Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
HDY8KX3.png

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
At this point, why even have a release date? People still doing preorders or some shit?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sounds alright to me but I don't pre order shit or care if devs hold to their release dates. That said if Nov is a go it'll work out well as that's our summer which means stay the fuck inside.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Letting journos play it and no doubt endlessly report on the game is gonna be intolerable whilst we all wait till November. Damn it.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This game has been in development for what seems to be forever now. I know CD Projekt Red has an excellent track record, but this is getting concerning. Games that are delayed forever dont have the best track record. By November the next gen consoles will have been released and you might as well wait for those versions to come out. PC version will probably be the one to get.

fake

15 Year Member
This game has been in development for what seems to be forever now. I know CD Projekt Red has an excellent track record, but this is getting concerning. Games that are delayed forever dont have the best track record. By November the next gen consoles will have been released and you might as well wait for those versions to come out. PC version will probably be the one to get.

They're definitely concerned about people holding off on buying the game since it's so close to next gen's rollout. That's why they're giving you a free download of the PS5 version if you buy the PS4 version. Same for Xbone / XSX.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
To be more detailed, the current-gen version will be playable on XBSX / PS5 off-the-bat with minor enhancements whenever they launch (probably frame rate + resolution boost), but a proper next-gen version will follow later and it will be offered for free if you buy the current-gen version (confirmed to apply to both digital and physical purchases).

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
The more CDPR shows of Cyberpunk the less I want to play it. I can't put my finger on it but something about the city looks off. The game media keeps talking about how alive the city is but every preview has the same vendors/background pieces doing the same few actions. I also think its weird to lead previews with the console version since the current gen consoles are barely going to be able to run Cyberpunk.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
You guys haven't figured out that Europeans don't know how to make video games yet?

The combat will blow. Europeans can't do it. It's the world's epicenter of jank. Witcher 3's combat was complete garbage. Even Youtube shills who got to play a demo are admitting that the combat in this is bad.

Just stop, Europe. You tried, but you can't do it. Leave it to Japan and the United States where people can still make games that don't feel like complete shit.

I'm done with these stupid movies masquerading as video games. If you really look at what you spend the majority of your time doing in a game like this, it's mostly sitting around staring at heads during dialog prompts. It's fucking trash. I'd rather play Puzzle Bobble than this piece of shit.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
You guys haven't figured out that Europeans don't know how to make video games yet?

The combat will blow. Europeans can't do it. It's the world's epicenter of jank. Witcher 3's combat was complete garbage. Even Youtube shills who got to play a demo are admitting that the combat in this is bad.

Just stop, Europe. You tried, but you can't do it. Leave it to Japan and the United States where people can still make games that don't feel like complete shit.

I'm done with these stupid movies masquerading as video games. If you really look at what you spend the majority of your time doing in a game like this, it's mostly sitting around staring at heads during dialog prompts. It's fucking trash. I'd rather play Puzzle Bobble than this piece of shit.

If you read this like Alex Jones is saying it, it kinda works.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I honestly miss the euro-jank of old games. Back when everyone tried a different approach for the simple things that have become an industry-wide standard today.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bulbousbeard's posts remind me of that stuart98989999 dipshit.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
A bit more combat footage would be good to see regardless. The pen and paper game was combat heavy, so the game had better exceed in this section.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
“Your PS4 copy of the game will work on PS5 on launch day. Anyone who buys the game on Xbox One will be able to play their copy on Xbox Series X when the console launches too!”

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/19/2...able-on-ps5-xbox-series-x-backward-compatible

That's good news. Again I think PC version will be the way to go with a game of this magnitude, but nice for current gen consoles to be able to get this game. Yeah they will be considered the inferior version but that don't mean you can't have fun with them. Plus a game like this you know will be highly replayable if done correctly.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Dec 10th now.

I don't get why they needed the extra 3 weeks. Can you really accomplish that much with game development in such a short time frame?

Whatever life goes back to normal and I guess we wait now until December 10th. Maybe I'll go purchase that new Yakuza game that I was going to hold off on when cyberpunk was supposed to be coming out this month.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Doesn't really bother me the extra 3 weeks will blow by anyway.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I'm okay with this. My new PC parts won't be in until the beginning of December anyway, so just in time. :) I picked up that Star Wars Fallen Order game to tied me over this month. It's pretty good so far for being a copy/paste job of every 3rd Person action game cliché of the last two console cycles.