Dark Souls 3

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Been doung some pvp the last few days abd having a hell of a time. More like ganking really. We get 3-4 people in an invasion hot spot and once invaded buck it out. Or take turns 1v1 the invader(s) just so we dont feel so bad destroying them so much.

So many hate mails yesterday.

We've been doing stuff like using the ring that makes you look like host. I've been using my sorceress abd doing serious damage. I use hidden body, and then get behind them and use crystal soulmass, and then crystal spear. Those combined hit for well over a thousand in a fraction of a second. Sometimes about 1300 if all my soulmass hit.

By the time were were done yesterday, i received about 4 million souls in 8 hours. Finally got my character to level 120 where i am going to leave her for pvp. Got her doing 501 damage unbuffed with the lothric knight sword.

So now i need a new pvp character. Im thinking of doing an indiana jones run that just uses a whip and hand to hand knuckles.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I beat the game over the weekend. With co-op the last boss was fairly easy. I bought his armor set and have been doing co-open for easy bosses, like Dragon slayer Armor of get some more levels to take some more runs at Nameless King. It's still hard as hell to get a summon at that boss.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
well I finally picked it up this week and spent some time with it.
holy cats.

way better than 2 so far.
rolling with a pure STR build and I just beat vordt.
took me a while to figure the world out a little bit, but hey, it's all good.
I've noticed that I've done surprisingly well against invaders so far - but i'll chalk it up to noobs(I generally suck at PvP in these games).

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yeah... I'm atill playing. I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop and play something else but it keeps growing on me.

I now have a strength faith character, a Sorceress, and am currently working on a dex character.

My sorceress is definitely my favorite thus far. She's incredibly powerful at level 120. I have an attack rating of 501 with my eight habd weapon. If i cast ceystal soul mass followed by crystal soul arrow i can hit for 1300+ damage if im lucky.

I still need to get the good ending, do a max playthrough.

Im still pissed though that getting darkmoon blade is damn near impossible.

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
Hit me up on this. PS4 version ID Sancho025. My character is Cecil, a knight strength vigor build. I start basic, lol. Just tell me who you are from forums. I just beat the first boss in Anor Londo.

Gonna be on tonight for sure. I am having fun with this game. Perfect mix of demon, ds1 and bloodborne. My pvp getting a lot better finally.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Hit me up on this. PS4 version ID Sancho025. My character is Cecil, a knight strength vigor build. I start basic, lol. Just tell me who you are from forums. I just beat the first boss in Anor Londo.

Gonna be on tonight for sure. I am having fun with this game. Perfect mix of demon, ds1 and bloodborne. My pvp getting a lot better finally.

Sure. Please gave a headset though. I cant do the typing thing.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Took a break for a bit to play a couple of other games. Came back and went ahead and finished up NG+. Killed all bosses and got the bad ending? I've finally moved away from the dark sword and now use either a Heavy Giant Club +10 with a Shield of Want +5. I think it's +5. I've also dabbled with the Zweihander and the Dragon Tooth. I started New Game ++ and am about a third of the way through so far. No PSN and still solo all the way, think I'll stay kindled for this run for the extra little bit of health. BTW, the Greatwood boss? Yea, he laughs at the Heavy Giant Club, had to switch to the Zweihander.

Last edited:

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
I added you last night.

OK cool, I accepted request earlier tonight while watching a movie. Was going to play more Friday night, but something came up after playing for an hour. I am getting on in about 15-20 minutes for maybe an hour or so. I will try to get on and play a while the next two days/nights.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yeah Zweihander isnt the strongest but its my go to strength weapon. The move set is there. Not many large swords can perform well in clise quarters.

I trued the dark sword. It is a good weapon, but its boring. Pluse everyone uses it.

For dex I tried all the Katanas. I just dont like them. Too slow for me, although the washing pole is great for switching to in a pinch when an invader tries to flee.

I have found though that the Falchion is my dex weapon, just like in dark souls 1. It only stats a C in strength and dex, but paired with flynns ring and some ninja gear im getting over 400 damage one handed at 40 each strength and dex. Sonetimes i leave a notched whip on too when i get bored of the eashing pole. PVP invaders have a hard time dodging its 2 handed L2, and it cant be parried so thats a nice perk.

Im thinking of a hollow build next.

The good ending is a pain to get. I need to do it still. Basically ot involves following Anri's quest line to the T, and i think accepting the dark sigil and having the firekeeper remove it. Then i think you have to refuse giving the firekeeper her eyes.

@ kid panda.

You sound like you dont play online, but you sound like youre good. You should consider playing some PVE or PVP with me and my brothers. You might find a whole new part of the game to hook you. PVE is a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
@ greedo, there's only one problem, I don't have PSN+ so I can't play online. I keep meaning to get a card on my way home but always forget. Living an hour from real civilization does have it's perks though. I'll mos def get with you guys to play some co-op as I feel I have most of the game pretty much on lock.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yeah Zweihander isnt the strongest but its my go to strength weapon. The move set is there. Not many large swords can perform well in clise quarters.

I trued the dark sword. It is a good weapon, but its boring. Pluse everyone uses it.

For dex I tried all the Katanas. I just dont like them. Too slow for me, although the washing pole is great for switching to in a pinch when an invader tries to flee.

I have found though that the Falchion is my dex weapon, just like in dark souls 1. It only stats a C in strength and dex, but paired with flynns ring and some ninja gear im getting over 400 damage one handed at 40 each strength and dex. Sonetimes i leave a notched whip on too when i get bored of the eashing pole. PVP invaders have a hard time dodging its 2 handed L2, and it cant be parried so thats a nice perk.

Im thinking of a hollow build next.

The good ending is a pain to get. I need to do it still. Basically ot involves following Anri's quest line to the T, and i think accepting the dark sigil and having the firekeeper remove it. Then i think you have to refuse giving the firekeeper her eyes.

@ kid panda.

You sound like you dont play online, but you sound like youre good. You should consider playing some PVE or PVP with me and my brothers. You might find a whole new part of the game to hook you. PVE is a lot of fun.

I'm working on the hollowing ending. You need to keep the dark Sigil for the whole play through i believe. its the only way to finish the quest line for Anri. I don't think you get rid of it after Anri's questline is over either.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I have suspended my Dark Souls III until I find a solution for my random output loss over HDMI. I disabled HDCP but I still get randm outages, which is infuriating when trying to play a Dark Souls game.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

Nice video man! Pretty impressive. What are you parrying with? It looks like a fist weapon. I would think maybe the parry dagger, but I don't see it.

Had some fun co-op with SNKnostalgia. I sucked, but luckily my brother was there to carry my burden.

I'm getting on now since I got off work early for a few hours. So hit me up if anyone is on.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Bump for my canadian brothers! The collectors edition is currently $90 off on amazon.ca :buttrock:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Finally just got this the other day on PC. Thanks to hyper for hooking me up with a better graphics card. I'm pretty amazed that my 7 or 8 year old computer can even run current games at all. Seems to run just fine for me.

Still early in the game, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Definitely seems more active than the previous two games with quite a few invasions and summon signs all over. Actually got invaded by someone named Friendly Invader or something like that. He never attacked me and ended up giving me a seed of a tree of giants before taking off. Now I just need to get some better armor and not look like such a noob. I'm a knight and still have the starting gear, except for the uchigatana+2.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
"Big announcement" coming on the 24th of august. Probably information about the expansion.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
"Big announcement" coming on the 24th of august. Probably information about the expansion.

Too little too late. Played through 4 times. 4 different endings between 2 characters. 100 hours in each. I was ready for an expansion months ago. They need to stop waiting so long to bring out expansions to keep there game relevant...

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member

That would be cool. But it would be even cooler if they also announced PC versions of both Bloodborne and Demon's Souls. I know this probably won't happen, but it would be bad ass!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That would be cool. But it would be even cooler if they also announced PC versions of both Bloodborne and Demon's Souls. I know this probably won't happen, but it would be bad ass!

I think in a roundabout way, Sony owns those IPs. I'd love at least Demon's Souls on PC though.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I think in a roundabout way, Sony owns those IPs. I'd love at least Demon's Souls on PC though.

FROM stated a few times that Demon's Souls will never happen, at least by them because it is owned by Namco Bandai. So it could happen on Steam, or even be remade. I'm not holding my breath though, just hoping one day it will be. PS4 I think is much more likely.

Bloodborne will never be released on Steam, it is owned by Sony.

Here's the article.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/08/demons-souls-remaster-could-still-happen

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
DLC looks pretty interesting. I'm hyped for it.