Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
yup, i agree i'm a sort of imbecile, because i don't thing this thing will happen So soon.
we knew once the rom was released... agreed.

Then you don't know the current scene...

It was well known what Sac carts were needed... BEFORE the rom release... All they needed was the full rom...

Raz knew this... Jeff knew this...

Eprom Burner... sac carts... a printer...

xROTx

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So was the release count on MVS and AES ever mentioned?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Why not just post a link to the ROMs in this thread and make it easy for people to burn their own?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yup, fully expected this to happen.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Everyone knew this would happen... you can't stop it unfortunately. But I do think that the kits that we all bought should have been numbered to at least differentiate from these bootlegs.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Everyone knew this would happen... you can't stop it unfortunately. But I do think that the kits that we all bought should have been numbered to at least differentiate from these bootlegs.

It would be very nice if the copies made by Raz were numbered like Knight's Chance ones, and the released rom contained a number exclusive to it, or no number at all. That would help differentiate bootlegs easily.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Doing those things do not stop the copies, wanted to keep it the same as SNK would have done the game as much as possible. Its clear this new one on ebay is not one from the batch we did. Can tell that quite easily from the pictures.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
wanted to keep it the same as SNK would have done the game as much as possible.

Imho, there is an halfway in doing this 90' style, and 2016 style. No point in "pretending" its genuine 90', and honestly i think its in the disfavour of your work. Might also accept what it is up to the packaging, put your name on it, and put the change log in the manual for exemple. You did do a big huge work here, i dont see the point of faking what its not.

This is worth having a real think about. For your next move i mean.
Those ideological thought are kinda hard to express in a foreign tongue.
Sorry if i sound arsh, didnt mean to at all, but i feel that there is tack worth sharing.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The point is no matter what one does these copies would still be happening and being sold as. We know who the original buyers are and these copies are easily identifiable so far.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'm fighting with PayPal now as I got a bootleg, the seller did a bit and switch.... should have just bought it from JM/Raz did the original run.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I'm fighting with PayPal now as I got a bootleg, the seller did a bit and switch.... should have just bought it from JM/Raz did the original run.

CS2 boot? There is no official release therefore all we have now are homebrew/boot. What are you talking about?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member

Dang dude. Sorry on that. He bit and switch one boot for another?

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
It would be very nice if the copies made by Raz were numbered like Knight's Chance ones, and the released rom contained a number exclusive to it, or no number at all. That would help differentiate bootlegs easily.

I agree, I also wish that this release was on the same style boards that the Knights Chance or NGDev games were on to stop people from making boots of it. Yes, it would have made it more expensive to purchase, but it would have been worth it for the fact that nobody could make copies from it, thus securing the game and Raz+Jeff's work that they did from getting out.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
:glee:Soooo to give these bootleggers a run for their money, you should do another round of these carts!

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Dang dude. Sorry on that. He bit and switch one boot for another?

lol is all i can say here omg i got a boot. there all boots

LOL, no shit but thanks. My issue was that that he said it was complete. It was a AES version with manual, etc. I purchased from another site, the shithead won't PM or call me back, so he knows what he did, filing a claim, but I don't know how far that will go. Bait and switch. I have a copy of MVS CS2 already, thanks to RAZ's release.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Would you like me to quote your own post? That isn't what your post said. You said you were filing a claim because you received a bootleg. It was pointed out they are all bootlegs - even the CIB AES ZOMG ones.

Your claim is actually, "Item received was not as described." Now on ebay, you have a claim, on paypal you don't.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I agree, I also wish that this release was on the same style boards that the Knights Chance or NGDev games were on to stop people from making boots of it. Yes, it would have made it more expensive to purchase, but it would have been worth it for the fact that nobody could make copies from it, thus securing the game and Raz+Jeff's work that they did from getting out.

Raz released the rom. The boots only started coming out on Ebay after the rom was released.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Raz released the rom. The boots only started coming out on Ebay after the rom was released.

Actually there were boots before the rom was released, I'm guessing someone couldn't wait and dumped a cart. I saw a few on ebay a while back and they went for $500-$1k each iirc.