Colossal piece of shit Neil Gorsuch confirmed to SC - fuck you ki_atsushi

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
where was the war for capital punishment? Or is executing "criminals" (only in quotes because we have executed many innocent people, while also executing real criminals) too deeply ingrained in our programming for us to truly revolt over?

Unfortunately capital punishment is too out of sight, out of mind for people to care too much about it.

But if abortion is ruled illegal that affects every single man and woman in America. I think people would get up in arms about a gross violation of their human rights in a country that prides itself on human rights.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

lithy

20 Year Member
"This clip, title, and description were not created by C-SPAN."

Yeah I saw that, kinda weird that user created content is allowed on CSPAN, although the only reason I ended up there was because of a Vox article. Hardly a conservative rag.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah I saw that, kinda weird that user created content is allowed on CSPAN, although the only reason I ended up there was because of a Vox article. Hardly a conservative rag.

I don’t discount the video itself. But the way it’s titled and described uses some loaded language.

Marek

Banned
Looks like the court kicked the can down the road on DACA

I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong and I hope I'm dead wrong about the blind partisan nature of Gorsuch because this isnt how I saw things going at all.

I do have a pretty cynical outlook on these rulings in the context of an election year, but we'll see how they handle the Trump cases next month.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Looks like the court kicked the can down the road on DACA

I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong and I hope I'm dead wrong about the blind partisan nature of Gorsuch because this isnt how I saw things going at all.

I do have a pretty cynical outlook on these rulings in the context of an election year, but we'll see how they handle the Trump cases next month.

The 5-4 ruling was written by Chief Justice John Roberts and joined by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor.

Not Gorsuch, AFAIK.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Oh yeah he did a partial dissent?

"Justice Clarence Thomas also filed an opinion, concurring and dissenting in part, joined by Justices Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch. Additionally, Justice Brett Kavanaugh filed an opinion concurring and dissenting in part."

Pretty much says it all.

Marek

Banned
"Justice Clarence Thomas also filed an opinion, concurring and dissenting in part, joined by Justices Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch. Additionally, Justice Brett Kavanaugh filed an opinion concurring and dissenting in part."

Pretty much says it all.

Tbh I'm not really sure what that means.

Is it just posturing? Leaving clues about what they would be amenable to in terms of a real solution?

I guess I need to read that long ass shit

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tbh I'm not really sure what that means.

Is it just posturing? Leaving clues about what they would be amenable to in terms of a real solution?

I guess I need to read that long ass shit

When I say it pretty much says it all, I am making a blanket condemnation for anyone that signs on to Clarence Pepsi Pube Thomas. I’m surprised Thomas isn’t closer with Kavanaugh.

Marek

Banned
When I say it pretty much says it all, I am making a blanket condemnation for anyone that signs on to Clarence Pepsi Pube Thomas. I’m surprised Thomas isn’t closer with Kavanaugh.

Thomas is my least favorite justice by far, now that Scalia is banished to Tartarus.

He and his wife are blatant corruption personified.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thomas is my least favorite justice by far, now that Scalia is banished to Tartarus.

He and his wife are blatant corruption personified.

He can't be as odious as Kavanaugh, can he? And what about Alito?

"What about Alito?" will be a comedy feature where no one remembers Alito is in the supreme court, and the court is shut down because of quarantine, leaving Alito locked inside. Think of it as a mix between Home Alone, and What About Bob. Starring a young Bill Murray as Samuel Alito.

Marek

Banned
He can't be as odious as Kavanaugh, can he? And what about Alito?

"What about Alito?" will be a comedy feature where no one remembers Alito is in the supreme court, and the court is shut down because of quarantine, leaving Alito locked inside. Think of it as a mix between Home Alone, and What About Bob. Starring a young Bill Murray as Samuel Alito.

Kavanaugh is in the Matt Gaetz tier of in your face odiousness, but Clarence and Ginny Thomas are just so shameless. And yes my opinion of Thomas involves his wife too. I cant separate them in my mind.

I always viewed Alito as a Catholic ideologue with neoliberal economic views. So predictable that he does get left behind.

Anyway "What about Alito?" Needs Rob Schneider as the comedic foil Raymond the Janitor

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I love Rob Schneider. Not from his SNL days of course.

Btw - he’s part Filipino. Does that make him the first Asian American on SNL?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SNL added a Chinese guy named Bowen Yang to the current cast, who knew?!

Bowen isn't that funny. I think that they could have done a lot better with someone like Ken Jeong, but I guess there's a budget issue in paying a guy like Jeong who probably commands a big salary. Bowen is still better than Allie Wong, in that he seems to have some breadth to his roles, potentially, even though it hasn't been shown yet. I don't like Allie Wong's material at all. And it's weird that there's no south asian members... just kidding. But they could have brought on Aziz Ansari or Hasan Minhaj

Marek

Banned
Bowen isn't that funny. I think that they could have done a lot better with someone like Ken Jeong, but I guess there's a budget issue in paying a guy like Jeong who probably commands a big salary. Bowen is still better than Allie Wong, in that he seems to have some breadth to his roles, potentially, even though it hasn't been shown yet. I don't like Allie Wong's material at all. And it's weird that there's no south asian members... just kidding. But they could have brought on Aziz Ansari or Hasan Minhaj

Bobby Lee is the GOAT Asian comic. Hos post mad tv shit is fucking hilarious.

lithy

20 Year Member
SNL added a Chinese guy named Bowen Yang to the current cast, who knew?!

Bowen Yang is also gay, so they got to double dip on token demos while only taking up one cast slot.

I actually think he's okay.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
But they could have brought on Aziz Ansari or Hasan Minhaj

SNL is a springboard to get into better things. For Aziz to go into SNL now would be like an Oscar winner doing a car dealership commercial.

SNL isn't even funny, it's more about how they're able to put on a live show weekly and everything goes off without a hitch, more or less.