Cave. Steam. *mic drop*

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
If that user base actually buys their games, why wouldn't they? You'd be sending them a clear message that it's smarter to continue to make mobile games financially.

Exactly. Why support them by buying their STGs when they're not going to make any more STGs?

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'd prefer not to hide behind self-fulfilling prophecies and try to provide incentive for them to do what I'd like them to do.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hopefully I can finally try Ibara without coughing up SNK money to play the game. LOL
Any word if any of the games can be played in TATE mode?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'd prefer not to hide behind self-fulfilling prophecies and try to provide incentive for them to do what I'd like them to do.

Yeah. That will work. I'll be hiding in the meantime. Let me know when it's safe to come out.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Yes, confirmed tate. It’s basically guaranteed to be one of the mushis.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
株式会社ケイブ
‏@cavegames
now I can say is as many as we can. thanks! RT @AdelheidHC: @cavegames How many CAVE Games are headed for steam?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
What console Cave game is $100? I think DDP on the PSX is the most expensive around $80 on eBay, but most console Cave games are in the $20-50 range.

exactly. While at least there is a port, it's ri-goddamned-diculously priced. And I've never gotten the rom to run well in mame (I'm not very good at that sort of thing anyway). I suck at all shmups, but there is an aesthetic and vibe I really dig about that game. I'm not even setup nor have the ability to play most games from steam, but if we start seeing stuff like Ibara and Dangun, I'll defintely get setup for it. In the meantime, I'm pretty happy they are doing this at all.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I might actually have to sign up to Steam and get a PC that isn't a piece of shit for this. It'll still work out cheaper and easier than tracking all the consoles and games down.

Schiggidyd

Kuroko's Training Dummy
While I totally think it's cool they're making the games available on Steam, I think a lot of people who wanted to play them have already found compatible MAME versions to run them at home. I certainly have.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
While I totally think it's cool they're making the games available on Steam, I think a lot of people who wanted to play them have already found compatible MAME versions to run them at home. I certainly have.

Shit. Someone tell Steam, before they waste any more time or money on this.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I might actually have to sign up to Steam and get a PC that isn't a piece of shit for this. It'll still work out cheaper and easier than tracking all the consoles and games down.

I would think the system requirements to run these games should be really low, considering that the xbox 360 was running on 2005 hardware. Wouldn't be surprise if you could run these games using just the integrated graphics on the cpu.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Haha emu boy, Cave games are the ONLY thing i've emulated. Don't act like everyone has the money or space for actual arcade machines!

Raizing Holy Trinity (Dimahoo Garegga, Batrider) > Cave

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Haha emu boy, Cave games are the ONLY thing I've emulated. Don't act like everyone has the money or space for actual arcade machines!

You realize what site you're on? You're on an arcade enthusiast forum and you say some stupid shit like that?

Also proper releases from Cave means extras like arrange mode and not having input delay that you normally get from emulation. Not to mention a real port with accurate slow down. There's also a DoDonPachi that isn't emulated yet.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

You're right.

I don't get why this noob is being harassed over these posts.

Far more ignorant statements get made all the time followed by a lack of attack.

Schiggidyd

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You're right.

I don't get why this noob is being harassed over these posts.

Far more ignorant statements get made all the time followed by a lack of attack.

It's simple, my small post count means they can treat me as less-human than they are.

By the way guys, making the game available on steam? Still emulation. Except they "package it" and make it official. It's no different than Nintendo releasing old games on the virtual console. Still emulation.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
It's simple, my small post count means they can treat me as less-human than they are.

By the way guys, making the game available on steam? Still emulation. Except they "package it" and make it official. It's no different than Nintendo releasing old games on the virtual console. Still emulation.

Not necessarily, if it's a true port the original source is compiled for the target platform and it becomes native and isn't emulated. Also, online leaderboards and replays makes it even more desirable than just emulating it.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Not necessarily, if it's a true port the original source is compiled for the target platform and it becomes native and isn't emulated. Also, online leaderboards and replays makes it even more desirable than just emulating it.

He is kinda right tho. It's not on the original hardware anymore. You could call it emulation in one form or another.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
That's called a port dude, come on.

At it's core it's not on the original hardware tho. That's what I'm getting at. The way I look at it is from the start if the original game is programmed on an arcade PCB and then ported/emulated to a PC or console system, it could literally be read as the same thing to me. When people complain about SNK games being ported to another system there's sometimes where people say, The "Emulation" sucks or this was a terrible port.

It's really apples and oranges but cave games on PC or even console is a good thing. I don't really see a difference between the word emulation and port other then you pay for one and don't pay for the other.

Last edited: