CRT Fetish Thread

Flagshiphero

Crazed MVS Addict
Anybody know where I can get a BNC to SCART euro RGB cable with sync seperator? Or who makes good ones? It's for my PVM 2950QM.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
dQIPoAX.gif

haightc

n00b
A buddy of mine recently came across a JVC TM-H150CG. I believe its missing the RGB card though. Is this a decent model?

pciture is good, but I would pass. I haven't been able to find the RGB input cards for these, I have a ikegami HTM-1700 that is basically the same monitor at the 170 but takes another input card but has manual controls.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
A friend saw a PVM at the Arc Thrift Store and I had him grab it for me. It's not RGB (14N5U), but PVMs aren't easy to find at a good price around here so I am not complaining.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I had one of those but had alot of screen jitter when playing games in 60Hz on my Pal consoles.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
A friend saw a PVM at the Arc Thrift Store and I had him grab it for me. It's not RGB (14N5U), but PVMs aren't easy to find at a good price around here so I am not complaining.

Very nice find! It's always been my dream to find any PVM at a thrift store.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Another update on that Mitsubishi XC3715C. I had it all planned out with the guy and was going to pick it up when I grab the two monitors from skate near the end of this month. I had a day and time figured out as well. I even shot the guy a little cash on PayPal so he felt better about holding it. I received a refund today and I asked what was up. He said "long story short . . . it's gone." He never took down the listing and just put it was pending pick up. The way he talked to me the last few times sounded like he was trying to talk me out of it. I'm sure someone offered him some chunk of change and he went for it. Oh well. I guess that red spot in the corner is someone else's problem :keke: Either way I am pumped as hell to grab the other two from skate and now we can take my girlfriends Toyota Yaris. Yay 35+ MPG

Last edited:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear it fell through. Sellers can be an ass sometimes. Maybe for the best with the screen issues like you said.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Sorry to hear it fell through. Sellers can be an ass sometimes. Maybe for the best with the screen issues like you said.

yeah i cant stand when people do that. i mean if you got a better deal thats fine but if you've already committed to another buyer, a little courtesy can go a long way. Simple "hey i got a better offer, can you match it?"

eh i guess its too much work for some poeple

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Yeah, I always hate when stuff falls through like that. Nothing new for Craigslist though. I threw what part of what I'm going to save in gas towards a gscartw_lite pre-order :)

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If it makes you feel any better your monitors are here waiting. If you have time when you stop by we can fire up some cabs if you want.

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sucks to hear that and why I usually jump on deals before they change their minds. When I got my pvm in December I immediately travelled three hours to Austin to pick it up. I'm glad I did too because he had another pvm on auction and it sold for a crazy a amount. Even though the one I got had a little wear to the case it functions perfectly.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
If it makes you feel any better your monitors are here waiting. If you have time when you stop by we can fire up some cabs if you want.

It absolutely does! I'm totally excited and I'd love to see some of your cabs. What do you have?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
It absolutely does! I'm totally excited and I'd love to see some of your cabs. What do you have?

1 Blast city, 2 net cities, and a 2 slot converted neo cab :) Point blank is running on the same model monitor you're getting.

14257731_10154748500482448_7301082348757430645_o.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Excellent lineup you've got there, skate!

lol at the Keith Apicary poster :keke:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
1 Blast city, 2 net cities, and a 2 slot converted neo cab :) Point blank is running on the same model monitor you're getting.

14257731_10154748500482448_7301082348757430645_o.jpg

Holy shit! That's amazing!! Your game room looks like heaven. I can't wait just to hear them all on. VERY NICE collection. You made my one Capcom Impress feel super lonely :keke:

rWbpocSl.jpg

INCT2Hkl.jpg

20" pvm on a Custom stand I built from scratch. Can I get in the PVM club? ;)

After seeing that consider yourself automatically in the "elite" club :keke: That is literally the best stand idea I've ever seen. That is inventive as hell and super compact. When I saw it my mind was blown lol. Fantastic work!! I wish I had the ability to make something like that. My cables are a ridiculous mess.

Last edited: