Check out these messages I received from an eBay seller!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
This is why I don't eBay much folks...

Me:
Hey, just noticed the Saturn Skeleton system auction was taken down, I was planning on bidding. Any reason it was taken down? (there were already bids on it)

Seller:
al-hamdulillah

Hi,

I removed it from auction for the time being and will list at fixed price for around $1000. As I said in the listing this is one of the rarest Saturns ever released, if not the rarest, and moreso factory sealed.
Rather than open it up on auctionfor the dozens of bargain basement watchers who were waiting to bid for it on the last day for some ridiculous price, it's better off being listed for a price reflecting that as a buy it now option until someone takes it.

Usman

Me: Well good luck with the sale. I was just surprised as I thought I saw twenty or so bids on it when I found it yesterday so didn't know the auction could be taken down at that point.

Generally from my experience you end up making more with auctions as many will bid at the last seconds and the price can go up much higher than a BIN. Everyone's a bargain hunter though and that's just the chance you take with an auction and that's what makes eBay fun.

Personally I was going to bid around 500 but I'm sure someone else would have bid more. I just want a gem mint version of this system with a perfect laser; I would have opened it and used it as well as displayed personally. I'm pretty OCD about the condition of my stuff!

Cheers.

-Michael

Seller:
al-hamdulillah

There you ae - you yourself are a cheap ass who wanted a system that's never seen on eBay for the amount a used, beat-up Samsung Satuen commands.

It's people like you I'm byppassing entirely by going the BIN route. You can have your 'fun', I'm after maling a sale at a fair price.

And then there's your typical ignoramus use of 'OCD' as a descriptor for your perfectionist attitude towards the condition of your toys. Listen, OCD is a genuine mental disorder and a crippline one defined by rituals and invasive thoughts that severely circumscribe a person's daily life.

I absolutely despise people like you with your chapassery, lack of appreciation of or what you;re buying. and most of all: your disgusting, make-me-retch white privilege of wanting something for nothing (this goes back to your rapist/pedophile/genocidal white forefathers on their colonial adventures) - and most ofall, your pathetic ignorance of basic human psychology and reduction of it to pathetic pop psychology riddled with more BS than your belovd Trump.

I've banned you and your ugly white privilege from my listings and from contacting me again.

Go and shoot up another mosque and some more innocent Muslims, you'll feel better, and no one will you terrorist - they'll just call you...OCD.

Me:
You are an ignorant racist moron. I told you good luck with the sale and wasn't rude at all in my email. An auction determines market value, not BIN's. You got bids on your item and couldn't deal with the price they were at so you went back on a fair sale and deleted the auction like a chump. You obviously aren't a person who follows through with your word. You also know nothing about me so don't pretend to. Lastly, I appreciate all things gaming as well as people; something you obviously don't. I'll be posting your message on various gaming forums around the internet such as Neo-Geo.com etc. to make sure nobody buys your stuff. I'll also be contacting eBay to let them know about your abuse; hopefully they will give you a mark on your account. Get a life.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Wow.

"Good luck with the sale!"

"Fuck you and your white privilege!"

Jon

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Wow.

"Good luck with the sale!"

"Fuck you and your white privilege!"

Jon

I know right? Also, how does he know that I'm even white? LOL

Sadly there is no way I can report him, eBay will only allow me to report on an existing item but he took the auction down.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
lol.

fwiw- 500-600 is about right assuming it has everything.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Consoles probably stuffed with anthrax anyway.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Here's the latest one I sent him. This one is bound to get him real stirred up!

New message to: al-hamdulillah
Just wanted to say as well, I hope that soon you have a much better day than you're having. You're obviously a really angry person and I hope you find some peace in your heart soon. I really mean this. Sending you my best wishes.

-Michael

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
lol.

fwiw- 500-600 is about right assuming it has everything.

It was a solid offer for sure. BIN killed eBay; people don't realize how an auction works... The price it gets to is generally the market value... It's determined by buyers. He can have fun listing that for $1,000 and have it up there for the entire upcoming year.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
wow...that's pretty incredible. I like how he is spitting in your capitalist face....while selling video games on ebay at an inflated price. makes perfect...sense? [now my head hurts]

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Almost tempted to buy something cheap from him and give him some negative feedback, but I don't think I want this psycho to know where I live.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yup interesting is a good word for that twat. You could report it still but it would require a phone call, then argue with the Indian to get transferred back to their west coast offices. Have them look into your messages, then they can back track that to the pulled auction. Once they realize he broke their TOS on pulling an auction without a valid reason they may go after him. You're allowed to pull for 4 reasons they give you to choose from, but once he opened his mouth up about how he didn't like the bids and wanted to exclude buyers who are cheap asses he set himself up to get busted as there is no fifth choice of (the bids are shit, contract void, it's erased.)

He may have a slight point on how people casually toss around OCD these days but that's really about it and giving more credit than he's due. He's amusing assuming anyone not willing to pay (what double?) the value he thinks it is makes you cheap and a scumbag. He's the problem, not the honest gamer who has been at it before the last 5-7years of scalping dickery who would rather still find a more correctly priced deal than getting baked over video games.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That kind of reminds me of the guy who auctioned off a Laseractive many years ago.

Somehow, it slipped through the cracks and I got the thing for $100 (it came with a Genesis pack, as well). The dude was furious, but there was no reserve on it. He sent me a ton of shitty emails demanding that I drop the sale, but I refused.

In the end, he sent the fucking thing...in a box, wrapped in a garbage bag...full of his garbage.

I cleaned it and it worked fine...but the guy was a total dick about it.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Update: I called eBay(on hold now while they work on the case) and they are notating his account and said that they may consider terminating it but at the very least will put a temporary suspension on it as a warning. They don't take this sort of thing lightly. :)

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The saturn was probably rigged with explosives, never trust musrats.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Almost tempted to buy something cheap from him and give him some negative feedback, but I don't think I want this psycho to know where I live.

I was thinking of buying all of his stuff and then just not paying on an alternate account but too much work.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Yup interesting is a good word for that twat. You could report it still but it would require a phone call, then argue with the Indian to get transferred back to their west coast offices. Have them look into your messages, then they can back track that to the pulled auction. Once they realize he broke their TOS on pulling an auction without a valid reason they may go after him. You're allowed to pull for 4 reasons they give you to choose from, but once he opened his mouth up about how he didn't like the bids and wanted to exclude buyers who are cheap asses he set himself up to get busted as there is no fifth choice of (the bids are shit, contract void, it's erased.)

He may have a slight point on how people casually toss around OCD these days but that's really about it and giving more credit than he's due. He's amusing assuming anyone not willing to pay (what double?) the value he thinks it is makes you cheap and a scumbag. He's the problem, not the honest gamer who has been at it before the last 5-7years of scalping dickery who would rather still find a more correctly priced deal than getting baked over video games.

Yea, I ended up giving them a call. They said they will definitely take action as he's dealing with people's private information when they buy items such as addresses etc... I didn't mention the bid retraction thing but I'm sure they see that in the email as well. As far as the OCD term goes, I know the difference between real OCD(I actually have it to a degree, including the "checking" and "thoughts") and mild OCD so he doesn't really have a point.

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
That kind of reminds me of the guy who auctioned off a Laseractive many years ago.

Somehow, it slipped through the cracks and I got the thing for $100 (it came with a Genesis pack, as well). The dude was furious, but there was no reserve on it. He sent me a ton of shitty emails demanding that I drop the sale, but I refused.

In the end, he sent the fucking thing...in a box, wrapped in a garbage bag...full of his garbage.

I cleaned it and it worked fine...but the guy was a total dick about it.

God forbid someone gets a good deal once in a while. I swear man... Sellers are such babies when it comes to auctions. When one is listed you are agreeing you will sell it for what is bid; anything else is going back on your word. They all want to have their cake and eat it too. (they want the potential of a bid war to happen and the item to go sky high but can't take it if they lose the gamble)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
God forbid someone gets a good deal once in a while. I swear man... Sellers are such babies when it comes to auctions. When one is listed you are agreeing you will sell it for what is bid; anything else is going back on your word. They all want to have their cake and eat it too. (they want the potential of a bid war to happen and the item to go sky high but can't take it if they lose the gamble)

what about the ones that put a reserve price on the auction?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
The guy seem ok in the first reply...

Could have just ended it with, ok good luck with your sale. Instead you replied back like an entitled first world problem "white" guy & gave him a lecture.

You seem way butthurt in this situation. If anything this would have made my day & just laugh my ass off.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
The guy seem ok in the first reply...

Could have just ended it with, ok good luck with your sale. Instead you replied back like an entitled first world problem "white" guy & gave him a lecture.

You seem way butthurt in this situation. If anything this would have made my day & just laugh my ass off.

Right, because he didn't initially give me a lecture in regards to "bargain bin buyers" etc. when all I did was send a short message asking why he removed the item while there were bids on it... Then later he never proceeded to give me a diatribe of racist accusations after the fact or anything like that...

Of course I'd be a bit butt hurt and eBay is handling it now so I'm good. He can eat rocks. :)

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
This made me lmao, what a butthurt tool. Fwiw I haven't bought anything on eBay for some months now because of people like this, I'm sick of the BS.