Death Smiles on 360, Now I have to get one

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Got my scores up in both 360 and Arcade modes to ~65 million last night. Getting a better handle on things. I have a love/hate relationship with those suicide bullets, on one hand they help my score skyrocket, but on the other they make it easier to die...

Saturn2dfreak

Mickey's Coach
i got the worst fucken luck. i waited 3 weeks after microsoft sending me back my jap 360. i open it up and i find out the the dvd tray is not working/not opening so i have to send it again for a 2nd repair..i gotta wait another fucken month to play death smiles...such bullshit...MS fixed the red rings but they didnt even bother to open up the dvd tray and the system made a loud noise when it first turned on..i dont know how many years i can take of MS hardware failure..:very_ang:

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
Did any of you guys get the dlc for this game? Any impressions?

1200 XBL points is very expensive. I am trying to decide if it is worthwhile to get.

shirokaze

n00b
Yes I got the MBL DLC. In my opinion, it should have already been included on the game, since there was an option for it from the get-go. However, it does include quite a few balance tweaks, new difficulty level, a new character, and a new stage. Once I got MBL, I had a hard time going back to the old version. It "feels" more complete, and I like the fact that powering up is easier and happens more frequently...then again maybe that's just because I suck at shmups... :lol:

If you have any questions about it, don't hesitate to ask.

Note for achievement whores: your normal DS achievements DO NOT unlock if you're playing MBL. Even the ones that require you to simply clear the game.

Note about downloading the DLC:

You need a Japanese XBL account (easily obtainable). Once you download the content, you need to make sure that profile is signed in when you play DS, otherwise the content will not be found. You can have multiple profiles signed in on a 360 at once, so yes, you can unlock MBL achievements on your US/EU 360 account. Make sure your gamesave and the DLC are on the same storage device as well. If you have trouble getting the DLC to show up, send me a PM.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The game has finally been patched.

I haven't spent much time checking if all the bugs are fixed. But what is definitely fixed is the HDD install bug. We can now finally run the game off the hard drive without having to hear the DVD drive spinning.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
The game has finally been patched.

I haven't spent much time checking if all the bugs are fixed. But what is definitely fixed is the HDD install bug. We can now finally run the game off the hard drive without having to hear the DVD drive spinning.

Thanks for the update. I was waiting to buy it for that reason alone :D

Is it keeping your interest over the long haul?

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
Definitely. This has become my favorite Cave game so far (the only others I've played are DDP and Espgaluda though). By the way, what's your XBL tag?

My 360 / PSN tag is Purrso

Glad to hear its got great staying power. I am buying a house so tight budget but I cant wait anymore I really want it :)

ps

Are you picking up: Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta!? I was watching some videos on youtube and it looks pretty interesting. I looks like a real change of pace game. I will hold off on it for a while but the thing is these games never seem to drop in price

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Glad to hear its got great staying power.

Most definitely. I've been playing this game pretty regularly since I got it and I havent even touched version 1.1, 360 mode, or MBL yet.....I've just been playing arcade mode. I'd imagine each of those versions all offer something new too, so once you factor them in, the game has huge amounts of replay value.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
I'm looking to do some XBL deathsmiles gameplay. Anyone feel free to send me a friend invite and we'll play

gamertag: stuckonails

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
:envy:I hate all the fuckers that own a jp360 specially Neo Moe, I want one!!!:envy:

OK all kidding aside, did any of you guys got your 360 from Play Asia?! Was it fast and if so how much did you end up paying for shipping and stuff?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
:envy:I hate all the fuckers that own a jp360 specially Neo Moe, I want one!!!:envy:

OK all kidding aside, did any of you guys got your 360 from Play Asia?! Was it fast and if so how much did you end up paying for shipping and stuff?

lol! EG just tell me when the next meet up is and I'll bring mine along w/ me if you'd like. imho it's definitely worth getting...especially if you dont have a US one yet since alot of US games are region free and can be played on a j360.

but if you are thinking of getting one, I have some advice. I actually got my console from NCSX not play asia. Play Asia was selling them a bit cheaper, but shipping was super expensive from the...like $70 I think.

Shipping from NCSX was like only $10 so it worked out to be cheaper overall. I think all in all I ended up paying like $330. Plus, it arrives super fast from New York. I think I ordered it on a Thursday morning and I received it by the next afternoon...and that was using the cheapest shipping method. Since you are a fellow mass-hole, i think you'd get yours super quick too :)

Also, if I understood correctly, NCSX only stocks Jasper units now, so I am pretty sure you are guaranteed to get one of those (but 'd double check before ordering).

hope that helps buddy, lmk if you have any questions

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks Neo Moe, I will defenately look into that right now, just one more thing what is a Jasper unit?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Thanks Neo Moe, I will defenately look into that right now, just one more thing what is a Jasper unit?

I guess its the newest revision of the 360...so it's the most likely one not to get the RROD (fingers crossed). I dont know the specifics of why that is the case, but perhaps someone w/ more technical knowledge can chime in.

Also, the ones Jasper units NCSX are the arcade bundle...meaning they have no HDD but they come w/ a small internal memory card. just thought I'd mention that too.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks man. I just thought of this, how do you go about getting DLC for the games and such, do you need a separate XBL jp account? I heard that with the DLC in DS you can get the Black Label run, is there truth in this?

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Thanks man. I just thought of this, how do you go about getting DLC for the games and such, do you need a separate XBL jp account? I heard that with the DLC in DS you can get the Black Label run, is there truth in this?

Yep, I have my main US account and a made up (personal info) JPN account. I used the JPN account to DL the MBL for Deathsmiles. It's 1200 points (which is kinda steep). You'll need japanese XBL points, and I suggest getting them from here : http://www.japanvideogames.com as they're the cheapest I've found (at least for the 1400 point cards). I got the code emailed in less than a day.

neo_mao

15 Year Member

Yep, Black Label definitely is available for download.

i'm not 100% certain as I'm not on Live yet since I only have a handful of games for my 360, so I havent bothered creating an account. But I believe you will need to create a new account using a japanese email address. also, i think you need to use japanese points to purchase dlc like black label.

There is a really good thread at the shmups forum that describes how to do this but I only glanced over it quickly so am not too sure on the specifics.

here is the link

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23501

I need to stop being lazy and create an account :)

EDIT: whoops, BTD beat me to it

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Yep, Black Label definitely is available for download.

i'm not 100% certain as I'm not on Live yet since I only have a handful of games for my 360, so I havent bothered creating an account. But I believe you will need to create a new account using a japanese email address. also, i think you need to use japanese points to purchase dlc like black label.

There is a really good thread at the shmups forum that describes how to do this but I only glanced over it quickly so am not too sure on the specifics.

here is the link

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23501

I need to stop being lazy and create an account :)

EDIT: whoops, BTD beat me to it

lol. Yeah, that's a great link moe. Has all the info one needs about XBL!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I hope whomever ports this doesn't fuck it up. Keep it as is, just put the text into English and I'll be fine. If they try to localize the language track and there's no option to switch it to Japanese, I'll be pissed. I know the game won't sell well, but fuck it. If they port it well, they'll have my money, day one.