Damn appendix!!!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well, after what stared out mon morning as a lower belly ache, it got worse by that night and I was running a 102-3 fever.

I decided to call my Dr yesterday morning and seek an appointment. After I explained everything, they sent me to ER directly.

Long story short, went in, had some tests ran...turned I did indeed have appendicitis after all. They got me into surgery quickly...which I wasn't really prepared for.

Now, I'm laid up in the couch with 3 lovely holes in my stomach. Looks like my triathlon is off for a while...

Time to lounge around on the couch for a bit...

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Welcome to the club. Did you remember to ask for pictures? They can print out screenshots from the laparoscope cam.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Got mine removed New Years Day 2013. All of NYE I felt like my stomach was in a ton of pain, but didn't think of the other options. Slept at my parents place that night and woke up at 5am to what felt like being stabbed on my side, and by noon I was in the operation room.

Take it easy for at least a week or so, and make damn sure you don't move your core too quickly. It's gonna take a while, but catch up on your gaming while you're out for the count. After a couple of weeks ease into the training very slowly, as they cut open and messed wth your core.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Glad you caught it in time, my wife has been getting pains as of late and I'm hoping it's not this.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Take it easy for a while.

Sorry you have to deal with it.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
nows a good time a buy a home cart system

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Get some rest...poor smokes, hey at least we can cheer you up with classy posts like this one!
jennyhendrix-nurseblowjob.jpg

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Hang in there. I've heard that shit's a real motherfucker.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Hang in there. I've heard that shit's a real motherfucker.

I'll admit this is no picnic...but it's nowhere near as bad as the damn hemorrhoid surgery I've had to go through (twice).

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
have any cousins who live nearby? you could invite them over so they could tickle you.
thats something I enjoyed when I still had my stitches in from getting mine removed when I was a kid.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
have any cousins who live nearby? you could invite them over so they could tickle you.
thats something I enjoyed when I still had my stitches in from getting mine removed when I was a kid.

I can tell you 100% certainty that if some asshole tried tickling me in my current state...that I would do my best to stab them in the eye with anything close to me that's anywhere near "sharp"...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
lol, excellent thread.

By the way, I recently had a bad flare up of a 'roid right at the top of my asshole. For a few days, every time I shit it felt like someone shoved a dagger up my ass, and when I looked in the bowl to see the damage the water was red with blood. I thought for sure I was fucked and was going to have to have surgery like poor 'ol smokehouse.

I think it's because our scanner guns at work couldn't be taken off their charging base without dying anymore and I'd have to reach over the counter and lift cases of bottled water out of people's carts and onto my desk just to scan them.

Anyways, I started to be careful as fuck lifting stuff, and wiping gently. And eating a shitload of grapes. Plus I complained to another manager about my ass. She was a little wide eyed when I told her lifting all that shit was ruining my ass, lol... but she got the point and ordered new scanners for the registers after months of them being fucked.

Long story short, it worked! Slowly the bleeding and pain subsided slowly through the last week or so and it seems all gone now. Fuck I gotta be careful.

Take care of your shitter, dudes.

:p

P.S.- I know I already wished you a speedy recovery on facebook, smoke, but I'm going to say it again. Get well soon dude!

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I feel you man my appendix was removed when I was teenager but mine ruptured and I was puking up blood had to spend 5 days in the hospital...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
10 years later and i still have my surgery scars from appendicitis

a pain like no other

glad you got it fixed in time

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Hope you feel better bro. Glad you caught it in time. My cousin had his rupture a few years back. Not a good time at all.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
My appendix ragequit my body about five years ago. I caught it early and had it done laparoscopically, and you can hardly see the scars anymore. Man, the pain was intense, though. I ended up taking a week off of class. Hope you're pain-free and feeling better soon! Speedy recovery!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Thanks for the thoughts guys...

Recovery is going well...sitting all day is getting old, been trying to get up often and move around. Of the 3 incisions, only the one on the left is causing me much grief. They did do the bottom one right on my freaking belt line so wearing pants is highly unpleasant at the moment...

In all honesty, I'm just glad I found it early. As many here have said, it could have been much worse.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Wat have you been doing with your time off? Retron-ing? Eating?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Wat have you been doing with your time off? Retron-ing? Eating?

Very little...sitting on the fucking couch, often bored. Thankfully, they have me a bunch or Norco 5/325...so at least I've been stoned most of the time. Figuring KC took the World Series...I've been watching those post season games now that I can watch them stress free. Also been catching up on some movies as well. The Norco assures me a random nap now and then...

Masturbating?

I wish...the holes in my gut make that kind of action....well...unpleasant...

Finally got out today and walked a mile...it beat on me a bit but it was nice to get outdoors...