Check out these messages I received from an eBay seller!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
sounds like the time i got my mvs games wrapped in a bk bag years back from here.

I don't think anything will top the guy who received games from Yaton in a tampon box.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i was kind chuckling and nodding my head (this guy seems pretty reasonable) until that last part with where he started lecturing you

i scoffed hard right there :lolz:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
honestly. im annoyed by buyer inquiries like this.

Sure his later response was a bit crass, but he shouldn't need to reply at all. It's his auction. he can do whatever he wants with it.

No, he needs to be held accountable. He canceled all the bids because he didn't like the price it was at near the end just as I expected. That's not how you run an auction sale and if you do that you shouldn't be allowed to be selling on eBay. Whoever has the highest bid wins, period. It was no longer "his" item once when he agreed to auction it and people were bidding on it.

Also "a bit crass" is an understatement; he went on a racist tangent for nothing. I was simply wanting to know if he was going to re-list it or what the deal was.

Last edited:

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Was this a listing from Western Canada? Sounds like the same retard who tries to sell inflated stuff around these parts on Kijiji... :oh_no:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Not really. He canceled all the bids because he didn't like the price it was at near the end just as I expected. That's not how you run an auction sale and if you do that you shouldn't be allowed to be selling on eBay. Whoever has the highest bid wins, period.

Also a bit crass is an understatement, he went on a racist tangent for nothing.

I recently sold some SNES lots on eBay. The final 10 seconds of both auctions saw 2-3 hundred dollar increases in the final price.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I recently sold some SNES lots on eBay. The final 10 seconds of both auctions saw 2-3 hundred dollar increases in the final price.

Exactly... And I told him that in one of my messages. Smart people don't bid until the last seconds; what's the point of bidding beforehand? Regardless of if it sold for $1 or $1,000 though, in the end an auction is an auction and that's the risk you need to be willing to take if you list one. The further irony of this all is that I doubt this seller paid anywhere near the price he's trying to sell it for now in the first place.

Anyway, I'm glad he got none of my money and that he doesn't have my address. Hoping his account gets suspended. :keke:

Last edited:

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
The seller is from Canada yes, I forgot whereabouts.
I just found the auction through the completed search. Same guy, I used to know him through an acquaintance, serious mental issues it sounds like. Hope they terminate his account! :D

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I just found the auction through the completed search. Same guy, I used to know him through an acquaintance, serious mental issues it sounds like. Hope they terminate his account! :D

You knew him in person? I'm sorry for your loss.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Is he a "scary terrorist" or was he just fucking with the OP?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
No, he needs to be held accountable. He canceled all the bids because he didn't like the price it was at near the end just as I expected. That's not how you run an auction sale and if you do that you shouldn't be allowed to be selling on eBay. Whoever has the highest bid wins, period. It was no longer "his" item once when he agreed to auction it and people were bidding on it.

Also "a bit crass" is an understatement; he went on a racist tangent for nothing. I was simply wanting to know if he was going to re-list it or what the deal was.

you never really said when it was cancelled. you just said some bids had been placed.
should he have placed a reserve price, yes?

Winning an ebay auction is not a contract, and he doesn't have to be held accountable. There are plenty of opportunities for the seller to change their mind.
There are also ways of penalizing this type of activity without roundabout inquiries.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
you never really said when it was cancelled. you just said some bids had been placed.
should he have placed a reserve price, yes?

Winning an ebay auction is not a contract, and he doesn't have to be held accountable. There are plenty of opportunities for the seller to change their mind.
There are also ways of penalizing this type of activity without roundabout inquiries.

Bids had been placed and he retracted them all at the very end because he wasn't happy with the price. Like I said, that's not how an auction works. If I bid on eBay I'm bound to buy an item and if I list an item on eBay I'm bound to sell it unless unforeseen things happen like it gets lost, stolen etc. That's just how I look at it. It's the same thing as me selling something here, I wouldn't backtrack. You don't go back and forth when you agree to do something. We can agree to disagree on sales etiquette though.

Also, I don't mind inquiries at all and other sellers shouldn't mind them either. They are a seller, why should they not answer questions? The seller is running a business of sorts. I genuinely wanted to know if he was going to re-list it simply because I wanted to possibly bid on it again if it was going to be. However, he decided to lose me as a customer by overreacting like a mad man on-top of breaking policy in the first place. If you were with eBay you wouldn't want him selling on your site either.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You kinda came off like a douche...

Even if he was a total asshole.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'd rather have a HiSaturn Navi anyway.

I never owned one but I used to want one bad.

Loefye had me all excited thinking the jp skeletons had jumped in price. It was the Brazilian skeleton which made more sense.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I never owned one but I used to want one bad.

Loefye had me all excited thinking the jp skeletons had jumped in price. It was the Brazilian skeleton which made more sense.

The Japanese skeletons are still worth a lot. Nobody really has an accurate price range for Brazilian units though as they kind of aren't sold often. I don't know a ton about Saturn yet though nor do I pretend to so take what I say with a grain of salt. I was mainly interested in this unit as it was new and I wanted a system with a good laser and lifespan. Plus, I quite like the skeleton Saturns in general. I figured at $500 I would lose, but it would have been worth a shot. It was at about $200 when it was taken down; I'd assume it would have hit about $700-750 if it were to have stayed up. :p

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Bids had been placed and he retracted them all at the very end because he wasn't happy with the price. Like I said, that's not how an auction works. If I bid on eBay I'm bound to buy an item and if I list an item on eBay I'm bound to sell it unless unforeseen things happen like it gets lost, stolen etc. That's just how I look at it. It's the same thing as me selling something here, I wouldn't backtrack. You don't go back and forth when you agree to do something. We can agree to disagree on sales etiquette though.

Also, I don't mind inquiries at all and other sellers shouldn't mind them either. They are a seller, why should they not answer questions? The seller is running a business of sorts. I genuinely wanted to know if he was going to re-list it simply because I wanted to possibly bid on it again if it was going to be. However, he decided to lose me as a customer by overreacting like a mad man on-top of breaking policy in the first place. If you were with eBay you wouldn't want him selling on your site either.

Doesn't Ebay only allow you to cancel bids if at least 12hrs left? As long as he was able to, i dont see why you need to complain. You just seem butthurt that you weren't able to get what you want. This guy doesn't sound like someone who owns a store, just some asshole trying to sell his shit because he feel its worth a lot. Just like what you see on craigslist & offerup by fat women trying to sell Wii's for $300. You think you are going to change their mind about the value of their listing? Then they get all pissed off because you let them know its actual worth...Then you act like the victim.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Doesn't Ebay only allow you to cancel bids if at least 12hrs left? As long as he was able to, i dont see why you need to complain. You just seem butthurt that you weren't able to get what you want. This guy doesn't sound like someone who owns a store, just some asshole trying to sell his shit because he feel its worth a lot. Just like what you see on craigslist & offerup by fat women trying to sell Wii's for $300. You think you are going to change their mind about the value of their listing? Then they get all pissed off because you let them know its actual worth...Then you act like the victim.

I don't know everything about eBay's policies. I don't believe that you're supposed to be able to cancel bids because you don't like the price an auction is at though. Sellers only have the option to for unforeseen circumstance such as the item being lost after listing it etc. From my understanding both parties are under a contract to buy or sell items when they say they are going to.

The main point of this isn't about him canceling bids though, it's about his overreaction from me basically just inquiring if he was going to relist the item and wondering what happened to it in the first place as there were active bids on it. I wasn't thinking I'd win it anyway even if it were to have remained up. Were he to have reacted normally, even if he retracted the bids like he had(though in my eyes still dishonorable), I wouldn't have really given a shit and just moved on. He decided to be a racist prick instead though and literally have a meltdown so I reported it to eBay; an action I don't regret. How you're able to defend this guy I have no clue. LOL

Anyway, I'm over the skeleton Saturn now. I can give a shit less. Speaking of which, does anyone have a nice condition loose or CIB US Saturn by chance? If so PM me!

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
You have to delete some messages;)

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I don't think anything will top the guy who received games from Yaton in a tampon box.
Too bad I sold the carts eh? ;)

The dude from eBay is real, I knew him through another gamer, but we were not immediate friends. I have sent similar messsages of other items, and contact info to meet for a sale with terrible results. When I couldn't meet right away to pick up an item (due to work), I would get huge wall-of-text emails proclaiming I'm a time waster, anti-Muslim and all of the same bullshit you've already read here. I believe the OP here is innocent enough, he just wasted his time on the wrong dude.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

I didn't get a tampon box from yaton, but I did get cuts of digiorno pizza boxes iirc. Also got massive cobwebs around the cart contacts and a shitload of dust too. :lolz: