Dark Souls 2 Thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I also always wanted to make a character to Wield Artorias' sword.

I think my last character was a dex build. A Samurai. Had a lightining Katana, Divine Katana, etc - had all the Samurai swords. It was fucking stupid but a lot of fun.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I also always wanted to make a character to Wield Artorias' sword.

I think my last character was a dex build. A Samurai. Had a lightining Katana, Divine Katana, etc - had all the Samurai swords. It was fucking stupid but a lot of fun.

Same shit here...I'm all about that samurai/ninja type shit.
The draw of these "souls" games is the mix of european content and japanese style....so my gear reflects that.

That's why fucking Logans hat is the best piece of equipment in the game....it looks a bit like a samurai's jingasa, and also a bit like something a pagan cultist would would wear in medieval europe...with it you can pull off so many exclusive "looks" that fit in so well into the DS universe.

Neobuyer hit the nail on the head when he said the draw of the game is how you go from a totally broke weakling to a wandering prowler all decked out in the property of those you killed.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just took off work for March 11th.

I need to think up a new character for my next Dark Souls run. I think I'll go depraved.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
God its only so many months till I'll be playing 2.. But still to damn many!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Two months, seven days.

Yeah, it's going to be a long wait.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Just stopping by to say:

ummmmmmmmmmmmbasa

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I just put in my preorder for Dark Souls 2 on the PS3.

Achievements/Tropies have been leaked
. I had a look at 'em. I don't think I spoiled much by taking a look at them. There are some boss names in there, and I think if you look at the value of the Achievement and the name of one of the bosses you can figure out the name of the last boss. There are covenant related achievements.

You guys ever watch any Dark Souls videos on youtube? EpicNameBro has a pretty popular (mostly) Dark Souls channel. Anyway, I guess he was hired on by From Software as well as some other prominent members of the DS community to help write the Dark Souls 2 Strategy Guide. He has a pretty strict NDA but he was able to let on that he has played multiple builds of the game, and the build that is most likely the completed game. One thing he did tweet, quite enthusiasticly, was that Dark Souls 2 is a better game than Dark Souls. And this motherfucker loves Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Given his videos/interaction with the community I don't think he is just being a shill for the game/strategy guide. I was pretty excited to hear his opinion on the game.

You guys see the CURSE trailer:

I can't fucking wait to wield a Greatsword, Greatshield, cast some miracles, and crush my enemies. Oh, and the dying.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I just put in my preorder for Dark Souls 2 on the PS3.

Achievements/Tropies have been leaked
. I had a look at 'em. I don't think I spoiled much by taking a look at them. There are some boss names in there, and I think if you look at the value of the Achievement and the name of one of the bosses you can figure out the name of the last boss. There are covenant related achievements.

You guys ever watch any Dark Souls videos on youtube? EpicNameBro has a pretty popular (mostly) Dark Souls channel. Anyway, I guess he was hired on by From Software as well as some other prominent members of the DS community to help write the Dark Souls 2 Strategy Guide. He has a pretty strict NDA but he was able to let on that he has played multiple builds of the game, and the build that is most likely the completed game. One thing he did tweet, quite enthusiasticly, was that Dark Souls 2 is a better game than Dark Souls. And this motherfucker loves Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Given his videos/interaction with the community I don't think he is just being a shill for the game/strategy guide. I was pretty excited to hear his opinion on the game.

You guys see the CURSE trailer:

I can't fucking wait to wield a Greatsword, Greatshield, cast some miracles, and crush my enemies. Oh, and the dying.
Looks good i know there were 'fears that the difficulty would be lessen.I guess not from what ive heard for the impression of the beta,beside the fact that you can be invaded at any time.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
If anyone is interested, the Future Press hardback collector's edition SG for DS 2 is 40 percent off right now on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Souls-Collectors-Edition-Strategy-Guide/dp/0744015472

I really liked the Future Press SG for Dark Souls. They did really nice guides for Kingdoms of Amalur and Soul Calibur V, too. They're really well put together, and 40 percent off is a great deal for what's bound to be a very thick book as both a game resource and a nice collectible sidepiece to the game.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Looks good i know there were 'fears that the difficulty would be lessen.I guess not from what ive heard for the impression of the beta,beside the fact that you can be invaded at any time.

Whats up Tron. So excited for DS 2. I will be scheduling that day and maybe the next day off from work. Got the collectors edition pre ordered. Currently going through ng+ in DS right now. It's gonna be a long wait

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Whats up Tron. So excited for DS 2. I will be scheduling that day and maybe the next day off from work. Got the collectors edition pre ordered. Currently going through ng+ in DS right now. It's gonna be a long wait
Preorder the black armor edition of DS2 for ps3 it's due in march so i can wait.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So a couple youtube/twitch personalities will be playing and streaming live a pre-release version (most likely a near final copy of the game) of Dark Souls 2:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/1wduqa/so_apparently_a_streamer_will_be_getting_a/

For more info.

I am most likely not going to watch, but I may read some of the information we gleam from this, at a minimum I'll read impressions of how the game looks/feels/plays.

At this point I'm not wanting to spoil much. Part of the fun is figuring out how to beat the damn game.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I won't be looking at any of it this time...I spoiled the fuck out of myself watching a stream of DS1 back in the day....

In some ways I don't regret it because the japanese dude playing it was an absolute rock star with the way he'd pull the binoculars on Gweneveres boobs, leave the room, then go back and scope em out one last time....everyone on the stream loved that shit.

Still, I think I'm gonna go into this one totally blind and see what happens....probably gonna start with a dex/poison build this time for the improved parries/acrobatic evasions(?), trap dismantling and dual weilding crossbows (lol) now that you can run and shoot in the game.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
In some ways I don't regret it because the japanese dude playing it was an absolute rock star with the way he'd pull the binoculars on Gweneveres boobs, leave the room, then go back and scope em out one last time....everyone on the stream loved that shit.

To this day, probably the most amazing pair I've ever seen in a video game. I can never bring myself to kill her.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Spoilers regarding changes to co-op mechanics and covenants:

Spoiler:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm really excited for the new covenant system. I hope it works a lot better than in DS1.

That said I'm still thinking I'll be a Sun Bro on my first run through. Jolly Co-Operation!

I'm looking forward to the covenants that haven't been revealed. I wonder if there will be an equivalent to the Dragon Bros or Grave Lords?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I actually fired up DS1 and started a character inspired by Lagdufs idea (an artorias sword build)....but then I said fuck it and deleted him and tried to come up with a cooler looking, shit-simple endurance build.

Basically, you create a male character with the largest body frame,
get his str to lvl 36
get his hp to just a twats hair over the amount cured by estus flask +7
And dump the rest into stamina/endurance until he rolls at medium speed with the following equipment:

Black Iron Helmet/Body armor/legs
Havels gauntlets
Artorias Greatshield
Golem Axe
Havels ring, Ring of Artorias

Its a pretty neat build...like literally neat.
No attunement slots/magic/pyromancy/miracles, no hoarding items I don't give a shit about, not even crossbows.
Just an unbreakable, unstoppable badass....very little (almost nothing) staggers him and with that Artorias shield up they rarely get the chance.

Golems one-handed strong attack has you covered for range and the unique "wind" damage hurts everything in the game...the knockback also comes in handy on those god awful gorilla skeletons since most of them are waiting for you on the edge of a cliff. Just remember to keep lots of repair powder.

Curse will fuck you up something fierce with this build though. =/

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I made an axe wielding pyromancer the other day. I want to make her like Krieg from Borderlands 2. A pure psycho.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It's getting hard not to look at the information on DS2 rolling in. I've avoided just about every spoiler post network-test, though I've unintentionally seen the name of a few of the areas from some stills.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
So there will be weapon DLC for people who pre order DS II. I am not happy about at all. It looks like the items can also be obtained by just playing the game. I think this Weapon DLC takes away from what makes DS so awesome. That struggle of getting better, and finding interesting items. Now they are just given away to people?!?!?

*********************SPOILERS*************************************************************
https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/posts/612742848798763