Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Question about this project, I've read through the whole thread and haven't been able to figure out if it's been decided that this will be on custom PCBs, or require sacrifice carts, and if this would be a limited release only, or if the roms would be released after a limited cart run would be produced.

Can someone sum it up for me?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
So, VERY limited MVS kit/ AES release, no rom release or second runs? I'm worried that the release numbers will be so low, that those of us that don't have the capitol to get it first hand will be at the mercy of the 2nd hand market.

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I'm just hoping I catch the MVS release before it sells out. I do love CS, and was disappointed with CS2 being CD only.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
So, VERY limited MVS kit/ AES release, no rom release or second runs? I'm worried that the release numbers will be so low, that those of us that don't have the capitol to get it first hand will be at the mercy of the 2nd hand market.

I see your concern but there is no need to worry about this.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I just read through this thread and was really impressed see the project evolve from a technical marvel to a developing new product. Hats off to everyone involved.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
how will you announce orders being taken? this thread? new thread? Just don't wanna miss out.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
It will be in this thread for sure.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
PRE ORDER PAGE IS UP.

Finally you can get your pre orders in for Crossed Swords 2.

AES Edition Includes:
- English insert
- 2x English labels (1 applied to cartridge, 1 extra)
- English manual
- Used Snapbox
- Used Cardriedge Shell
(Cartridge shell and game box are used condition and may show signs of prior use.)

MVS Edition Includes:
- New cartridge shell
- New brown game box
- English spine label
- English art set
- English mini-marquee

Prices are 300USD for AES and 280USD for MVS. shipping is expected to happen in August 2015

http://www.neobitz.com/crossedswords2

Feel free to ask questions.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Very nice!! Which kind of boards did you use finally, conversion ones?

Yes, they are obtained from sacked games, we got hold of a load of ironclad MVS/AES conversions and they will be reconverted for our needs.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Will you sign the game on request? ;)

I am actually thinking of having a special paper included with all of these that I may sign, I'm not sure yet. It would be something on the lines of the DIP sheet (in MVS) but instead includes some information about the conversion. This would come with both MVS and AES kits.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
I don't usually think on buying new MVS releases but I'm really tempted after having a look at your work :lolz:

Elder

NEST Puppet
Once I get my tax return, this shall be mine. I'm super stoked for it! :)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Damn it Razoola!! I just disintegrated my previous record of most money I've spent on a single video game...
Pre-Ordered.
New Record - $403.25 CAD

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Mike, if Raz is willing to ship the cart to me first I'd be happy to write some squiggly lines on the spine with a Sharpie. LMK.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Oh...that's a real bummer. I think a lot of people (self included) have entirely JP AES collections.

I don't want to say outright that it will never happen but at present I'm still trying to get the English artwork sorted. Maybe I'll attempt Japanese after but I don't want to raise hopes for them to be dashed.