Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Trailers:

Reveal trailer:

E3 2013 "I am undone" trailer.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
I'm trying to not think about it too much. Release can't come soon enough.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure they show three different characters.

I really liked the look of some of those weapons.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm pretty sure they show three different characters.

I really liked the look of some of those weapons.
I couldn't tell it look allot of the same character for the video.Unless there just showing different builds etc.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Footage looked good but the music was indeed awful and inappropriate.

It's all about marketing.

Do you remember ads and impressive trailers for Demon Souls and Dark Souls?

After the success of the past two games it seems they're trying to get their game a little bit more in to the public's eye. Dark Souls sold quite well and continues to sell well simply through word of mouth. Knowing that, advertising can't hurt, especially if DS2 turns out to be another fantastic game.

The "I am Undone" trailer is clearly targeted at an American audience who wants to play games where they are badass dudes who fuck people's shit up. I'm almost willing to go so far as to say they're trying to make a trailer that will make the game looking appealing to the average dudebro gamer.

It's almost misleading...first timers expecting to stomp the shit out of people ala God of War (or something like that) will be in for quite the surprise when they're killed by the first. couple enemies in the game

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The first game's trailer with that Silent Comedy song in it was pretty awesome.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

A LOT of good information in this video. Better than the other impressions video I linked to.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Duf, the badass knight guy and the sleek dual wielder are most likely NPCs that are only playable in the demo.

But you already know they can be poached for their shit at some point in the game so who cares, right?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Duf, the badass knight guy and the sleek dual wielder are most likely NPCs that are only playable in the demo.

But you already know they can be poached for their shit at some point in the game so who cares, right?

Yeah, I'm sure people will be trying to recreate those characters as soon as the game drops.

I appreciate the humble beginnings of a new character.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
They need to add an item you can purchase in this game (for a ton of souls) that prevents invasions.

Or just an option to turn it off.

Yeah, I know I can play hollow. But, as I understand it, loot drops are better when you are human and have a ton of humanity.

I admit that I love the idea of the unique identity Dark Souls multi element has. I love that it HAS a unique type of online identity. Just wish they'd make it optional, like PvP specific areas in MMOs.

Otherwise, fantastic game.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
They need to add an item you can purchase in this game (for a ton of souls) that prevents invasions.

Or just an option to turn it off.

Yeah, I know I can play hollow. But, as I understand it, loot drops are better when you are human and have a ton of humanity.

I admit that I love the idea of the unique identity Dark Souls multi element has. I love that it HAS a unique type of online identity. Just wish they'd make it optional, like PvP specific areas in MMOs.

Otherwise, fantastic game.

You can play offline in human form. You just lose the ability to summon friends and see messages on the ground. You can still summon NPCs though for boss fights.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
You can play offline in human form. You just lose the ability to summon friends and see messages on the ground. You can still summon NPCs though for boss fights.

You're right, I know.

For PC (yeah, yeah it sucks), you need to be logged into your Windows LIve ID or you can't save progress. It's DRM BS at its finest.

I guess I just want to have my cake and eat it, too:/

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
You're right, I know.

For PC (yeah, yeah it sucks), you need to be logged into your Windows LIve ID or you can't save progress. It's DRM BS at its finest.

I guess I just want to have my cake and eat it, too:/

Oh that sucks. I didn't realize they prevent saving if you sign out of GFWL. That's really messed up. MS at it's finest. Let's hope DS2 doesn't use GFWL. I know the initial box art and webiste didn't have the logo, but I don't know if they've come out and confirmed it yet.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

In Dark Souls being human does not effect loot drops. Only your item discovery stat does.

I'm pretty sure it's different in Demon's Souls.

Max item discovery is easy in dark souls. Covetous Gold Serpent Ring + 10 humanity and you'll be at 410.

You can get good drops with that ring and just one humanity.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We're getting closer.

I've been watching some of the streams of the network beta test that was a couple weeks ago. Mostly just watched people goofing around and doing PvP.

This game is going to be so good.

Here is the thing though, what system is everyone going to get this game on? This generation I just defaulted to getting all multi-platform games on the 360 because party chat is awesome, but you couldn't party chat in Dark Souls anyway (you could private chat.)

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I did get the invite for the DKII beta a while ago.Still the catch was you could only play it,at a certain time of the day and that's it.I ended missing out because of that :hammer: Any ways i did go ahead and preorder it for the PS3.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah the network test was like from 2-5AM EST.

But I think it was an all-regions test.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
March 11th.

Save the date.

I'm going to take off work for this.

What console are we all getting this on?

I'm doing New Game blind, well, with the exception of this thread - I don't count gamers enjoying a game and learning it together as cheating.

Still undecided on a build but I'll probably go STR/FTH - cast some miracles, fat roll to my heart's content, and beat the fuck out of my enemies with a bigass club.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Getting it on the triple. Ever since demons souls I start as a wanderer and go dex/faith.

With this game you can't pick a class....your stat allocation does. So I think the incentive is there for me to just max out dex and learn to dual wield.

I just hope the outfit options are nearly as cool as they were in DS1.

Velkas Rapier + Logans Big hat + Chesters Long coat & Gloves + Pardoners black slacks/boots = my signature look

Hopefully DS2 has an equivalent that comes close to it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
In Dark Souls are there any Faith/Dex weapons aside from Ornstein's Spear?

I kind of want to run through the game with a character designed to wield his weapon and armor. Dude is a boss. Smough though, fuck him. Fucking bone eater.

I'm leaning towards getting this on the triple as well. I'll probably do that.

I never ran through the game as Pyromancer though.

I'm thinking about running through Dark Souls at least one more time before 2 comes out.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
In Dark Souls are there any Faith/Dex weapons aside from Ornstein's Spear?

I kind of want to run through the game with a character designed to wield his weapon and armor. Dude is a boss. Smough though, fuck him. Fucking bone eater.

I'm leaning towards getting this on the triple as well. I'll probably do that.

I never ran through the game as Pyromancer though.

I'm thinking about running through Dark Souls at least one more time before 2 comes out.

Pyro skills are just complimentary for anyone who puts no points into faith or magic.....last time I played I actually created a pure dex build just to dual wield Lords Blade Ciarans gear and dump spare souls into pyro skills (to augment my badassery a bit). Those 2 assassin weapons never wowed me until I put them in the hands of a dex build and now I'm impressed.

I think the way those 2 weapons work together has probably become a template for dual wielding in DS2....it's totally going to be a high risk, high reward type of build IMO.

As for Velkas rapier...it actually sucks even if you pump your magic stat....but it looks sexy as fuck and has a badass moveset so I just dumped another 30 points into magic for it. Actually, one place its really good is Gwyn when you parry/riposte the motherfucker.... even at New Game ++++++++etc.

Otherwise, my go-to faith/dex weapon was +5 occult Iaito (and a +10 divine washing pole for those fucking skeletons).

Last edited: