Diablo 3

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Puzzle Ring is a FUN item to use if you're goofing around.

You can gamble for Legendary items from Kadala by spending blood shards.

It's how I got the a couple of items from Inna's set and from another Monk Set.

Just spend all your bloodshards on a single item type until you get the specific item you're looking for. It'll take awhile.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Puzzle Ring is a FUN item to use if you're goofing around.

You can gamble for Legendary items from Kadala by spending blood shards.

It's how I got the a couple of items from Inna's set and from another Monk Set.

I'm scraping around for the firebird set. I tried T3 today... got my ass handed to me... T2 is my limit with the equipment I have so far. Don't have enough flawless imperial gems and permanent equipment to use yet. I did find Vyr's unwavering glare today though and another RRoG and the gloves of worship! I only ran 1 act II bounty and that's what I scored from it... what luck! More bounty running for a while. I gained almost 20 paragon levels today. Also entered greed's lair for the second time. I have to remember to remove my weapon. I killed her too quickly and did not get a chance to just kill the treasure goblins that pop out when she hit the wall, LOL.

Just spend all your bloodshards on a single item type until you get the specific item you're looking for. It'll take awhile.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm running Torment v now with a buddy.

Soooo much easier to get a Hellfire Ring/Amulet.

We got the organs to drop first time on two of the ubers. Other two we only had to fight twice.

My Hellfire Amulet I just got is shit. First one, oh well at least I got the achievement.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
At some point, I'm going to consider running a hardcore character. Does the hardcore level equate to any difficulty level that we can normally play through? I'm wondering this because with the paragon levels, I'm thinking it may be easier to level up my characters as well as endure the difficulties of the game with paragon points to allocate. Also want to start trucking through the other characters and try to get the trophy for all 6 level 70's.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
So, I just started playing last week... Finally got a copy, and have been playing with a friend locally... I start the game up... and Kid Panda has sent me a weapon of dealing massive death. Thanks, Panda!

Not sure if anyone else is still playing this, as I'm really late to the party, but if so send a friend request on PSN to RabbitTroopSux.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So, I just started playing last week... Finally got a copy, and have been playing with a friend locally... I start the game up... and Kid Panda has sent me a weapon of dealing massive death. Thanks, Panda!

Not sure if anyone else is still playing this, as I'm really late to the party, but if so send a friend request on PSN to RabbitTroopSux.

Yea I saw there was a item for you so I sent on over. I'm still playing, yesterday I started a hardcore character. Got to lvl 19 and then died. I was very ill. I've got a lvl 41 paragon demon hunter and also working on a, I "think" a lvl 20 wizard. I play on expert so if you ever want to party together, just send me an invite if you see me on.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I play on PC, maybe a couple times a week. Tis hockey season and all, gotta have priorities.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yep, still playing on PC on and off. Got my crusader dealing 785,000 dmg without any buffs. There's still room for growth but he's reaching his limit.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yep, still playing on PC on and off. Got my crusader dealing 785,000 dmg without any buffs. There's still room for growth but he's reaching his limit.

Damn that's pretty good, I think my base on my demon hunter is like 600k, critical a sometimes hit 1.9mil

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I find DH makes up for a lot with attack speed, especially dual one-handed.

It's a shame the game doesn't connect cross platform. It's be cool to run with some of you console fellas.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
At some point, I'm going to consider running a hardcore character. Does the hardcore level equate to any difficulty level that we can normally play through? I'm wondering this because with the paragon levels, I'm thinking it may be easier to level up my characters as well as endure the difficulties of the game with paragon points to allocate. Also want to start trucking through the other characters and try to get the trophy for all 6 level 70's.

Paragon points cannot be used on a hardcore character. It's like it's a different game altogether. You can't change difficulty mid game either. I started another hardcore character last night after losing the crusader yesterday. I don't like the crusader AT ALL. I'm going through with a witch doctor and am having a blast. Should have a lvl 70 hardcore character by next week.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Paragon points cannot be used on a hardcore character. It's like it's a different game altogether. You can't change difficulty mid game either. I started another hardcore character last night after losing the crusader yesterday. I don't like the crusader AT ALL. I'm going through with a witch doctor and am having a blast. Should have a lvl 70 hardcore character by next week.
Yes, I realized that when I started up a week ago. Kind of surprised, but it's ok, it is hardcore afterall! I'm working on a hardcore demon hunter right now, just hit level 30. I haven't had any issues with difficulty so far (but on normal)... wish I had started on expert now that I know the ins and outs of the game.

I'm on PSN (Zendor118) if you guys want to play one day... usually only on at nights for an hour or two. For normal play, I'm a wizard (Paragon 162). I'm going for the plat on this one so I'll be playing for some time. I only have the hardcore character and the wizard, so I could start up a character at any point and jump in with you guys.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So I just lost my lvl 69 witch doctor on hardcore. I'm surprised I'm not more furious about it. Gonna take a break for a bit. So close to the trophy too :(

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Picked up the Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3 a few weeks ago.
Hit me up on PSN. HokutoKaioh

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So I just lost my lvl 69 witch doctor on hardcore. I'm surprised I'm not more furious about it. Gonna take a break for a bit. So close to the trophy too :(

My sympathies, I know them feels *hugs*.

While I haven't ventured into D3 hardcore, the day I lost my lvl 89 hardcore Sorc in D2 it was an empty day. I stared at the screen for about a minute, I don't think I was breathing; total shock.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

Yeah it always stings a little. I've lost a couple 60s so far. It's always easier if you have back ups.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I am waiting until the next patch before putting any more time in. I have somewhat of a love hate relationship with D3. It is bit frustrating since at the base level Diablo 3 is a very fun game with smooth gameplay and design, interesting classes/skills and some cool story set pieces. Everything is in place from a design standpoint they have just dropped the ball in some key aspects.

After the initial rush of finding some set pieces wore off, I realized the itemization is still rather stagnate and you are pigeon holed into specific builds/items. Sets that prioritize a singular skill exacerbated that issue. I was never a big fan of greater rifts, just increasing monster damage by X is a rather lazy fix to a "lack of endgame" which in it's own right is a bit funny since this is an ARPG. Now to combat that issue they are releasing Ancient items aka increase the effectiveness of existing items by X in the next patch.

Another annoyance is you are punished (loot drops) for playing regular acts/quests and NOT doing rifts which I find fucking asinine. It is also very ironic as if you will remember the nephalam stacks (long since removed) were initially implemented to force people away from running the areas over and over.

All this bitching and moaning is from someone who has sunk way too many hours into this game, so most of the above issues are moot if you have not put 100+ hours into the game.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I bought this game .. looked amazing and fun... played it for a week .. scrapped it .. what a waste of money and time.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Especially half-wits.

Picked up the console version yesterday while it was on sale. Really, really impressed with the console integration.

The console controls work really well and the flow of the game feels quicker.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I agree. It's interesting how much of a difference pointing and clicking with a mouse is over pressing a button on a controller to attack. It feels more action-oriented, and in an odd way, more rewarding. Kicking back on a couch isn't too bad, either. I was really worried about this purchase (why I waited for the sale), and I must say my worries weren't warranted at all.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
100% extra EXP for the holidays PC and Console...

I want the next patch and season 2 to start...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Oh man, a lvl 65 monk HC character died today. I've got to take a break from this game.