Cardfighters Clash DS

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Orochi Iori Y said:
I would expect them to have cut-scenes up on the top screen when you attacked or were attacked. Either show the two characters from the cards beating on each other or show a character hitting on a payer. They better do an english version of this game... :drool_2:

That's my idea too. It would be awesome, I drool at thought of CFC leaping from 16 Bit to 64 Bit Graphics. There's a LOT of potential here.

Here's a crazy idea though, what if (assuming this is a new game) they take a nod to Jump Superstars, make it a SNK styled 2D Fighter with the touch screen managing your deck for strikers and super moves. I'd actually like to see them do that.

But hey I'm not complaining about the original either. Even if it was just a port I'd buy it :buttrock:

Now I'm definitely now buying a DS. Don't get me wrong I think the game will be great, but I won't get shit done if I have it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yet another reason I'm glad I bought a DS. Best damn portable console Nintendo's made since the original Gameboy.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Fygee said:
Yet another reason I'm glad I bought a DS. Best damn portable console Nintendo's made since the original Gameboy.

Word ( :kekeke: )

Anyway, corny respect aside I'm also hot for when this game gets released. I'm hoping for a springtime release but as long as it is next year I'll be happy. Make it the best yet Playmore!

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
CFC

Great Card Fighters Clash is making it to the DS, I'd like to see how the second screen helps if any. I got the capcom version for the NGPC. :mr_t:

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Here is the logo from the game:

h-264_43434_kadoDS.jpg.jpg

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
hell yea.
about time they bring out a successor to it.
too bad cfc2 got lost in the sauce.
i still play cfc on the pocket nowadays and lose the time doing it.
and kern, if you wanna play psov3 then go ahead man.
fucking waiting for the computer to make a fucking move.
what a waste of my time.
that game puts me to fucking sleep.
as much as i love ps too.l

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
I just realized something!

Given the DS's hardware, and considering it comes out next year, what if they enable Online Play (the first online games for the DS like Animal Crossing and Telegram's Ultimate Brain Games will be out around December)

CFC ONLINE? Just imagine the possibilities! :buttrock:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Cain Highwind said:

Given the DS's hardware, and considering it comes out next year, what if they enable Online Play (the first online games for the DS like Animal Crossing and Telegram's Ultimate Brain Games will be out around December)

To think I remember laughing at the DS...

Now I yearn for the damn thing. Not only this, but Advance Wars, Castlevania, etc... Awesome!

But online... Now we're talking. I don't care what anyone says, I can't believe that Playmore has resurrected SNK so well. The very idea of a new Cardfighters, on a new hot console not just here but in Japan as well. That's the kind of move that's getting them noticed again. Ports of old games are great, but this new stuff is what's putting them back on the map. If it's online, so much the better. :buttrock:

Capt. Takehiko

Crossed Swords Squire
Cain Highwind said:

Online or not I still have to get a DS just for this. CFC rules.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
heh, new avatars on the way.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'd be one happy panda if this gets a US release, and if it doesn't I'd import it without hesitation. Just awesome! Wireless CFC? Yes, please!

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I'm there. In fact, maybe it should be mandatory we bring these to each convention so we can get some wireless CFC going. I don't remember how many hours I put into the original games, and I have all 3 releases. (SNK and Capcom versions of the first, and CFC2) However, the games are so fun, I wouldn't mind starting all over again for this release and doing it all over again.

What makes this game a winner is that it seems to always remain fun, all the while it can be played no matter what time you have on your hands. Do you want a quick fix, or do you want to sit there playing it for hours? Either way works just fine. PSO Episode III was nearly this fun, but not quite given that it's much harder to just jump and jump out with PSO. Probably my 2nd favorite computer card game. After that, it would be Yugioh. For some reason, the magic hasn't quite caught onto me like the first two.