Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have not given a release date for the ROM.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I don't speak for everyone, clearly, so whatever this is worth, but: If the ROM is being held back to protect the interest of those who recently purchased the second run of MVS carts, and as one of those 13, I'm OK with the ROM being released before I get my game. I didn't buy the MVS cart to have something nobody else could or should have.

The ISO of the CD is readily available and can be played on an emulator if someone wants, with the original music. I purchased the MVS version to support the work done by Raz, and to have the game in my cab. I really don't fear the ROM version of the game at all, or worry about some false sense of value, or devaluation of my cart if a ROM is released.

Not that my opinion matters... Of course.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Missed this post earlier. Great stuff Elder, can't wait to read it. As a matter of interest did you compare against the CD version for the review (and give comparisons between them) or is it mainly taking this conversion on face value?

The review looks at the game at face value, but I discuss the changes. By the way, not sure if it was clear, when I said people would be pissed, it's because they're going to want to get their hands on the game after the video goes up ;)

I'll shoot you the link once it's up Raz. You did a bang-up job with it.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Actually, to cease all stupid ass questions, I have already dumped the roms, and made myself another AES cart and MVS cart. I copied the AES artworks as well, and made myself everything that I want from that. I just want one "official" cart of the game just for keepsake on AES, as after playing the game more and more it kinda grew on me, and I would not mind owning an actual copy made from the hard work of Raz himself sitting on the shelf along with the hard work of all the other devs that made all the rest of the games in my Neo collection.

Yes, the game is just a hack of the Neo CD, and yes, it's never going to be anything other than that which is why the AES cart that I made myself would be fine for playing, as is the MVS cart that I also made. But, it's nice to own one made by them just to have it as it shows a sign of appreciation for ones hard work, which I didn't sincerely have in the beginning for the game do to the flaws that it has, (in my own opinion) along with not containing the music in which I loved from the original CD game.

The MVS cart I bought from Raz is sitting in it's box next to my self made copies, and I rather do like it. So, I am just looking to get another AES copy, just one, and this time around I would keep it for the sake of having one just made by Raz himself. If there will not be another AES run, it will be a sad day, but, at the very least I have the ones that I made and a nice MVS version that is at least official to keep me happy. :)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
LOL at having 3 copies of a game and wanting a 4th.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't speak for everyone, clearly, so whatever this is worth, but: If the ROM is being held back to protect the interest of those who recently purchased the second run of MVS carts, and as one of those 13, I'm OK with the ROM being released before I get my game. I didn't buy the MVS cart to have something nobody else could or should have.

The ISO of the CD is readily available and can be played on an emulator if someone wants, with the original music. I purchased the MVS version to support the work done by Raz, and to have the game in my cab. I really don't fear the ROM version of the game at all, or worry about some false sense of value, or devaluation of my cart if a ROM is released.

Not that my opinion matters... Of course.
I for one haven't taken the plunge...yet but I think it's awesome that you feel that way. It's alarming the amount of people that would disagree though, I mean, we all have our opinion and I respect that specially whatever discretion razoola intends to take with it, like you said; If it's about the game in itself there are different ways to get to experience it.

LOL at having 3 copies of a game and wanting a 4th.
lol, I know it...8man all over again???

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
lol, I know it...8man all over again???

8man seems to actually live in the present while reflecting fondly on the past. Other hoarders seem to be stuck in the 90's.

As for the cart itself, I debated the first run and was a little bummed when it sold out so that's why I got in on this "second" run or whatever you want to call it. I've supported a lot of homebrew, hell I've even bought some Jaguar homebrew I'll get little to no play out of just to support the folks behind the work. It would be cool to see an ISO version for those of us with the Neo CD so we can play it with the original music, but I could take or leave that. Either way, I think it's some cool work by Raz so I'm happy to plunk down the cash.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Actually, to cease all stupid ass questions, I have already dumped the roms, and made myself another AES cart and MVS cart. I copied the AES artworks as well, and made myself everything that I want from that. I just want one "official" cart of the game just for keepsake on AES, as after playing the game more and more it kinda grew on me, and I would not mind owning an actual copy made from the hard work of Raz himself sitting on the shelf along with the hard work of all the other devs that made all the rest of the games in my Neo collection.

Yes, the game is just a hack of the Neo CD, and yes, it's never going to be anything other than that which is why the AES cart that I made myself would be fine for playing, as is the MVS cart that I also made. But, it's nice to own one made by them just to have it as it shows a sign of appreciation for ones hard work, which I didn't sincerely have in the beginning for the game do to the flaws that it has, (in my own opinion) along with not containing the music in which I loved from the original CD game.

The MVS cart I bought from Raz is sitting in it's box next to my self made copies, and I rather do like it. So, I am just looking to get another AES copy, just one, and this time around I would keep it for the sake of having one just made by Raz himself. If there will not be another AES run, it will be a sad day, but, at the very least I have the ones that I made and a nice MVS version that is at least official to keep me happy. :)

This post is just pathetic.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

The way I SEE it... Jeff... just moved house... prob stressed and busy... (ALSO.. it's Xmas coming up... and has these CS 2 carts on his mind as well..)

Raz has promised these things will be sent...

Why hassle them....

xROTx

PS. You ever have a War room lock... I can do a 24 hour one so you'll appreciate the freedumb you have to do what you want now..

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
They are being worked on, Jeff is on it. It won't be long now.

Phexe

Quiz Detective
They are being worked on, Jeff is on it. It won't be long now.

Hey Raz, I don't know how feasible it is or if you'd even want to (or if its been mentioned before), but would you consider porting your fixes back into the NeoCD original?

Fakk2

Hey Raz, I don't know how feasible it is or if you'd even want to (or if its been mentioned before), but would you consider porting your fixes back into the NeoCD original?

Wow, that is a DAMN GOOD idea! Then the Neo CD would be more like an actual finished product instead of the Beta phase that it was released as. I am glad someone thought of that! :)

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I want to "see" Fakk2 shelf of CS2 carts. I will be like whats his faces' Pulstar shelves. Photoshop away!

Fakk2

I want to "see" Fakk2 shelf of CS2 carts. I will be like whats his faces' Pulstar shelves. Photoshop away!

:) lol Thanks, but the only people that see anything I have are on my friends list on FB. I don't bother posting pics here. ;)