Colossal piece of shit Neil Gorsuch confirmed to SC - fuck you ki_atsushi

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lt--xrmO_64

And this is probably my favorite of recent years

That's kinda the problem though. The best stuff is often the prerecorded stuff. That's fine, but then what is the purpose of the live skits other than a few occasions where someone fucks up or breaks or whatever?

My favorite thing from this last season was Grouch (a Joker satire movie trailer about Oscars the Grouch from Sesame Street). Again, prerecorded. Also, in the last few years, the John Mulaney episodes are all good even if just for the first 5 minutes of solid standup.

After that? 'Very good' seems a bit over optimistic. It's solid, worth recording and flipping through, but I'd say a solid 1/3 at minimum of every show's content (excluding the musical performances* which are more dependent on taste) is pretty much skippable.

*Chris what's-his-face from Coldplay covering Shelter From the Storm on a covid episode might be the best I remember from the last year.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the best of SNL is not Live. And the funny stuff of old days is cringe now.

The funny stuff of even 15 years ago is cringe. So looking through any lens it’s hard to really expect much.

Marek

Banned
I think the best of SNL is not Live. And the funny stuff of old days is cringe now.

The funny stuff of even 15 years ago is cringe. So looking through any lens it’s hard to really expect much.

Oh I dont know about all that. The best of Farley, Farrell, Hammond, Ackroyd all still hold up today. At least to me anyway.

Come on. Celebrity Jepordy is still top notch.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Here's the first episode of Conan from '93, I like the opening bit, no reason to posting this other than it's almost 3AM here and what else is there to do:

That Papyrus was too tryhard btw

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Here's the first episode of Conan from '93, I like the opening bit, no reason to posting this other than it's almost 3AM here and what else is there to do:

I think the current climate would voice displeasure with Drew Berrymore's decision to wear a cheongsam.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

You could go to bed, my man.

Work on your sleep hygiene.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In 1995 SNL brought in (or promoted) Jim Breuer, Will Ferrell, Darrell Hammond, David Koechner, Cheri Oteri, Molly Shannon, Chris Kattan and Colin Quinn and everybody savaged the show as awful.

Now, a lot of people look at that cast as the best ever.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In 1995 SNL brought in (or promoted) Jim Breuer, Will Ferrell, Darrell Hammond, David Koechner, Cheri Oteri, Molly Shannon, Chris Kattan and Colin Quinn and everybody savaged the show as awful.

Now, a lot of people look at that cast as the best ever.

Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar would be cancel cultured for saying schwing at Claudia Schiffer.