Diablo 3

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I was wondering if set items drop or not. The only set items I've gotten so far are recipes.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I was wondering if set items drop or not. The only set items I've gotten so far are recipes.

I had a set item drop in torment I, but it was a ilvl 60. Not sure about the set items of higher level.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I had a set item drop in torment I, but it was a ilvl 60. Not sure about the set items of higher level.

Ok. Since I just started playing again, my chars are below clvl 60 and only made it to Hard (heh heh) mode.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'm getting back into Diablo. The Adventure mode is really speaking to me.

I'm on the neo-geo group - I have a wizard at 70 able to do Torment 1 (barely) and a Crusader I'm getting close to that level.

Let's PLAY!

cannonball

15 Year Member
I haven't played in a few months but I'm getting the itch again. I have a few lvl 70s on the hardcore server if anyone wants to do some rifts or bounties just msg me in battle.net client: skink#1157 profile

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I haven't tried out Adventure Mode yet. I'm still just sticking to campaign.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Just twelve more days....

I haven't played a dungeon crawler since Sacred 2 back in 08'.

I loved that buggy mess of a game, and I imagine I'll love the Blizzard-polished D3 even more.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Adventure mode is pretty great. Once I unlocked it, I found myself never going back to campaign.

In the same boat. I really don't feel like playing campaign anymore.

I hope that the next expansion (I think they're making one) has another cool mode like Adventure Mode.

I found the rifts cool for gear and the bounties good for XP. Is that true?

cannonball

15 Year Member
In the same boat. I really don't feel like playing campaign anymore.

I hope that the next expansion (I think they're making one) has another cool mode like Adventure Mode.

I found the rifts cool for gear and the bounties good for XP. Is that true?

I didn't notice much about XP, but I was focused more on blood shards because I was spending all my time last I played playing the gambling game with the vendor trying to get a specific witch doctor legendary head piece, so I was doing rifts. Rifts give more shards, bounties give access to rifts, and the bounty specific legendary items that can appear in the horadric cache you get for completing them.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

It is implied in the victory movie after you beat RoS that Tyrael fears the champion (aka your character) will be the villian in the future. It sounds weird and wonder how they would do that.

Anyways, the Crusader is quickly becoming my third favorite.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Thank you for the replies. I'm going to have to delve further into the crafting. I'm working on getting my Crusader up to 70.
Any recommended builds? I should be at 70 by next weekend.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I'm new on the Crusader, but something around Smite is what I'm looking at.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I'm new on the Crusader, but something around Smite is what I'm looking at.

I had a lot of fun with smite and blessed hammer w/ thunderstruck rune. I have no idea now though as I think a bunch of changes have been made since I last played.
I thought crusader was a bit weak at launch.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Thank you for the replies. I'm going to have to delve further into the crafting. I'm working on getting my Crusader up to 70.
Any recommended builds? I should be at 70 by next weekend.

Crusader builds are kind of dependent (like other builds in D3) on RNG and what weapons/items you luck out and get to drop. Fist of the Heavens using the 1H flail Darklight is very popular and what I am using now. Using the Firestarter rune for Akarats Champion means you can output some serious DoT damage if you stack enough attacks, ie over 50-60 million damage a tick. You also want your Cooldown reduction to be as high as possible, 40+ with over 50 being optimal, since a fast cooldown means you can not only keep up perma Akarats champion but also reduce the rest of your timer spells by around 50%.

If you manage to find the 2H flail Fate of the Fell you can go for the Heavens Fury Build, which I havent tried out but is also very popular and puts are some nice damage with healing.

As Cannonball mentioned the blessed hammer thunderstruck build is fun, even more so if you find schaefer's hammer which gives you not only + elemental damage but also a hard hitting lighting damage proc. I was using that build on T4 rifts for a while and had a blast. It doesn't quite hold up to the optimal builds in T6 sadly.

Again though, you will want to have as much CDR as possible. If you have the Augilds, Born and Captain Crimson sets you can get around 40% CDR combining those. Born Chest + Shoulders (rolls CDR on shoulders), Crimson Boots and Pants or belt, and Aughilds helm (with diamond for CDR) plus bracers with crit and lightning dmg or whichever element you need.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Just got my Crusader to 70.

I have a Wizard and Crusader now doing the end game stuff. Any good sites for recommended builds? (Don't worry I'm going to google it, just wondering people's preferences here.)

This game is GOOD online.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm having a lot of fun with my Witch Doctor. I rolled Jade Harvester helm yesterday so that's 3/6. I'm only using two items at the moment until I get a fourth so as two benefit from the four pieces. Currently buildin on my dog build as I found Old Man's Finger coupled with Jeram mask but I find I am running out of mana too quickly.

Is Jade Harvester a popular set to attain? And is a pet build a good option with JH? I'm loving the look of the Fetish Army with the prolonged life, they just rip through enemies.

Thoughts?

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I've played a lot of D3, but I don't like how generic the equipment is. One size fits [almost] all makes for boring loot. Hopefully the next patch will fix that up a bit with the new legendaries. Currently running a Wand of Woh wizard, which is actually pretty fun once you get enough cool down reduction gear.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I think the game is still fairly new. The gear didn't get real exciting in D2 until many years later.

Magician

20 Year Member
It's gonna be a looooooooong weekend. :(

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
The only trading before was the Auction House right? I didn't think they had D2 like trading in D3.

When the auction house was active, none of the equipment was bind on account except for hellfire rings. So you could trade items and gold while in-game with other people.

Magician

20 Year Member
Is there any reason to choose male or female for any particular class other than the aesthetic?

I'm thinking about rolling a male wizard.

Edit: P.S. - Would it be wise of me to jump directly into hardcore?

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
If you haven't played in awhile, or are a new player, I wouldn't pick hardcore first. Try a regular character for now to get used to it. They all work differently. And when you find a good build (or use one someone else has done) then you can use that in hardcore.

As far as the gender choice, it is just the look. The armor has different models between gender and of course the voices are different.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Edit: P.S. - Would it be wise of me to jump directly into hardcore?

Hardcore is a lot of fun when you don't know what to expect. My first play through was on hardcore and it was really intense going into the boss fights. You should consider it if you're OK with possibly having to start over.

Magician

20 Year Member
Cool cool, I'll start slow then. However, I do love the achievements/trophies for this game. I like how less than .5% of the player pool have completed the silver, gold, and platinum trophies (0% for this one). Sounds like an excellent challenge. I plan to accept that challenge.

Spoiler:
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Platinum Trophy
Collected all other Diablo III: Reaper of Souls trophies

Above & Beyond (Hardcore) (gold trophy)
Reach level 70 in Hardcore mode.

Dream Team (gold trophy)
Reach level 70 with 6 different classes.

Up All Night To Get Lucky (silver trophy)
Equip all Inventory slots with Legendary items that have a minimum required level of 70 or higher.

Batting 500 (silver trophy)
Complete 500 Bounties.

Just Riffing (silver trophy)
Kill 500 Monsters while in Nephalem Rifts.

Dashing through the Rift (silver trophy)
Finish a Nephalem Rift within 15 Minutes.

Butchered! (silver trophy)
Kill the Butcher.

The Lord of Lies (silver trophy)
Kill Belial.

The Lord of Sin (silver trophy)
Kill Azmodan.

The Prime Evil (silver trophy)
Kill Diablo.

Fire in Your New Boots (silver trophy)
Kill Urzael.

Her? (silver trophy)
Kill Adria.

Death Do Us Part (silver trophy)
Kill Malthael.

Reign of Terror (silver trophy)
Kill Diablo in Hardcore mode.

May His Death Satisfy You (silver trophy)
Kill Malthael in Hardcore mode.

Above & Beyond (silver trophy)
Reach level 70.

The Elitist (silver trophy)
Kill 500 elite (champion, rare, or unique) enemies.

Greed over Need (silver trophy)
Kill 100 Treasure Goblins.

Custom-Fit (silver trophy)
Craft 100 items.

Deep Pockets
Pick up 500,000 gold.

The Comfort of Strangers
Recruit the Templar, Scoundrel, and Enchantress.

Breaking Not So Bad
Use a merchant to repair an item.

Socket to Me
Socket a gem in an item.

A New Start
Complete 5 Bounties.

The Mad King's End
Kill the Skeleton King.

The Last of the Horadrim
Complete all quests in Act I.

The Coven Overthrown
Kill Maghda.

Murderer. Torturer. Monster.
Kill Zoltun Kulle.

The Black Soulstone
Complete all quests in Act II.

The Ravening Beast
Kill Ghom.

Making a Breakthrough
Kill the Siegebreaker Assault Beast.

The Wages of Sin
Complete all quests in Act III.

Victory and Sacrifice
Complete all quests in Act IV.

Don't Fear the Reaper
Complete all quests in Act V.

Demolition Derby
Get a destruction callout for breaking 50 objects.

Made to Order
Craft 5 items.

Forged Credentials
Raise the Blacksmith to level 12.

Gemkata
Raise the Jeweler to level 12.

Maximum Myriam
Raise the Mystic to level 12.

I Feel So Enchanting
Enchant all your equipment slots.

Trade-in
Replace a property with Enchanting.