, I'm still rocking a full Inna's set (lvl 60) - I just love having all 4 Mantras at once.

It's double XP for ps3/360 this weekend and Double Treasure Goblins for the other platforms.

I can't wait to get a legendary item.

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
I feel you man, I'm at lvl 58 with a witch doctor right now. Don't want to lose it lol.
Anyone play barbarian? I wanna know if they are still "spin to win"? Kinda want to just plow through hardcore mode at this point and not deal with ranged combat as I have with the demon hunter and wizard. I might just go full on melee and keep the difficulty level down until I hit 70.

Fritz

15 Year Member
Anyone play barbarian? I wanna know if they are still "spin to win"? Kinda want to just plow through hardcore mode at this point and not deal with ranged combat as I have with the demon hunter and wizard. I might just go full on melee and keep the difficulty level down until I hit 70.

Sadly no. Your options are the reakors set which lets you spam furious charge, or the earth set which with lut socks let you spam earthquake. Whirlwind in its current state is useless in higher rifts. Good news is that a WW set will be indroduced in a future content patch. I believe it was announced at blizzcon.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Sadly no. Your options are the reakors set which lets you spam furious charge, or the earth set which with lut socks let you spam earthquake. Whirlwind in its current state is useless in higher rifts. Good news is that a WW set will be indroduced in a future content patch. I believe it was announced at blizzcon.

Thanks, I'm primarily interested in getting to 70 in one piece on hardcore. Does WW do a fairly good job at crowd control at easier difficulties or is that reserved for earthquake? My runs typically do not involve sockets and just a quick run through the main storyline to get most of my levels.

Fritz

15 Year Member
Thanks, I'm primarily interested in getting to 70 in one piece on hardcore. Does WW do a fairly good job at crowd control at easier difficulties or is that reserved for earthquake? My runs typically do not involve sockets and just a quick run through the main storyline to get most of my levels.

It is definitely more useful on lower difficulties but still not my prefered choice. On HC i would leap in pop ignore pain and unload my fury, spamming hammer or the ancients or seismic slam then get out. If you really like ww you can make it work on your way to 70.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Season 2 is live!

I've finally ventured into Hardcore territory. I can already feel the loss...

I rolled a S2 HC Wizard.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My friend and I are running Demon Hunters for Season 2.

Any tips or fun dual demon hunter strategies?

I'm enjoying the change in playstyle as I've been rolling the same Monk since D3 came out, playing on and off - have aout 400 hours in that damn Monk, most of it pre-paragon, pre-Loot 2.0, pre-RoS...

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Awesome. I'm going to roll a Demon Hunter as well. Last time my friends and I did the crazy auto turret build before the big patch that changed everything. Super excited to play some Diablo III, but won't have much time to do it. I'll post cool build/gear stuff if I find it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It happened in the zone right before you fight Malthael (name escapes me). Real narrow areas and got caught by a waller/jailer/reflect damage/etc/etc/etc/etc. I was playing real stupidly, too. After a few hours you sort of go on auto-pilot and forget that you're even playing hardcore (at least I do). I have 3 other seasonal hardcore characters I'm working on now, so I'm going to (slowly) divide my time between them.