Diablo 3

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Amazing, just amazing. Got home from work and immediately jumped into a party with a couple friends for a few hours, then I played a couple more solo. The game is gorgeous, the gameplay is fast, and the loot...oh that sweet loot. I got my first legendary just before logging off for the night.

If only I didn't need sleep. :(

Amazing, just amazing. Got home from work and immediately jumped into a party with a couple friends for a few hours, then I played a couple more solo. The game is gorgeous, the gameplay is fast, and the loot...oh that sweet loot. I got my first legendary just before logging off for the night.

If only I didn't need sleep. :(

Dude you don't sleep after getting a legendary. It's like a slot machine, you just got it warmed up for someone else.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wait till you get your first set item, and then another from the same set and experience a two-piece buff.

The emerald green is truly satisfying. It's like the Leprechaun's haul at the end of a rainbow.

Yeah, I'm a geek for this game.

Magician

20 Year Member
How much should I care about what my blacksmith trains for?

I'm assuming rings and amulets are more important than weapons and armor.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
How much should I care about what my blacksmith trains for?

I'm assuming rings and amulets are more important than weapons and armor.

It's nice to pump out some random gear for your companions as they level up. Plus, when you make a new character you can quickly gear up at the smith if you want. It's convenient but certainly not necessary unless you want some of the craft only legendary items in the later game, although from my experience, the craftable legendaries for the most part are junk.

Magician

20 Year Member
It's nice to pump out some random gear for your companions as they level up. Plus, when you make a new character you can quickly gear up at the smith if you want. It's convenient but certainly not necessary unless you want some of the craft only legendary items in the later game, although from my experience, the craftable legendaries for the most part are junk.

Good to know, thanks cannonball.

I'm about ten hours in, about halfway through Act II. I've received about half a dozen legendary drops at this point. It must be a world's difference from PC vanilla D3. I remember hearing horror stories of some people not seeing their first legendary drop until 100+ hours in...back then.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Yes exactly. Originally, i think I only got legendaries from the Auction House. They certainly fixed the drop rate, I think on average you get 1 legendary or set item per hour, which is great! But so far I have not gotten a set drop, except for plans.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Good to know, thanks cannonball.

I'm about ten hours in, about halfway through Act II. I've received about half a dozen legendary drops at this point. It must be a world's difference from PC vanilla D3. I remember hearing horror stories of some people not seeing their first legendary drop until 100+ hours in...back then.

Yeah, I think I had 1 legendary drop through playing two characters from 1-60 when the game first came out. It was horrible.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Just turned off the anti-aliasing on my PC and the textures looks SO much better. Don't know why I had that box ticked for so long.

I'm on to Torment 2 now with my Crusader. Still finding a steady stream of cool items, but mostly playing online. I found my low DPS makes the solo experience kind of lame.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm trying to figure out my Pet build for my Witch Doctor.

I'm using Mask of Jeram (+78% pet damage) and Tall Man's Finger (summon one dog combined instead of three) and passive skills Zombie Handler (1 extra zombie dog) and Midnight Feast (1 extra zombie dog and all dogs 50% dmg).

So that is five dogs as one Gargantuan dog. It's been crit hitting for about 20mil and I can solo T4.

Pretty happy with the build so far but it needs a lot more fine tuning.

CL4P-TP

n00b
Picked up the Ultimate Evil Edition for Xbox One and I am really enjoying it. I started a Crusader and have mostly played online since single player just seems boring
I put about 15 hours in Diablo 3 and PC but it just felt like a chore to play where as this version is constantly giving me reasons to keep playing such as loot or seeing what the next level up will unlock.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Picked up the Ultimate Evil Edition for Xbox One and I am really enjoying it. I started a Crusader and have mostly played online since single player just seems boring
I put about 15 hours in Diablo 3 and PC but it just felt like a chore to play where as this version is constantly giving me reasons to keep playing such as loot or seeing what the next level up will unlock.

The game was kind of terrible before Loot 2.0. I put 60 hours into vanilla Diablo and then just dropped it. I started again when the implemented 2.0 on the PC (just before the RoS launch) and preordered the expansion. I can't wait for the third expansion (or next game ...)

Having way too much fun with Diablo right now. I may pick it up if I get a PS4 (with Destiny).

Magician

20 Year Member
Alright, I finished up campaign on hard difficulty today. I'm really enjoying this lightning wizard I've rolled. Now I'm playing adventure mode on expert for the xp boost and gearing for torment one difficulty. Am I correct in assuming difficulty doesn't add an additional magic find bonus until torment difficulty?

Edit: P.S. - The console version has to be tweeked differently somehow. I've level 63 with 149k attack and crits nearing 600k. I'm pretty sure I'm not using optimal gear either, with just a few garbage legendaries and assorted rares. How does this compare to PC at this point? Am I ahead or behind the curve I wonder? I know there's room for alot of improvement.

The looting continues...and I love it.

P.P.S. - I want to rip through torment like this someday...only with lightning. (bzzzzzt, lol)

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm about to start on this game for my PS4. Does this game allow restat'ing? Only reason I ask is that if it does not, I'll have to plan out ahead how I want to allot my stats instead of playing the game over several times with the same character to figure out what works best overall.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm about to start on this game for my PS4. Does this game allow restat'ing? Only reason I ask is that if it does not, I'll have to plan out ahead how I want to allot my stats instead of playing the game over several times with the same character to figure out what works best overall.

I see where you're coming from.

In relation to skills, you do not put points into them as you did in D2. So no, there is no permenency in points. Play away, build you character and play around with different build types.

Magician

20 Year Member
Newly minted level 70 softcore character here, 250k damage and 1.6m defense. Now I'm looking at databases to line up which legendaries I should be hunting for. Everything I've read suggests that the rings Stone of Jordan and Ring of Royal Grandeur are the the two most desired items in the game, good for any class or build. I think once I've popped the trophy for a level 70 legendary in every slot I'll roll a different character and class.

Magician

20 Year Member
345k damage, 3m defense

9 of my 13 slots are equipped with legendaries, although none of them are what I have on my hunting list. I'm still getting a handle on stat priority on equipment. I'm assuming the order is: main stat > crit chance > crit damage > damage. I get the feeling my defense is higher than necessary.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You're running Wizard yeah?

I have zero experience running a Wiz but yeah, your defense seems exceptionally high.

Magician

20 Year Member
You're running Wizard yeah?

I have zero experience running a Wiz but yeah, your defense seems exceptionally high.

Yup, Wizard. I believe the problem is that I have too many defensive bonuses on my offensive gear. From what I understand my weapon, hand, rings, and amulet should all have the trifecta. I try to have atleast main stat and crit chance on everything, but crit damage and damage have been a little tougher to come by.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Yup, Wizard. I believe the problem is that I have too many defensive bonuses on my offensive gear. From what I understand my weapon, hand, rings, and amulet should all have the trifecta. I try to have atleast main stat and crit chance on everything, but crit damage and damage have been a little tougher to come by.

Yeah you're on the right track. The name of the game is stacking crit chance, crit damage, and +% damage for abilities or elements that you use in your build IMO.
Remember to use that gypsy lady to re-roll stats.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

I'm pretty sure you can top 1 million damage. I don't have anything handy (My highest lvl is 58) but I'm on a Diablo 3 forum so I can see some other player's builds. Here is a wizard that does 700k:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ashaex-1116/hero/30293589

You can see 2 common things on that gear. Crit and Cold %. That wizard is using cold skills, so the + to Cold % is important in bringing that damage up.

Magician

20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure you can top 1 million damage. I don't have anything handy (My highest lvl is 58) but I'm on a Diablo 3 forum so I can see some other player's builds. Here is a wizard that does 700k:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ashaex-1116/hero/30293589

You can see 2 common things on that gear. Crit and Cold %. That wizard is using cold skills, so the + to Cold % is important in bringing that damage up.

Yup, I have a solid idea on how to increase my damage. I would just like to clear the trophy for all level 70 legendaries slotted before going back to crafting what I truely need. I wonder why the crafting system gets so much flak? I suppose everyone would rather hunt the legendaries, spend their gold on combining gems, and rerolling primary stats with the Enchantress.

Serious though, I think I spent 1 million gold to make one level 17 (or 18?) gem last night. Yikes.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I haven't really played on the new patch. I've been addicted to PoE lately. But thought I'd stop by and add this. I have 1.1 million fire dps with 2.7 mil toughness. http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/zapperkhan-1244/Zapperkhan/1530959 Getting your crit to 50% and spamming crit hit damage is the best way to get that number up. Asheara's 3 piece is a really common set pattern and an easy boost to toughness. After than you just have to pray to rngesus.

Magician

20 Year Member
I popped the "all level 70 legendaries slotted" trophy last night. So I put the Wizard on the shelf and rolled a softcore Monk. Ugh, definitely a change of pace. One that's really not to my liking either. I wonder if I've spoiled myself by starting with a Wizard?

When I get home from work I think I'll go back to ranged and roll a hardcore Witch Doctor.